16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
hashbash said:
Since your wife got 4 year multiple visa, does that mean she can stay there for 4 years full or have to come back every six months and wait six months ?
That's right - She can stay for 6 months at a time - I will apply for extension a month before the 6 months expire. Lets see how much extension they give.

I'm not sure about the 2nd part of your question though. I've heard other people say something about this waiting 6 months before coming back thing too. I'm not sure if that's really a rule. I can understand if you come back the next day or a week later, the border officer might grill you saying that you are "living" in canada and not visiting but I'm not sure if that waiting for 6 months is really a rule.

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
Dear Dotmatrix:

I sent my spouse sponsorship application through Canada post on Oct 27, 2013 and was delivered on Oct 29, 2013. Today on November 09, 2013 Saturday, I received an email confirming that they have received my file on Oct 29, 2013 and in the email they have also mentioned the UCI number and Application Number.

I am also considering to submit the TRV application, when is the best time I should submit the application and you could you please advice me what documents to include and how to mention the UCI number and Application.

What other correspondence I may expect....

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
mahmudp said:
Dear Dotmatrix:

I sent my spouse sponsorship application through Canada post on Oct 27, 2013 and was delivered on Oct 29, 2013. Today on November 09, 2013 Saturday, I received an email confirming that they have received my file on Oct 29, 2013 and in the email they have also mentioned the UCI number and Application Number.

I am also considering to submit the TRV application, when is the best time I should submit the application and you could you please advice me what documents to include and how to mention the UCI number and Application.

What other correspondence I may expect....
Was the letter just confirmation of receipt or did it say that you have met the requirements of eligibility as a sponsor and your application is forwarded to the visa office abroad for further processing. That's the first stage approval I ask because that was the first and only letter I've got so far regarding the PR application.

For TRV, I was told to wait till I got first stage approval. And I sent in TRV application a week after I got first stage approval.

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
well it is just the confirmation of receipt, let me share with you the content of the letter below, also let me know when can I expect the first stage approval???….. I am assuming the opened the package I submitted and they got my email address from one of the forms, so they must have started assessing my case….

the content of the email is as below:

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: F000xxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/10/29 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx (Name of Applicant)

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at CIC website

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit CIC website and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at CIC website

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
One more question:

Since i submitted all the original documents for my spouse with the sponsorship application. I have the notorized photocopies of the documents. I would prefer submitting the online application. so is it ok to submit the notorized scanned copies for trv application....