march19 2015 passed
Passport Req..
got visa on interview
VISA ISSUED...
in interview
LANDED..........
may 2015 inshaallah
dotmatrix said:
Just an update - Alhamdulillah, my wife received her 5 year multiple visit visa today.

The process was relatively quick than what many people report on here. I have seen people giving lists and lists of documents to support their application. I gave minimal documents. didn't show any property. Got a job letter made showing her 1 month old job. So, as I've always believed that it really depends on the mood of your visa officer.
What I believe might've strengthened the application - was that I signed and notarized my invitation letter. and i wrote an affidavit saying that she will not overstay her allowed visit and she will not claim any benefits meant for Canadian residents e.g. health. And I also bought visitor's insurance for her and attached a copy. And I made mention of it in my invitation letter and her cover letter. Passport was returned within 4 days. I am really glad Alhamdulillah.

All the best you all. Now the wait for the PR application to be processed begins which I filed in May

Here's the final timeline

ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMITTED: 27 JUNE 2013
MED REQUESTED: 18 JUL 2013 (I asked them to use med from PR app - they okayed it 25 Jul)
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUESTED: 29 JUL 2013
ORIGINAL PASSPORT SENT: 29 JUL 2013
ORIGINAL PASSPORT RECEIVED IN ISLAMABAD: 30 JUL 2013
PASSPORT RECEIVED WITH VISA: 2 AUG 2013
hi did u think i should e.mail chc islb for my case status.because it is 2months now with no news.

shahzadbahria

Aug 2, 2013
dotmatrix said:
Just an update - Alhamdulillah, my wife received her 5 year multiple visit visa today.

The process was relatively quick than what many people report on here. I have seen people giving lists and lists of documents to support their application. I gave minimal documents. didn't show any property. Got a job letter made showing her 1 month old job. So, as I've always believed that it really depends on the mood of your visa officer.
What I believe might've strengthened the application - was that I signed and notarized my invitation letter. and i wrote an affidavit saying that she will not overstay her allowed visit and she will not claim any benefits meant for Canadian residents e.g. health. And I also bought visitor's insurance for her and attached a copy. And I made mention of it in my invitation letter and her cover letter. Passport was returned within 4 days. I am really glad Alhamdulillah.

All the best you all. Now the wait for the PR application to be processed begins which I filed in May

Here's the final timeline

ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMITTED: 27 JUNE 2013
MED REQUESTED: 18 JUL 2013 (I asked them to use med from PR app - they okayed it 25 Jul)
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUESTED: 29 JUL 2013
ORIGINAL PASSPORT SENT: 29 JUL 2013
ORIGINAL PASSPORT RECEIVED IN ISLAMABAD: 30 JUL 2013
PASSPORT RECEIVED WITH VISA: 2 AUG 2013
Congrats dotmatix. Also pray for me.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
congratulations! Did they e-mail your spouse about the medical test or you get it from the tracker?

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
Congratulation :)

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
aalm said:
congratulations! Did they e-mail your spouse about the medical test or you get it from the tracker?
I applied myself thru myCIC so no tracker for me. It was via email

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
kasmusrob said:
hi did u think i should e.mail chc islb for my case status.because it is 2months now with no news.

The official time is 79 days. So odds are that they won't reply. There's no harm in emailing but waiting is the name of the game

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
dotmatrix said:
The official time is 79 days. So odds are that they won't reply. There's no harm in emailing but waiting is the name of the game
I need some help from you sir! I applied for a multiple trv online two days ago while my spousal immigration is in process! I'm so worried. Does the application go to the Canadian embassy n not to the Islamabad for processing? I got a confirmation message from the CIC that my application is received n also gave me the application #. Is that alright? What happens when they decide to give me the visa? Where do I send my passport for stamping? Please can you answer my questions! Ill be grateful thank you!
Also many congratulations for receiving ur spouse trv!

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
hladha said:
I need some help from you sir! I applied for a multiple trv online two days ago while my spousal immigration is in process! I'm so worried. Does the application go to the Canadian embassy n not to the Islamabad for processing? I got a confirmation message from the CIC that my application is received n also gave me the application #. Is that alright? What happens when they decide to give me the visa? Where do I send my passport for stamping? Please can you answer my questions! Ill be grateful thank you!
Also many congratulations for receiving ur spouse trv!
First of all, stop worrying. Stress won't get you anywhere. Just relax. The more you stress, the harder it will be to wait. Keep yourself busy in stuff other than the TRV.
To answer your question, you are worried after 2 days? when the official time is 79 days?
The application goes to where the applicant resides. If your spouse is in Pakistan, his/her application will go to islamabad.
You will get further instructions once application is processed. You send your passport to islamabad chc for stamping once they ask for it.

So...for now your work is done. Sit back and relax and don't think about it much since there is nothing to be done on your part.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
dukhi said:
@ dotmatrix

have you called the spouse here?? what questions do they ask for at POE?
Yes, She came yesterday. I actually had to go to Pakistan for my sister's wedding so my wife and I came back together.

The officer didn't ask anything. We went to the officer together. He first asked me couple of questions about my trip (purpose of trip etc) Then he asked my wife how long she plans on staying for - she said 90 days. he then asked me whether I'm sponsoring her to immigrate and I said yes the application is already in progress. And that was it. He said have a good day!

He didn't even ask for her return ticket or her employment back home or anything. I'm glad I didn't buy a return ticket for her. I called a travel agent and told him about my wife coming over. He said he'll make an itinerary for Toronto to Lahore a day before she comes to Canada. The booking is active in the system for a week or so in case the CBSA officer asks for the return ticket. But he didn't ask us anything.

From there we just collected our luggage and out we went. I love Canada. And I felt it even more because I was coming via Chicago and TSA pulled me aside to question me there. The questions were pretty basic but getting pulled aside sucks nonetheless. So coming home and getting welcomed felt good!

P.S: how about you? got the visa yet?

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
dukhi said:
so how much time did she gave for your spouse? 6 months? even though she said 90 days?
He didn't stamp anything on the passport so I'm assuming 6 months

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
dotmatrix said:
First of all, stop worrying. Stress won't get you anywhere. Just relax. The more you stress, the harder it will be to wait. Keep yourself busy in stuff other than the TRV.
To answer your question, you are worried after 2 days? when the official time is 79 days?
The application goes to where the applicant resides. If your spouse is in Pakistan, his/her application will go to islamabad.
You will get further instructions once application is processed. You send your passport to islamabad chc for stamping once they ask for it.

So...for now your work is done. Sit back and relax and don't think about it much since there is nothing to be done on your part.

I applied online on my own from PK! But thank you for help! You are right. Stress won't get me anywhere. I hope I get the visa soon. Please make dua.and have a great time while your wife is there! Many thanks sir!

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
One more thing. When I was uploading all my documents they said schedule 1 form is optional. Still I tried to upload it but that one form won't upload although i tried alot of times.it always said this service is not abailable we are working on it bla bla.The rest got uploaded even the optional explanation letter. So I submitted my application without it and attached my travel history individually. Do u think that could be a problem! I really hope it doesn't. I read in other threads it can be. I earnestly request everyone to make dua. Thank you all!