+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been excused from providing an essential document such as a PCC????

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everybody!

My husband needs a PCC from Singapore, but I believe it will be impossible to provide. Unlike most countries, you can submit the application without Singapore's PCC because the country requires a letter from CIC in order to issue it.

Our problem is that to get the PCC it is mandatory to provide the FIN (foreign identification number), which my husband has no record of. We have contacted the authorities responsible for issuing the FIN, the one's responsible for issuing the PCC, the university my husband attended. None of them can provide him his FIN number. We couldn't find emails from that time either (2005!).

I am planing to attach proof of this contacts and a LOE asking if we can be excused to provide this PCC.

Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY been excused before?

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
I'm on the same boat, but in my case, I am unable to provide PCC from China.

But if your husband was in Singapore in 2005, why are you worried about singapore PCC?

As per my understand, you need to provide PCCs from those places where you lived in last 10 years. Isn't it so?

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Never unless your country has serious security issues like Syria or Libya or Irag

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
imrankhan2015 said:
I'm on the same boat, but in my case, I am unable to provide PCC from China.

But if your husband was in Singapore in 2005, why are you worried about singapore PCC?

As per my understand, you need to provide PCCs from those places where you lived in last 10 years. Isn't it so?
PCC is needed from all countries where applicants have lived for six months or more after age of Eighteen.

Reactions: canada_dreamer

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
You can show them Invitation To Apply Letter which you could download anytime you want!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Saudamini said:
Never unless your country has serious security issues like Syria or Libya or Irag
The right answer is 'rarely' rather than never. There are certainly a few of us here who had applications approved without submitting all of the required PCCs. My husband had his spousal sponsorship application approved without providing a PCC from Kuwait. He was there for a year and a half before the war. All of the police records were destroyed during the war and it's impossible to obtain a police record for the period of time my husband is there. We tried to obtain the PCC for several months and then got written proof from embassies / consulates saying it was impossible to obtain the PCC. My husband's application was approved easily. So definitely possible. But you have to have an extreme situation.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
alzs- said:
Hello everybody!

My husband needs a PCC from Singapore, but I believe it will be impossible to provide. Unlike most countries, you can submit the application without Singapore's PCC because the country requires a letter from CIC in order to issue it.

Our problem is that to get the PCC it is mandatory to provide the FIN (foreign identification number), which my husband has no record of. We have contacted the authorities responsible for issuing the FIN, the one's responsible for issuing the PCC, the university my husband attended. None of them can provide him his FIN number. We couldn't find emails from that time either (2005!).

I am planing to attach proof of this contacts and a LOE asking if we can be excused to provide this PCC.

Have you checked your passport for the entry stamps for Singapore? There should be a number starting with an alphabet - that is the FIN number. It should be given on the first entry stamp when you entered on a work permit

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you explain the situation in the appeal and still apply. We applied without the scanned copies of our Employment and Dependent passes. With your passport numbers, they should be able to pull up your records and process the appeal/application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
alzs- said:
Hello everybody!

Yes, PCC extension are regularly granted depending on the circumstances of the case and the due diligence of the applicant. If you cannot obtain the PCC, you should write a LoE and include all documentation that you did to find the FIN number. Also include the forms or information where it states that a FIN number is mandatory to get a PCC. Based on your application IRCC may give your additional time or exempt you from the PCC altogether.

However, you will need to write a strong LoE and make sure that everything is discussed in detail with documents to support it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Saudamini said:
This is incorrect information. Unless you have some document that says so, please do not add to the chatter of wrong and inaccurate information. It creates unnecessary chaos and confusion. Why I am saying so, I was given an exemption from a PCC and extension for another. So I am writing with my personal experience, and I have assisted other applicants on the forum who have successfully been given extensions and exemptions.

Reactions: canada_dreamer

hasan.hadi

Sep 24, 2015
Baghdad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/2/2017
Nomination.....
12/4/2017
legalfalcon said:
This is incorrect information. Unless you have some document that says so, please do not add to the chatter of wrong and inaccurate information. It creates unnecessary chaos and confusion. Why I am saying so, I was given an exemption from a PCC and extension for another. So I am writing with my personal experience, and I have assisted other applicants on the forum who have successfully been given extensions and exemptions.
Actually he is right Iraq, Syria and Libya are exempted from PCC.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Thanks, Hasan. Can't believe they are asking PCC from countries which have security concerns

Btw I am she not he!

Do I need to provide a police certificate for Express Entry?
You do not have to provide a police certificate from Syria unless we ask for one.
When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. To submit your online application, write or type "As per IRCC instructions, I do not need to submit a police certificate from Syria with my application at this time" on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section.

You do not have to provide a police certificate from Libya unless we ask for one.
When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. To submit your online application, write or type “As per IRCC instructions, I do not need to submit a police certificate from Libya with my application at this time” on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section.

You do not have to provide a police certificate from Iraq unless we ask for one.
When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. To submit your online application, write or type "As per IRCC instructions, I do not need to submit a police certificate from Iraq with my application at this time" on a blank piece of paper and upload it in the Police Certificate section.

Check for yourself legalfalcon

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp#I

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Chatter of Wrong Information Lol :mad:

I could tell few seniors over here are really rude. :-X They think they have got PR so they know everything, however, not knowing that things have changed in 1-2 years. They are not certified Immigration Officers or VOs or Case Analysts.

Anyhow I have given the link!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Saudamini said:

I could tell few seniors over here are really rude. :-X They think they have got PR so they know everything, however, not knowing that things have changed in 1-2 years. They are not certified Immigration Officers or VOs or Case Analysts.

hasan.hadi said:
Actually he is right Iraq, Syria and Libya are exempted from PCC.
To be honest with you, I think you did not understand what legalfalcon was saying. Actually, you did not even understand the question that OP asked.

When you said "Never unless your country has serious security issues like Syria or Libya or Irag", you were wrong. Like legalfalcon said, you do get exemptions and extensions for PCC. If you have not come across any such case yet that does not mean it did not happen.

For many countries like Malaysia, Mexico, Saudia Arabia etc. you do not need to provide a PCC during your eAPR. They send you a letter later on if you require a PCC. And last time I checked, none of these countries had serious security issues. Rules are different for all countries. For Malaysia, they do not issue a PCC unless you have lived there for at least 12 months. See, the rules vary from country to country.

And speaking of being rude, it depends on the reader how they interpret the tone of a written sentence. And, if someone has got PR this does not mean that they cannot keep themselves updated about the latest changes. As far as I know, most of the active "senior" members here are up to date with their knowledge of the whole process.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Saudamini said:

I never wrote any thing that was rude, insulting or derogatory. I only asked that if you are not sure, please refrain from posting, as it creates confusion and chaos, especially for the person who has asked the question. Further, as regards you questioning my credentials, I am a licensed lawyer in three countries, have a legal experience spanning over a decade, and I will have my license to practice in Canada in the next few months. So yes, I am not a consultant (with a 12 month diploma, or a high school graduate working for IRCC). I have represented people in immigration proceedings in the US, even though immigration is not my core area, it is litigation. I believe that with my skill set and education, I am better prepared that you are. I am here to help others and create information which is reliable and accurate. On many occasions when I am not sure the answer, I do not reply or seek help from other people who have better knowledge or first hand experience.

I would once again request you to stop posting inaccurate information.