+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

smilyster

Apr 12, 2009
Hartford
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2009
Doc's Request.
10-12-2009
Nomination.....
01-12-2010
Looks like timeline for pcc's

indian birth certificate/pcc-45 days
aust pcc-45 days
fbi-30 to 45 days
state pcc's-1 to 3 weeks

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

See my comments in Bold Red

smilyster said:
Looks like lot of work to do for pcc.
do we need to get pcc for my spouse too or just primary applicant pcc's are enough?
Yes, you should be taking PCC for your spouse too. Refer to nix's blog, he took for both of them though he was the primary applicant.
can we give the pcc return address to self ? or they should be directly sent to cic buffalo?
Better to get PCC to return to self, so that you can send with the application to the buffalo office
As per my credit report address proofs i lived in MD,OK,WA,CT.
but in OK it is <6 months, hopefully it should be ok.
They are asking for PCC, only for states where you lived for more than 6 months.

Maryland wants in person finger prints dont know why they r asking for tht, i have to drive to maryland police barracks which offer fingeprints on sat.maan that is baad..
CT/WA pcc can be processed via mail
can we download FBI finger print card online? or send a mail requesting them to fwd it.

Download the FBI fingerprint card, take your finger prints on that and send it to them.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

Gurus,

Can I get PCC directly from India instead of the Consulate ?

I know folks there who can get it from the Commissioner of Police, Mumbai. Will this be accepted ??

sman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can we get Birth certificate from Indian Consulate?

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet

Yes, check the consulate webpage.
sman said:

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
State PCC's are only required if they ask for it. FBI certificate is required and also the home country plus any other country if the applicant lived after attaining 18 yrs of age for more than 6 months. Here's the link for the US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

They recently updated this page in Nov 09 . Previously you were required to send state certificates also, now it is at their discretion.

Database Admin

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
Does FBI accepts electronic submission (Live Scans) ?

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

AbuMalik said:
Gurus,

Can I get PCC directly from India instead of the Consulate ?

I know folks there who can get it from the Commissioner of Police, Mumbai. Will this be accepted ??
Yes, you can...the only difference is: in this case you will not have the stamp on your passport -which is o.k...you need to send PCC document to CIC which your family sends from India.

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
Here's my PCC timeline:
12/1/09 Applied for California PCC (electronic submission)
12/2/09 Sent Record Request to FBI (by USPS)
12/4/09 Received AINP nomination
12/4/09 Received California PCC
12/7/09 FBI received my Record Request (based on USPS tracking)
@ Jasper: do they require passport for California PCC ? because, since the PCC from home country takes the maximum time so i was planning to visit San Francisco India consulate for PCC before i apply for PCC from state or FBI & i have no idea if India consulate will keep back my original passport... so little worried that what if PCC California & FBI require passport-then i would get stuck. So just wanted to know if i will require original passport at any stage for FBI & California PCC.
thanks!

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldeepforyou said:
you will need orignal passport too...i did not sent it through mail but went personaly and then they accept photocopy
which consulate did u go to? i am planning to go to San Francisco India consulate personally & wanted to know if they too will accept photocopy of my passport or would keep my original passport!

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sman said:
rezendgi said:
Yes, check the consulate webpage.
it takes somewhere around 45days.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
desikiVAAT said:
@ Jasper: do they require passport for California PCC ? because, since the PCC from home country takes the maximum time so i was planning to visit San Francisco India consulate for PCC before i apply for PCC from state or FBI & i have no idea if India consulate will keep back my original passport... so little worried that what if PCC California & FBI require passport-then i would get stuck. So just wanted to know if i will require original passport at any stage for FBI & California PCC.
thanks!
No, California PCC does not require passport. If you live in California, all you need to bring to Live Scan office is Request Form, photo ID, and fee (about $50 total). You'll find more information here (including the Request Form): http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/visaimmigration.php (But again, state PCC is NOT required in the initial CIC application to Buffalo, so you don't have to get one right after receiving your nomination.)

For FBI certificate, you'll need Cover Letter, Fingerprint Card, and payment ($18). Live Scan offices can usually take your fingerprints for FBI, too (they charge about $30), but this is not electronic submission so you need to mail them to FBI. And this process does not require passport either, but it takes 8-10 weeks (according to FBI website). So you should do this as soon as you receive your nomination. Here's FBI Record Request website (you can print Cover Letter and Fingerprint Card Forms from here): http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper said:
No, California PCC does not require passport. If you live in California, all you need to bring to Live Scan office is Request Form, photo ID, and fee (about $50 total). You'll find more information here (including the Request Form): http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/visaimmigration.php (But again, state PCC is NOT required in the initial CIC application to Buffalo, so you don't have to get one right after receiving your nomination.)

For FBI certificate, you'll need Cover Letter, Fingerprint Card, and payment ($18). Live Scan offices can usually take your fingerprints for FBI, too (they charge about $30), but this is not electronic submission so you need to mail them to FBI. And this process does not require passport either, but it takes 8-10 weeks (according to FBI website). So you should do this as soon as you receive your nomination. Here's FBI Record Request website (you can print Cover Letter and Fingerprint Card Forms from here): http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm
thanks Jasper for help!

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
cooldeepforyou and desikiVAAT
Please let's know how long it took you to get the Indian PCC.
Anyone got it thru mail (and had a passport issued from SFO?) - i believe then the time to get it is only 10 days.
Thanks

desikiVAAT said:
which consulate did u go to? i am planning to go to San Francisco India consulate personally & wanted to know if they too will accept photocopy of my passport or would keep my original passport!

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Re: Family inofrmation

hsetin said:
Hey guys,
I have a question about this form.
In the imm008egen form where I need to enter the family information. I will enter my parents info, I am single and this is what I had entered when submitting application for ALberta.
I also need photos for them, and do I still need to follow that strict guidelines for the photos?
I dont have their photos with white background and stuff, and this would further delay my application. Any ideas.
hsten,

You don't have to enter your parents info (or pictures) in imm008egen. as you are single and filling for you selves. family includes , spouse, partners, dependent (children or adopted children)

You can check their website where they have clearly mentioned what is meant by family ?

Thanks

Thanks