+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refused.......What to do now..????

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
rascojenkins said:
Mr.David Cohen is an excellent Lawyer and has a very good reputation.
actual he has more than dozen lawyers working for him....i searched his website for his company's details...

so basically i think he has one of the good firms out there

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
zuhair said:
Dear Guys,

I contacted with Attorney Mr. Cohen and explained all the situation now he asked to provide my update resume with validity of H1B visa for further evaluation. Guys your pray needed now, thanks

Regards

well good luck ... keep us posted... and God bless..

zuhair

Apr 15, 2009
Deay guys thanks for your guidance. I will definitely post if got any positive outcom by Mr. Cohen regarding my case

Thanks again

zuhair

Apr 15, 2009
Dear guys,

Yesterday I got call call from David Cohen's law firm and they said we will file your case instead of appeal on your refusal of AINP. I aksed them why you couldn't appeal against my refusal? in reply they said now CIC are no more interested for the IT (0213) applications most of cases are being rejected and some are in pending status, they already got a lots of application for IT category.

Now they are filing my case under Restaurant Manager category as I already have 2.5 year expereince as an Assistant Restaurant Manager in KFC so you ppl are requsted to please pray for my case.

Thanks in advance

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
zuhair said:
Dear guys,

Yesterday I got call call from David Cohen's law firm and they said we will file your case instead of appeal on your refusal of AINP. I aksed them why you couldn't appeal against my refusal? in reply they said now CIC are no more interested for the IT (0213) applications most of cases are being rejected and some are in pending status, they already got a lots of application for IT category.

Now they are filing my case under Restaurant Manager category as I already have 2.5 year expereince as an Assistant Restaurant Manager in KFC so you ppl are requsted to please pray for my case.

Thanks in advance
I didnt expected that kind of stupid reply from Cohen. That was really stupid and even not related to the issue. Issue is TECHNICAL and he is giving you a POLICY reply. Talk to some other lawyer. wtf....

ISSUE is that you forgot to mention in application to AINP that you even applied to CIC. What does it has to do with 0213. Is Cohen a lawyer or what...

avaid

Apr 20, 2009
Good Luck Zuhair............

As per the reply of David Cohen,are CIC rejecting/pending applications for 0213 NOC code only or other IT NOC Code also?

zuhair

Apr 15, 2009
I dont know, but I got this reply from one of guys of his law firm. His mean to say that CIC already received number of aplications for IT category and cases are still in pending ....due to avoiding of risk we will not file your case under this category..

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
zuhair said:
I dont know, but I got this reply from one of guys of his law firm. His mean to say that CIC already received number of aplications for IT category and cases are still in pending ....due to avoiding of risk we will not file your case under this category..

ptember 2009 and I have 1.5 Year expereince as Manager IT and have 1 year expereince as a College Instructor in IT...pls guide what other option I may have..????
Zuhair...you look like real lucky guy dude
You have experience as:

1 - IT Manager
2 - College Instructor
3 - Restaurant manager

I have never seen a guy who is eligible in so many categories...lol.. even if list changes sometime, you will always be eligible....
CIC should give u immigration as a special case.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Mike053 said:
zuhair said:

ptember 2009 and I have 1.5 Year expereince as Manager IT and have 1 year expereince as a College Instructor in IT...pls guide what other option I may have..????
Zuhair...you look like real lucky guy dude
You have experience as:

1 - IT Manager
2 - College Instructor
3 - Restaurant manager

I have never seen a guy who is eligible in so many categories...lol.. even if list changes sometime, you will always be eligible....
CIC should give u immigration as a special case.
A lot of people have background in various Industries. Which is good as well so one can cope with recession.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Mike053 said:
zuhair said:
Dear guys,

Thanks in advance
I didnt expected that kind of stupid reply from Cohen. That was really stupid and even not related to the issue. Issue is TECHNICAL and he is giving you a POLICY reply. Talk to some other lawyer. wtf....

ISSUE is that you forgot to mention in application to AINP that you even applied to CIC. What does it has to do with 0213. Is Cohen a lawyer or what...
To me I thing this guys are just trying to save him time.If they do not need more IT(0213) what is the proberbility that his case will suceed on appeal? So the best thing is just to start a new application in a feild that he would have more chances of succeding.

Jitendra S.

Jun 18, 2009
I called David Cohen just yesterday. I am 0213 and manage porjects for our company. He says this is good category and he wants to use Alberta AINNP for me,. since I am in USA for 3 years on H1.

He said this 0213 category will be open for a while longer probably, maybe the rest of the year. But he also says that you never know 100 percent sure.

So maybe someone in the postings above have miscommunications on this issue? I not sure if we get whole story here.

I thought at first I should go with Federal Skilled Worker category, but Cohen mentioned to me that if I go with Federal I have to take ILETS language test. I do not want that. So I like his recommendation for Alberta instead. I also have a friend in Alberta.

David seems good - he took over 20 minutes with me and really discusses everything well. I'm not sure if I should do this on my own or hire him. I think may I will hire him. For me a bit more money to have a good laywer is not issues here. it's more my time.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Whatever the case i think a lawyer talks to you base on the way you present your case to him. So I quess he has given you guys to the best of his knowledge the best method based on your cases David C is a good Lawyer
Good Luck to u guys.

admin

Administrator
May 23, 2006
Please note that NOC code 0213 (Computer and Information Systems Manager) is currently one of the 38 "qualifying occupations" under the Federal Skilled Worker program and is currently listed on the Alberta AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream - U.S. Visa Holder Category. Neither I, David Cohen, nor any member of my law firm has advised anyone to the contrary.