+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

...going from TRV (visitor visa) to Work Permit to PRV

Canuck2211

Mar 9, 2013
..my niece (20 years old) is arriving in Alberta from Laos at the end of March 2024.

She is on a TRV (visitor visa) and wishes to change her TRV status to Work Permit from within Canada.

The Canadian Government is currently allowing TRV (visitor visa) holders to apply for a work permit from within Canada up until February 25 , 2025.

The applicant must find an employer with an LMIA in order to apply for the Work Permit.

If she is able to find an employer with an LMIA and get a valid Work Permit how long does she have to work in order to apply for a PRV via the CEC ?

My understanding is that it is minimum one year full time - is that correct ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
..my niece (20 years old) is arriving in Alberta from Laos at the end of March 2024.

She is on a TRV (visitor visa) and wishes to change her TRV status to Work Permit from within Canada.

The Canadian Government is currently allowing TRV (visitor visa) holders to apply for a work permit from within Canada up until February 25 , 2025.

The applicant must find an employer with an LMIA in order to apply for the Work Permit.

If she is able to find an employer with an LMIA and get a valid Work Permit how long does she have to work in order to apply for a PRV via the CEC ?

She must find an employer with LMIA. To get a closed work permit, she shows that she has the experience to do the job with job letters/education. For CEC, she must be in a skilled job for at least one year, IELTS, ECA etc. Her score may not be high enough unless she at least has a degree and 3 years foreign skilled experience. Is she fluent?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

She needs one year of skilled work experience in Canada to qualify for CEC but whether she is actually selected for PR depends on how many points she has.