28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
Hi Everyone,

I know that lots of people struggle to get a police certificate from Saudi Arabia. There are no clear instructions on how to do it and the Saudi embassies are of no help. I recently went through the struggle of getting mine and thought to share the process to make it easier for everyone else who is looking for information on how to get one. Note that the process that I followed applies to my particular situation and may not apply to yours. So if your situation is similar to mine then this post may help you, otherwise I would continue searching the web for other help resources. I should also mention that the process may seem overwhelming at first: it sure is a bit of work to get the police certificate, but if you break it down into steps and finish them one by one then you will get there pretty quick. Even though I had to do tons of research and lots of back and forth I was still able to obtain my police certificate in one month! (this is a record time given the complications of dealing with Saudi authorities -;)).

My situation: I am a Lebanese citizen who lived in Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2007 then came to Canada for University when I was 20 years old. I never returned to Saudi Arabia since and currently have no legal status in that country. But I do have some relatives that still live there who helped me get the police certificate. The police certificate was specifically requested by CIC as part of the RPRF payment email for the purposes of my Permanent Residence application in Canada.

How to obtain the police certificate. With the help of your contact in Saudi Arabia:
  • Obtain a request letter from your country's embassy in Saudi Arabia. This request letter is required by the police department in Saudi Arabia to provide the police certificate.
  • Take your fingerprints in Canada and send them to your contact along with 2 passport size photos.
  • Take the request letter, fingerprints, and photos to the local police department in Saudi Arabia (Criminal Investigation Unit/Adela Jena2ya). They will stamp the fingerprints with "No Criminal Record" stamp and return it back. THIS IS the police certificate (or criminal record if you prefer). You will not get (or need) any other document. They only stamp the fingerprints and this is all you need. Note that every country has a different format.
  • Optionally authenticate the stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. I don't know if this is a required step by CIC but no harm in doing it if you can.

To obtain the request letter from your embassy in Saudi Arabia:
  • You will need a copy of your (old) iqama and a copy of your passport. The requirements may vary per embassy so call your embassy to get the exact details.
  • Ask your contact to take these documents to your embassy and obtain the request letter. The embassy should know what the letter is.
  • After obtaining the request letter it must be authenticated from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. Otherwise the local police department will not accept it. So ask your contact there to authenticate the letter from the Ministry of Foreign affairs (tip: it will be a lot easier if they take a Saudi national with them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, otherwise they may not be able to authenticate).

To obtain your fingerprints in Canada:
  • Call your local police department in Canada and schedule an appointment to take your fingerprints for the purposes of Permanent Residence. You will need a printed copy of the fingerprints, not digital.
  • After taking the fingerprints they must be notarized. Take the fingerprints to a local notary. On the back you have to write and sign "I, <Your Name>, hereby certify that this is an original document issued by the <Name of Local Police Department>". The signature should be done in front of the notary public. They will notarize your signature.
  • Authenticate the fingerprints from the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa. Instructions: www.international.gc.ca/about-a_propos/authentication-authentification_documents.aspx?lang=eng#Criminal_record_checks
  • Authenticate the fingerprints from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa. Instructions: www.embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/canada/EN/ConsulateSection/Certifications/Pages/Legalization-of-other-documents.aspx.
  • Note that in order for the Saudi Police department to accept your fingerprints taken in Canada the fingerprints must be authenticated by the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Canada. The embassy requires that you first notarize the fingerprints then authenticate them from the Department of Foreign Affairs (thus the lengthy process). You can find this information on the Embassy of Saudi Arabia website using the link provided above.

How I obtained my police certificate in detail:
After CIC requested the police certificate, I sent my uncle, who lives in Riyadh, a scan copy of my (old) Iqama and passport. My uncle took these documents to the Lebanese embassy in Riyadh (my country of origin's embassy) and explained to them that I need to obtain a police certificate for the purposes of my PR application in Canada. Without hesitance, the embassy gave him an official request letter and asked him to take the letter to the Criminal Investigation Unit in Riyadh (Adela Jena2eya) after certifying the letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But before he could go to the Criminal Investigation Unit I should send him my fingerprints. To obtain these, I went to the local police department in my city who took my fingerprints and gave me an official fingerprints document. I notarized the document from a notary public then sent them to my friend who lives in Ottawa. My good friend authenticated the fingerprints at the Department of Foreign Affairs then dropped them off to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa. After the embassy mailed me back the authenticated documents I took photos and sent all the documents to my uncle in Riyadh with a good friend who happened to be flying there that week. Once my uncle received the documents he stamped the fingerprints with "No Criminal Record" from the criminal investigation unit then authenticated from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and mailed them back to me. The whole process took about one month.

