+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
DF definitely means a "Derogatory Flag", which means a Critical Red Flag.

I received GCMS notes for my child's application and the officer forgot to redact some of the information which was redacted in the previous notes. Paper file location is "Grant-DF". In the notes section, there is a comment "Pending derog flag, same for parents".

This information is not going to help, anyone but I still thought it's worth sharing.
Thanks for sharing!!! I remember @RESCUE EAGLE mentioned the same thing and @Refugeee went on him for no reason smh

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011

I received GCMS notes for my child's application and the officer forgot to redact some of the information which was redacted in the previous notes. Paper file location is "Grant-DF". In the notes section, there is a comment "Pending derog flag, same for parents".

This information is not going to help, anyone but I still thought it's worth sharing.

"Thank you. I've been saying from day one that it's 'Deferred,' but I really didn't know it's that bad to be a 'derogatory flag.' For me, this 'Pending derogatory flag' explains and confirms the situation. A few folks mentioned this before in previous posts in this thread, and one guy was very sure, but we didn't believe it.

At the same time, it doesn't necessarily mean we are in trouble please don't panic :D, just an extra wait time and excuses until they check/share/donate your personal information with their third parties, which are not CSIS, CBSA, and not even RCMP 100%. I strongly believe it's with one of the Five Eyes countries through some internal system/proxy.

One example we are 100% sure about is that they check with ICES, which with a simple search, we know is related & connected with the security agencies of the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Australia, and New Zealand.

I think this information is hidden from the MPs also, which is another red flag.

This is just another reason to take them to court, not for the sake of getting citizenship faster but to understand what they are doing and not settle until we get together in front of a judge where they will be forced to disclose a few important pieces of information about the process and involved agencies, and even details. But people like me who start this process don't get to this stage because only 20% succeed, so they settle down before this phase. Only a few reached this point and discovered the horrible manipulation IRCC practiced and the strange abuse of process and power, and lack of transparency and credibility.

I remember I read a case where the judge directly described what IRCC was doing to a poor sick guy as 'inhumane,' 'abuse of process,' where the IRCC officer deliberately manipulated the process, etc. Forget about the time when people discovered IRCC punished people who ordered multiple ATIPs by extending the processing time automatically, which was also stopped by the information commissioner after a few good people invested time and money to fix it for everyone. That's why we enjoy ordering many ATIPs without IRCC punishment."

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023

It's 100% the correct meaning of DF ,
However I hope that you don't get accused from some sick ppl , ur r lier ,

Thank you for sharing the value info .
And I want to let you know that it's just delay the file for a couple months, but after that , they have to finalize and finish it (I know what I'm saying, it's not unlimited time).

I hope that makes you feel better.

I was in the same spot and now I got my Oath in 2 weeks

So stay optimistic and hang on, you will get it.

Salam.

Last edited:

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023

I wonder what they consider a derogatory flag? I don't have any crime history or anything. I don't have a common name either. so what?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I wonder what they consider a derogatory flag? I don't have any crime history or anything. I don't have a common name either. so what?
Some people in this forum posted about had committed crime (summery and indictable) did their time and they got their citizenship without too much delay like my cases.

check this guy :(Canadian Citizenship Application with Arrest Record from FBI, any chance for me?)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-citizenship-application-with-arrest-record-from-fbi-any-chance-for-me.766749/#post-10069131

Application Received: 6/27/2022 -> Oath Ceremony in person at Mississauga office: 11/9/2022

the trigger probably not committing crime but something like common name in global lists like the one the ICES,PPP etc.. maintains

I have passed BCG + Prohibition, not just completed but written (PASSED), never got time to travel 30 KM outside Toronto downtown in last 7 years, so it's not about crimes or travelling history.
I remember a guy in this forum or in Facebook he mentioned he has security clearance + work in the government Federal position and also stuck in Grant DF

second trigger is just an officer that doesn't like something about your application due to urgent requests/ATIP requests/ just doesn't like your application lol etc.. (taking into consideration of IRCC transparency issues ) I start to believe this is the 40% would the trigger, 30% name match, 30% CSIS refers our application to this process. because this is the only step we know it's completed but we don't see if passed or not passed.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
It's 100% the correct meaning of DF ,
However I hope that you don't get accused from some sick ppl , ur r lier ,

Thank you for sharing the value info .
And I want to let you know that it's just delay the file for a couple months, but after that , they have to finalize and finish it (I know what I'm saying, it's not unlimited time).

I hope that makes you feel better.

I was in the same spot and now I got my Oath in 2 weeks

So stay optimistic and hang on, you will get it.

Salam.
Wa Salam,

thank you very much. Yes I hope things get better for all of us.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019

Just to give some context here. From all the GCMS notes, I can see that the decision has been made on my application and it has moved to Grant-DF because I applied on 1096th day and had a trip outside the country while on PR. Therefore case officer has requested ICES from CBSA. I have no criminal record, not even a driving ticket.

