+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got refused.......What to do now..????

zuhair

Apr 15, 2009
I applied for Canada under H1-B Alberta PNP program in February 2009, and got AOR with medical papers in april 2009 my wife was pregnent with 5 months and she was unable to do medical in current position so I wrote a letter to buffalo and update the situation, in reponse they told us that we are holding ur medical till the baby born so when you will have the baby pls inform us. But yesterday I got a letter from buffalo office with stated that your alberta nomination has been cancelled and no reason was mentioned there, right away I made call to Canada Alberta office to know the reason then a lady from their office told me that in form your wrote that "you never applied for Canada before" although we confirmed with buffalo office and they said that you had applied 2 years ago for the canadian immigration under FSW and had refused, due to you lied us your case now has been refused.

Dear guys actully I misunderstand the question and got probably asking for the Alberta nomination, although I never apply for the Alberta nomination so I written "NO", I didn't it deliberately, while I already have informed to buffalo office regarding my previous refusal....but I dont know why buffalo didn't informed to Alberta..

Dear guys now pls guide me what to do in current situation could I appeal for my refusal ??? if not, so could I eligible to appy again for the Alberta nomination?? and they will consider me in positive ??? or do I have another option for the Canadian immigration....as I have Master Degree in Education of technology from USA and crrently living in USA on H1B Visa which is going to be expire in September 2009 and I have 1.5 Year expereince as Manager IT and have 1 year expereince as a College Instructor in IT...pls guide what other option I may have..????

Prompt action will be highly appreciated...

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
Contact a canadian immigration lawyer and ask him/her what can be done. You may have to spend some money on this but you'll probably get some better advise on what to do next.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Yeah contact a Lawyer, or you find a Canadian embassy or consulate close to you. Try to explain your situation to an office and tell them you what to try and make it right. If there are any steps to take they'll advice you.
Good Luck.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
zuhair said:
Dear guys actully I misunderstand the question and got probably asking for the Alberta nomination, although I never apply for the Alberta nomination so I written "NO", I didn't it deliberately, while I already have informed to buffalo office regarding my previous refusal....but I dont know why buffalo didn't informed to Alberta..
What do you mean by you already informed Buffalo about your previous refusal - Did you correct it in the actual form you sent to Buffalo or you informed via phone or letter ? What did you answer for :" been refused permanent visa " .

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Did you write "NO" in CIC forms,which you send to Buffalo also or only to Alberta forms?

why Alberta withdraw at last stage?
I thing Buffalo inform Alberta about this,that's why Alberta withdraw now because your file is with Buffalo right now.

zuhair said:
"you never applied for Canada before" although we confirmed with buffalo office and they said that you had applied 2 years ago for the canadian immigration under FSW and had refused, due to you lied us your case now has been refused.

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
I think you need to contact Alberta people because they are the peopel who will say "Yes or No" to CIC ,you need to contact Alberta and convence them to have CIC proceed the case

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
zuhair said:
I applied for Canada under H1-B Alberta PNP program in February 2009, and got AOR with medical papers in april 2009 my wife was pregnent with 5 months and she was unable to do medical in current position so I wrote a letter to buffalo and update the situation, in reponse they told us that we are holding ur medical till the baby born so when you will have the baby pls inform us. But yesterday I got a letter from buffalo office with stated that your alberta nomination has been cancelled and no reason was mentioned there, right away I made call to Canada Alberta office to know the reason then a lady from their office told me that in form your wrote that "you never applied for Canada before" although we confirmed with buffalo office and they said that you had applied 2 years ago for the canadian immigration under FSW and had refused, due to you lied us your case now has been refused.

Dear guys now pls guide me what to do in current situation could I appeal for my refusal ??? if not, so could I eligible to appy again for the Alberta nomination?? and they will consider me in positive ??? or do I have another option for the Canadian immigration....as I have Master Degree in Education of technology from USA and crrently living in USA on H1B Visa which is going to be expire in September 2009 and I have 1.5 Year expereince as Manager IT and have 1 year expereince as a College Instructor in IT...pls guide what other option I may have..????

Prompt action will be highly appreciated...
sorry to hear this .... did u call alberta hotline or your nomination officer...

if u have called hotline then i will suggest u to call the nomination office mentioned
on the nomination confirmation statement....

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
So there are two forms which ask if you have applied with CIC before.

The PNP form which asks somthing like have you, your spouse or commom law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted an Application for Permanent Residence in Canada to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) ? (please check the form for the exact layout)

The CIC Schedule 1 Section 9 asks something like previously sought refugee status in Canada or applied for a Canadian immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa? (please check the form for the exact layout)

To me the PNP forms question is a little vague. I interpret it as a current application with CIC. But then again I may be wrong.

The CIC forms question is more direct asking for any or all previous applications. But then again that is how I understand the question.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
I asked the OP which form and he is not answering which form.

IMO, if it is the AINP form then he doesn't stand a chance. It very clearly states " Permanent Residence in Canada to CIC " and if he has mentioned NO in that form, it will definitely considered as lie and concealing facts.

There is whole bunch of decalration at the end of the AINP form and one of them is " withdraw nomination if submitted false statement or concealed significant fact ".

Anyway let us wait to see what is the outcome of this

harivenkat

Oct 6, 2008
AlbertaAINP said:
I asked the OP which form and he is not answering which form.

IMO, if it is the AINP form then he doesn't stand a chance. It very clearly states " Permanent Residence in Canada to CIC " and if he has mentioned NO in that form, it will definitely considered as lie and concealing facts.

There is whole bunch of decalration at the end of the AINP form and one of them is " withdraw nomination if submitted false statement or concealed significant fact ".

Anyway let us wait to see what is the outcome of this
Yea CIC forms and AINP form both ask that question... and the candidate must declare
in AINP form for sure... i can say this from my experience... i overlooked that IMMGen008 question but in AINP form I clearly mentioned that I had applied for FSW in Jun 08
and had not recieved AOR yet....

I had repeated that oversight mistake in Jan 09 when I sent PNP but I had enclosed a
letter in the app stating that my FSW was in process and there was no AOR....

Also the AINP officers do read that AINP form because I did recieve a call from my nomination
officer before getting the nomination inquiring if I had still recieved the FSW AOR ....