+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Quebec Interview Call

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on my application. I got an interview call today for February 3 in New York. I am soooo nervous already,does anyone have any advice for me because my french is not so good.

I sent in my application end of october, for those that are wondering.
Amina

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Hi there,

What is your level of french ? i ll advise you try your best at speaking french in case the interviwer start, end or carry part of the interview in that language. no matter what ur level is , just trry to show the interviewer that willingness to improve. This is in case you at least have little french. That whay i'm saying try it at ur best. know stuff, among others, like ur intended occupation in quebec, where u will live, how would you go about finding the job and place to live, values of the quebec society like those in the DSC application form, know evertyhing on ur expereince, schooling, have originals of all documents they have asked, dont be nervous but prepare urself well. As they say, just do ur homework. If you need annything else, please let me know.

Did you aplly from the US ? What is ur traning and experience like ?

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
gud luck!!! I am thinking of applying soon from Malaysia... What is your area of training coz they have called you for interview very fast...

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Thank you for the advise...my french is basic i guess, i understand french,but the speaking is not so great, so I am REALLY working harder on it,ive been taking french classes to improve it and when i started the french courses they gave me a test that ranked me as in between a beginner and intermediate.
To answer your questions, I applied from the US, and I have a bachelors in biochemistry(among the on-demand jobs) and I have worked in that field for a year, then I will get my masters this May in environmental science and i have over a year of work experience in that.

Shazad,the interview call was quick because my bachelors is amongst the fast-track applications and also because the lady told me that someone had cancelled their interview so they wanted to fill up the spot.

digital

Jan 18, 2010
You are welcome Amina,

Did your AOR ( acknowlegment of receipt) stated up-front that your application will be given priority treatment or give an estimate as to when you would here back from the office ?

Thanks,

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you on my application. I got an interview call today for February 3 in New York. I am soooo nervous already,does anyone have any advice for me because my french is not so good.

I sent in my application end of october, for those that are wondering.
Amina
Hello,

Firstly, congrats to you. Secondly, as long as you can speak basic french you will be fine. When I applied for my CSQ I had no knowledge of french, but I was already working in canada and my profession was among the most sought after ones.

Dig through the threads and i can assure you you can find a threads with details on CSQ interview in Buffalo. The good news for you is the I vividly remember that for one of the applicant the interview was very short and was totally in english...for one applicant it was 45 mins with 50% in english and 50% in french.

Of course you are not expected to be fluent in french but they'd like to see that you are interested in learning french. Considering the fact that you already know basic french and that you can prove that you are taking french lessons...i'd say...don't worry..you will be fine.

Good luck! If you need any info abt the Montreal area or Quebec in general let me know. I'll be glad to find out if I do not have an answer.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
So I have a question, for the interview, they have asked me to come with original documents of everything. But I am a bit confused about one of the documents they asked for, they said i should bring for myself and my husband:

"Letters from employers, including your present job, indicating the particulars of the company, job title, hours of work (start date and end date), compensation, the name and position of signatory. Furthermore, for candidates currently at work: pay statements and notices of assessment of taxes in the country where you worked.

What I am confused is that I am the principal applicant, and I sent a copy of my reference letters and for my current job I included the paystubs when I sent the application. For my husband, I only sent a copy of the reference letter from his current employer. So are they asking for more documents from all of us or my husband needs the paystub and the rest of those things listed above?

Digital- No my AOR did not state anything about fast processing or when I would hear back from them. I guess the only sign was that I got the AOR about a week after they recieved and processed my application fees.

mtlguy- thank you, im really working on the french, i actually have questions about montreal,hope you can help me. On the application we put that we want to move to montreal, but we actually prefer a suburb of montreal, like a town that isnt too far from the city and is safe for families(future children), and also not too expensive. Do you happen to know places like that?

Thanks.

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Hey mtlguy,

I have another question, if I hope we get approved for CSQ, then what are the next steps, and what are the fees that we have to pay. I know there will be the police report and medical exams but I am confused about the other fees that will be paid to the canadian govt.

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Amina,

To my understanding, you should bring originals of all documents you previously sent with your DSC application. With regard to that statement on you and your husband, what i got from it is that you should bring all these documents from you and your husband as well. If you already provided them with your application and they are still asking for these, I think they are kind of asking you to bring the same stuff u already provided then( in original forms) plus whatever things ( paystubs, references,...) from you or your husband . The bottom line is bringing what they have asked for both of you. Please be advised that even though you are the principal applicant, your assesment is surely done as a couple because of your husband. Based on your situation, you are evaluated on the 63 passing mark for selection . While you might have reached that mark because of your prefered area of traning and so, the interview 's goal may be to check originals as well as others.

If you have any more question, i ll be glad to help.

Good luck for your interview.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amusa said:
Hey mtlguy,

I have another question, if I hope we get approved for CSQ, then what are the next steps, and what are the fees that we have to pay. I know there will be the police report and medical exams but I am confused about the other fees that will be paid to the canadian govt.
Amusa,

You will be filling out the federal application forms and be forwarding it to the Canadian Consulate in the country of your residence. You will have to pay 550$ application fees per person. You can make 1 Bank draft for 1100$. It is advisable to have your PCC's ready and send them along with your federal applications so that when you get your AOR you'll probably have a request for medicals. If you are residing in US or have resided in US for 6 months or more after the age of 18, then apply for your FBI PCC right away. As of today it is taking 12 weeks for processing of PCC through FBI.

Later on you will be paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF) which is $490 per applicant. Thats it as far as paying the govt for application fees etc. Medicals will cost between 300-600$ depends on which part of world you are in.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forgot to mention there are plenty of decent neighborhoods to choose from. I recommend living in the island of montreal initially and getting to know the people and the area. Once you have kids or would like to buy a house, you can move to one of the greater montreal areas and commute. The public transportation system here is gr888!!!

Which part of world are you in now?

amusa

Sep 9, 2009
Thanks alot...i live in the US now and ive lived here since i was 17, so i believe i will only need the pcc for the US because the longest i have stayed out of the country was 3 months. Now the only thing is my husband, he lived in saudi arabia from age 13-22yrs because of his dad working there, and i checked the immigration website on how to get the pcc for saudi arabia and this is what it says:

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you need a police certificate, your immigration processing office will give you a request letter. If you have any questions about this, please contact your immigration processing office.

If your application is being processed at the Canadian High Commission in London, you are not required to obtain a police certificate until the London visa office sends you a police certificate request letter with instructions on how to apply.

If you are applying at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, you should submit the police certificate with your application. You can contact the visa office at fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca Please include your immigration file number if you have one.

For applications being processed at any other office, e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

The police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, you must then apply for the police certificate in person at the relevant police headquarters.

The thing is my husband does not live there, therefore he is not a current resident. So, does that mean he doesnt have to get the pcc from saudi arabia?
I really hope not coz that will be sooo difficult.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
with respect to your earlier PM, this might be of interest to you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t29070.0.html

If you already heve'nt... get in touch with "Charmeuse". She recently got her csq from india and she might be a better person to provide you information regarding the csq interview.

Good luck!

sheena21

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
Hi amusa,

I am happy for you that you will have your interview 2 days from now. You can make it! Keep us posted!

All the Best! :D