Hopefully, ICES will come back soon.

I really want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience. It has been really helpful.

We all are frustrated to some extent but that does not justify us to disrespect anyone or being rude to anyone in this group. We are all in the same boat guys.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
"Thank you. I've been saying from day one that it's 'Deferred,' but I really didn't know it's that bad to be a 'derogatory flag.' For me, this 'Pending derogatory flag' explains and confirms the situation. A few folks mentioned this before in previous posts in this thread, and one guy was very sure, but we didn't believe it.

At the same time, it doesn't necessarily mean we are in trouble please don't panic :D, just an extra wait time and excuses until they check/share/donate your personal information with their third parties, which are not CSIS, CBSA, and not even RCMP 100%. I strongly believe it's with one of the Five Eyes countries through some internal system/proxy.

One example we are 100% sure about is that they check with ICES, which with a simple search, we know is related & connected with the security agencies of the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Australia, and New Zealand.

I think this information is hidden from the MPs also, which is another red flag.

This is just another reason to take them to court, not for the sake of getting citizenship faster but to understand what they are doing and not settle until we get together in front of a judge where they will be forced to disclose a few important pieces of information about the process and involved agencies, and even details. But people like me who start this process don't get to this stage because only 20% succeed, so they settle down before this phase. Only a few reached this point and discovered the horrible manipulation IRCC practiced and the strange abuse of process and power, and lack of transparency and credibility.

I remember I read a case where the judge directly described what IRCC was doing to a poor sick guy as 'inhumane,' 'abuse of process,' where the IRCC officer deliberately manipulated the process, etc. Forget about the time when people discovered IRCC punished people who ordered multiple ATIPs by extending the processing time automatically, which was also stopped by the information commissioner after a few good people invested time and money to fix it for everyone. That's why we enjoy ordering many ATIPs without IRCC punishment."
Thank you for explaining in details. My application is stuck at ICES request stage.

I have researched and only found that ICES is requested from CBSA. Are you sure about it being related & connected with the security agencies of the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Australia, and New Zealand?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Some people in this forum posted about had committed crime (summery and indictable) did their time and they got their citizenship without too much delay like my cases.

check this guy :(Canadian Citizenship Application with Arrest Record from FBI, any chance for me?)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-citizenship-application-with-arrest-record-from-fbi-any-chance-for-me.766749/#post-10069131

Application Received: 6/27/2022 -> Oath Ceremony in person at Mississauga office: 11/9/2022

the trigger probably not committing crime but something like common name in global lists like the one the ICES,PPP etc.. maintains

I have passed BCG + Prohibition, not just completed but written (PASSED), never got time to travel 30 KM outside Toronto downtown in last 7 years, so it's not about crimes or travelling history.
I remember a guy in this forum or in Facebook he mentioned he has security clearance + work in the government Federal position and also stuck in Grant DF

second trigger is just an officer that doesn't like something about your application due to urgent requests/ATIP requests/ just doesn't like your application lol etc.. (taking into consideration of IRCC transparency issues ) I start to believe this is the 40% would the trigger, 30% name match, 30% CSIS refers our application to this process. because this is the only step we know it's completed but we don't see if passed or not passed.
this is crazy. this month we'll watch december 2023 and january 2024 applicants get their citizenships while we are doing whatever we are doing here.. so saddening.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Thank you for explaining in details. My application is stuck at ICES request stage.

I have researched and only found that ICES is requested from CBSA. Are you sure about it being related & connected with the security agencies of the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Australia, and New Zealand?
no we have nothing confirmed in this whole Grant DF thread it's all speculation, all just leaked notes or speculation built based on it, so what I mentioned it's based on my new understanding of this DF derog flag, also I recently read from online reports about amount of information shared between 5 Eyes.
Everything related to security in Canada connected to the 5 Eyes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

So when they say third party: could be RCMP? (No because I already passed) is it CSIS (no finished since 2023 July for me) could it be CBSA (no, my prohibition passed since 2023 July) so what would be third party I am convinced it's not in Canada what kind of org that takes 8 months of verification other than CSIS even my CSIS check didn't take this amount so this why , personally I am convinced it's one of 5 Eyes (best case) or third world country (worst case :( ) and I don't think it's US (US won't take this time)

About ICES scanning this report, https://www.priv.gc.ca/media/1166/cbsa_060620_e.pdf.

