16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
hi amusa,
how did ur interview went? keep us posted

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that I had my interview yesterday and I got my CSQ on the spot...YAY!!!The interview went well, the guy was really nice, the interview was quite short,just about 30mins and thats because it didnt start till 4pm (he was 30mins late). Then he spent like 30mins doing some point calculation, and then asked me questions about my diploma, and whether i had searched for jobs in montreal, which I had and had taken print outs of possible jobs that I could apply for. So thank you to people in this forum, the information i got here really helped me alot.

So now I will send my permanent residence application, the fees and my CSQ tomorrow while i wait for my PCC's to come coz i have to get them from 3 different countries.

Good luck everyone with your applications and thanks alot for the advice!

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that I had my interview yesterday and I got my CSQ on the spot...YAY!!!The interview went well, the guy was really nice, the interview was quite short,just about 30mins and thats because it didnt start till 4pm (he was 30mins late). Then he spent like 30mins doing some point calculation, and then asked me questions about my diploma, and whether i had searched for jobs in montreal, which I had and had taken print outs of possible jobs that I could apply for. So thank you to people in this forum, the information i got here really helped me alot.

So now I will send my permanent residence application, the fees and my CSQ tomorrow while i wait for my PCC's to come coz i have to get them from 3 different countries.

Congrats!!! ;D

Good luck with the rest of the process.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks,

mtlguy based on ur timeline, did u send the application for permanent residency before getting ur pcc's? my pcc's might take long coz i have to get them from 4 different countries so wasnt sure if its better to send the application now.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Thanks,

mtlguy based on ur timeline, did u send the application for permanent residency before getting ur pcc's? my pcc's might take long coz i have to get them from 4 different countries so wasnt sure if its better to send the application now.
Yes, Mailed the federal application without the PCC's. I'm still working on getting the PCC's...FBI is very slow and is bottlenecking the process. Thankfully i got the medical request with the AOR. Hopefully i'll have the PCC's by the end of this month and will mail the RPRF along with it.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Hey Everyone,

Amusa,

Could you post in detail you interview experience?

Thanks!

narmeen

Nov 17, 2009
Hi, :D

Congrats for your CSQ.

All the very best for all those waiting.

Me too waiting for police clearance certificates so that can applied to Federal.

charmeuse

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 10, 2008
AOR Received.
September 3, 2008
Med's Request
December 12, 2009
Med's Done....
December 24, 2009
Interview........
November 9, 2009
Passport Req..
December 12, 2009. Recd. by CHC on Jan 15, 2010.
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2010. E-cas status changed on 9 Feb, recd on 10 Feb.
LANDED..........
Smooth landing on June 26, 2010.
Congrats amusa! Glad to see it went well.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Sheena21,

The interview was 50% french, but it was very informal, the interviewer spent most of the time calculating my points, which took up most the time. I think he was unprepared, because he called me 20mins late for the interview. But of course I am very happy it turned out that way.

Thanks all

moee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Hey amusa.. Congratz!!! :)

Can you post in detail what questions he asked you during your interview ??

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
moee,

sorry for the late reply. Just to let you know, i think my interview was a bit different from others that i read. He didnt ask me much questions, he told me that i was very few points short of the pass mark.

But, he started in french asking me where my husband was. When i told him that he wasnt in the country and that i had informed the lady that called me for the interview. He said fine, but if i failed the interview,my husband would have to come and makeup for the points.

Then he asked me how i met my husband and why we chose quebec and not the other provinces. He also asked about what i knew about the job market in quebec, if we were going to succeed in it because both our french wasnt so good, and I showed him some jobs that i found online and printed. I had researched for jobs for both my husband and myself and i printed my results. I was lucky to find jobs for both of us some needed french while others needed just beginers french.

Then he turned to english to ask for the originals of my documents: passport and my diploma. Then from this point he told me that I had passed and so for about 45mins, he did calculations of points or i dont know what on the computer. As he was doing it, he would come back to ask me for a document,like paystub and that was it. He printed the CSQ and i was out.

moee

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Congratz :) .. wish u best luck on next step of the immigration Amusa

last question..
During your interview.. was he clear and slow in speaking french with u or he was tryin to make it hard to test u ?

thanks..

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks moee,

At first he was quick with the conversation, and when he figured that my french wasnt good, he asked me about my french level, and I told him it was like advanced beginner. So he grabbed this big book,and asked me two questions from there; how i met my husband and what time i spoke to my husband. I answered and that was it with the interview in french.