That's it people! I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

FAW Canada

Jul 5, 2013
akcec said:
Hi Everyone,

I know that lots of people struggle to get a police certificate from Saudi Arabia. There are no clear instructions on how to do it and the Saudi embassies are of no help. I recently went through the struggle of getting mine and thought to share the process to make it easier for everyone else who is looking for information on how to get one. Note that the process that I followed applies to my particular situation and may not apply to yours. So if your situation is similar to mine then this post may help you, otherwise I would continue searching the web for other help resources. I should also mention that the process may seem overwhelming at first: it sure is a bit of work to get the police certificate, but if you break it down into steps and finish them one by one then you will get there pretty quick. Even though I had to do tons of research and lots of back and forth I was still able to obtain my police certificate in one month! (this is a record time given the complications of dealing with Saudi authorities -;)).

My situation: I am a Lebanese citizen who lived in Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2007 then came to Canada for University when I was 20 years old. I never returned to Saudi Arabia since and currently have no legal status in that country. But I do have some relatives that still live there who helped me get the police certificate. The police certificate was specifically requested by CIC as part of the RPRF payment email for the purposes of my Permanent Residence application in Canada.

How to obtain the police certificate. With the help of your contact in Saudi Arabia:
  • Obtain a request letter from your country's embassy in Saudi Arabia. This request letter is required by the police department in Saudi Arabia to provide the police certificate.
  • Take your fingerprints in Canada and send them to your contact along with 2 passport size photos.
  • Take the request letter, fingerprints, and photos to the local police department in Saudi Arabia (Criminal Investigation Unit/Adela Jena2ya). They will stamp the fingerprints with "No Criminal Record" stamp and return it back. THIS IS the police certificate (or criminal record if you prefer). You will not get (or need) any other document. They only stamp the fingerprints and this is all you need. Note that every country has a different format.
  • Optionally authenticate the stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. I don't know if this is a required step by CIC but no harm in doing it if you can.

To obtain the request letter from your embassy in Saudi Arabia:
  • You will need a copy of your (old) iqama and a copy of your passport. The requirements may vary per embassy so call your embassy to get the exact details.
  • Ask your contact to take these documents to your embassy and obtain the request letter. The embassy should know what the letter is.
  • After obtaining the request letter it must be authenticated from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. Otherwise the local police department will not accept it. So ask your contact there to authenticate the letter from the Ministry of Foreign affairs (tip: it will be a lot easier if they take a Saudi national with them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, otherwise they may not be able to authenticate).

To obtain your fingerprints in Canada:
  • Call your local police department in Canada and schedule an appointment to take your fingerprints for the purposes of Permanent Residence. You will need a printed copy of the fingerprints, not digital.
  • After taking the fingerprints they must be notarized. Take the fingerprints to a local notary. On the back you have to write and sign "I, <Your Name>, hereby certify that this is an original document issued by the <Name of Local Police Department>". The signature should be done in front of the notary public. They will notarize your signature.
  • Authenticate the fingerprints from the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa. Instructions: www.international.gc.ca/about-a_propos/authentication-authentification_documents.aspx?lang=eng#Criminal_record_checks
  • Authenticate the fingerprints from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa. Instructions: www.embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/canada/EN/ConsulateSection/Certifications/Pages/Legalization-of-other-documents.aspx.
  • Note that in order for the Saudi Police department to accept your fingerprints taken in Canada the fingerprints must be authenticated by the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Canada. The embassy requires that you first notarize the fingerprints then authenticate them from the Department of Foreign Affairs (thus the lengthy process). You can find this information on the Embassy of Saudi Arabia website using the link provided above.

How I obtained my police certificate in detail:
After CIC requested the police certificate, I sent my uncle, who lives in Riyadh, a scan copy of my (old) Iqama and passport. My uncle took these documents to the Lebanese embassy in Riyadh (my country of origin's embassy) and explained to them that I need to obtain a police certificate for the purposes of my PR application in Canada. Without hesitance, the embassy gave him an official request letter and asked him to take the letter to the Criminal Investigation Unit in Riyadh (Adela Jena2eya) after certifying the letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But before he could go to the Criminal Investigation Unit I should send him my fingerprints. To obtain these, I went to the local police department in my city who took my fingerprints and gave me an official fingerprints document. I notarized the document from a notary public then sent them to my friend who lives in Ottawa. My good friend authenticated the fingerprints at the Department of Foreign Affairs then dropped them off to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Ottawa. After the embassy mailed me back the authenticated documents I took photos and sent all the documents to my uncle in Riyadh with a good friend who happened to be flying there that week. Once my uncle received the documents he stamped the fingerprints with "No Criminal Record" from the criminal investigation unit then authenticated from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and mailed them back to me. The whole process took about one month.