The audit team considered the following ICES activities during the examination: · crossborder exchange of shared lookouts; and · specific IT security controls for the ICES. 3.65 Our IT audit of the ICES database was conducted in tandem with the audit examination of the National Risk Assessment Centre’s shared lookout and HRTI initiatives. It should be noted that our audit did not include an evaluation of the IT control environment utilized by the U.S. NTC to protect information once the CBSA has transmitted it to the U.S.
so it's all speculation at this point we did our best to reveal these undisclosed hidden third parties I wish if IRCC can just give is the answer but won't happen

Reactions: mehranjadoon

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
@hemeda2 problem here is that after talking to two famous lawyers in mandamus field they said chances are slim and IRCC is really empowered in this situation. They said that IRCC will just say we are waiting for information and then nothing more can be done
You're right, even success rate is < 20%, can take up to 2 years and it even costly process.

But it's a hope, we love hope, it enforce transparency, let's not forget the many cases put on hold once the applicant file mandamus, which is huge step, IRCC is willing to wait for 15 years if they think there is an issue.

take this case applicant didn't wait long time before go for mandamus which was best decision :
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2015/2015fc935/2015fc935.html (from GPT4 summery)
  • April 2012: The applicant applied for Canadian citizenship.
  • February 14, 2014: The applicant attended a citizenship interview with CIC, where he was told that his application was being referred to a citizenship judge for a final decision.
  • March 12, 2014: The applicant's FOSS clearance was changed to "BF – Under Review," indicating a de facto suspension of his citizenship application.
  • June 23, 2014: The CBSA sent a letter to the applicant inviting him to an interview regarding his periods of absence from Canada.
  • October 23, 2014: The applicant filed a mandamus application to compel IRCC to process his citizenship application. On the same day, IRCC formally suspended the processing of the applicant's citizenship application under section 13.1 of the Citizenship Act.
  • July 8, 2015: The oral hearing before the judge took place.
  • July 30, 2015: The judge issued the judgment, granting the order for mandamus and vacating the suspension of the applicant's citizenship application.

"
The consequences of allowing section 13.1 to be used in this way would be devastating and inhumane in the present case. The applicant is in his sixties and is a sick man. He has been in Canada since 2002 and a permanent resident since June 2005. He has a clean record and has been entirely honest with CIC about his visits to Guatemala. His permanent residency has been confirmed with a full knowledge of those visits. The family members he came to Canada with are all Canadian citizens.

The record indicates that the applicant received RCMP clearance on May 21, 2013, has a valid CSIS [Canadian Security Intelligence Service] clearance until May 2017, and received immigration clearance on May 28, 2013. On February 14, 2014, CIC completed a citizenship application review form which shows that the applicant had fulfilled the statutory requirements for citizenship. This is the form that goes to a citizenship judge who will assess the application and complete the form. Yet on March 12, 2014 the applicant’s immigration clearance was altered to show “BF — Under Review”, and the application was deemed “[p]ending further information from CBSA ....

In addition, it would mean that a significant abuse of process in breach of Canadian law would have been successful. It would also mean, on the facts of this case, the inhumane treatment of a sick man who could face deportation away from his family at a difficult time in his life." END of copy from the case

So .... That's why people just apply for it, as last resolution not just to get fair processing but for the sake of understanding what's happening in his file and protect themself from IRCC violations of Citizenship & ATIP laws

My understanding for mandamus: it's not for faster processing or avoiding security checks etc.,, my main goal for mandamus would mainly to understand what they are doing behind the scene force them to show their notes , keeping them on check protecting myself from being abused by their power, and get fair process not faster but fair, I want my file to counted +1 mandamus request next year when Media publish # of mandamus of IRCC, I also want to expose any law violation publicly if my mandamus granted.

Plus don't forget once you file mandamus, department of justice I think + IRCC legal department has to open your file and prep response this is super painful for them, to go through everything and prep response, it's less painful to finish application than to fight back if there is no (valid) reason for fighting even failed mandamus exposes many internal details helped thousands people overall personally I think it's super useful if you have good budget and patient

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
no we have nothing confirmed in this whole Grant DF thread it's all speculation, all just leaked notes or speculation built based on it, so what I mentioned it's based on my new understanding of this DF derog flag, also I recently read from online reports about amount of information shared between 5 Eyes.
Everything related to security in Canada connected to the 5 Eyes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

So when they say third party: could be RCMP? (No because I already passed) is it CSIS (no finished since 2023 July for me) could it be CBSA (no, my prohibition passed since 2023 July) so what would be third party I am convinced it's not in Canada what kind of org that takes 8 months of verification other than CSIS even my CSIS check didn't take this amount so this why , personally I am convinced it's one of 5 Eyes (best case) or third world country (worst case :( ) and I don't think it's US (US won't take this time)

About ICES scanning this report, https://www.priv.gc.ca/media/1166/cbsa_060620_e.pdf.

so it's all speculation at this point we did our best to reveal these undisclosed hidden third parties I wish if IRCC can just give is the answer but won't happen
For me BG including CSIS security has passed since August 2023. Sometimes I think that I am stressing about it for no reason as the case officer is going to take his time.