+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Zayn Abiodun

Apr 23, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and my H & C application is just 8 mouth. So is it compulsory to have letters of recommendation from friends.

NickNick22

Star Member
Jan 5, 2024
No. H&C is done in two stages. You get AIP when you meet the eligibility requirements and an officer exempt you from the requirements to apply outside of Canada. ECOPR comes at the end of the second stage when all other requirements are met like criminality etc.
AIP means APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE
ECOPR means ELECTRONIC CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENT.
Actually it's not true.

My criminality was passed same day with AOR, and eligibility still is not started.

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Actually it's not true.

My criminality was passed same day with AOR, and eligibility still is not started.
Also for me the criminality passed after ircc collected my biometrics.

There are three main steps involved in a background check:

Criminality: any past criminal.

Security: risk to the health and safety.

Infosharing: various authorities share their information with each other and the IRCC makes a final decision regarding your application.

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and my H & C application is just 8 mouth. So is it compulsory to have letters of recommendation from friends.
It is not compulsory but it is called letters of support it makes your case stronger.

Letter from friends:
describe how you met the person and how long you have been friends; describe what you do together; describe what this person contributes to your life and what role they play in your life (e.g Do they play a support role? Are they like a brother or sister? Etc.);
freind will explain in the letter why you should remain in Canada (what do you contribute to Canadian society).

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Actually it's not true.

If you notice I said etc after writing criminality which means there are different things that are considered after aip whether that's background check, criminality you name it. Please note that when I respond to a post I am sharing my experience and not that of others. Not because it works one way for you and others doesn't mean that what I am saying is not true. However the person was asking about the difference between AIp and ECOPR. Which I took the time to explained. My explanation was to create a picture of how the two are different.

Reactions: FNU and Jambol

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have an important question.
My partner and I about to break up and unfortunately I need to ask this.
I applied for spousal H&C application. If she withdraws her sponsorship, how it effects my application. My hands are tied and just wondering what would happen to me. Thanks.

Zayn Abiodun

Apr 23, 2024
It is not compulsory but it is called letters of support it makes your case stronger.

Letter from friends:
describe how you met the person and how long you have been friends; describe what you do together; describe what this person contributes to your life and what role they play in your life (e.g Do they play a support role? Are they like a brother or sister? Etc.);
friend will explain in the letter why you should remain in Canada (what do you contribute to Canadian society).
Thank you, I really appreciate your response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
I have an important question.
My partner and I about to break up and unfortunately I need to ask this.
I applied for spousal H&C application. If she withdraws her sponsorship, how it effects my application. My hands are tied and just wondering what would happen to me. Thanks.
What do you mean by "spousal H&C"? Is your partner a PR who has sponsored you? Or have you both applied for PR under H&C together? It's not clear.