That's it people! I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Dear Brother,
Many thanks for your advice. It is much appreciated. I am from Pakistan and left Riyadh in Oct 2005 after working there for an year and a half. I applied under the FSWC and my application is now expected to reach the visa office any time as it has been issued the positive evaluation report by the CIC in Canada. I will be required to submit my Saudi PCC anytime now, hence the urgency of getting it done.
Please let me know:
1.How to get the letter stamped from the Saudi foreign office. I don’t have any Saudi contacts and this looks like a daunting task.
2.I am currently in Bahrain and have already got the finger prints card from the Criminal record Office in Bahrain at the time of having my PCC from Bahrain issued. I believe that it is this finger prints card that the Saudi police department will stamp. Please confirm.
3.I heard that for applicants who have left Saudi, Saudi authorities do not issue a police certificate but a “no derogatory record report’. I have seen some Filipino candidates mentioning that on some Canadavisa blogs. Is that correct or has the procedure changed.

Finally I will appreciate if you can send be your email address / contact details so that I can contact you on a more frequent basis for guidance as I proceed with the Saudi PCC process. Your cooperation will be much appreciated.

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
FAW Canada said:
Dear Brother,
Many thanks for your advice. It is much appreciated. I am from Pakistan and left Riyadh in Oct 2005 after working there for an year and a half. I applied under the FSWC and my application is now expected to reach the visa office any time as it has been issued the positive evaluation report by the CIC in Canada. I will be required to submit my Saudi PCC anytime now, hence the urgency of getting it done.
Please let me know:
1.How to get the letter stamped from the Saudi foreign office. I don't have any Saudi contacts and this looks like a daunting task.
2.I am currently in Bahrain and have already got the finger prints card from the Criminal record Office in Bahrain at the time of having my PCC from Bahrain issued. I believe that it is this finger prints card that the Saudi police department will stamp. Please confirm.
3.I heard that for applicants who have left Saudi, Saudi authorities do not issue a police certificate but a “no derogatory record report'. I have seen some Filipino candidates mentioning that on some Canadavisa blogs. Is that correct or has the procedure changed.

Finally I will appreciate if you can send be your email address / contact details so that I can contact you on a more frequent basis for guidance as I proceed with the Saudi PCC process. Your cooperation will be much appreciated.
FAW Canada,

I am not sure I have the answer to all your questions but I'll try my best to help:

• 1. There are a couple of options to consider. First, I would ask your contact in Saudi Arabia to try to stamp the letter from the ministry anyways. No harm in giving that a shot as he might be successful. In my case the ministry did not accept my uncle to certify it and requested that a Saudi person does it so my uncle asked one of his Saudi friends to do it for him. Second, try asking your embassy in Saudi Arabia to certify the letter for you. And third, I know that in Saudi Arabia there are tons of legal services offices that can help with these kind of issues, try talking to one of them.
  • 2. Yep. What they need is a card that has your 10 fingerprints. As long as what you have has your fingerprints and is certified by the embassy of Saudi Arabia in Bahrain they should accept it.
  • 3. What they did for me is stamp the fingerprints card with an official stamp saying "No Criminal Record" both in Arabic and English. The lawyer said this is all I need. What I understood from my uncle is that even if you were still a resident of Saudi Arabia and were to get the criminal record in person they would give you exactly the same document except that they would take your fingerprints on the spot. So I am not sure about the old vs new process or document format, but at least I can confirm that as a past resident I was still able to obtain a police document that meets the requirements of the Canadian authorities using the described process.

I hope this helps. You can PM me if you have other questions but let's try to post as many questions/answers directly to this thread so that everyone benefits. Good luck!

b0465682

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/11/2013
File Transfer...
08/11/2013
Med's Request
02/08/2014
Med's Done....
02/20/2014
Passport Req..
4/28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/05/2014
LANDED..........
1/06/2014
The above is true if you have a relative in Saudi. But if you don't then what is the most convenient way to obtain this?

We wrote to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi to get more information on this. This is the reply we got.

"Based on the information you have provided, since your spouse is no longer a resident in Saudi Arabia, she will need to obtain an application form from the website of the local Saudi Embassy where she is currently residing and get fingerprints taken at the local police authority. She will then give the completed forms to her own embassy (Embassy of her nationality e.g. if she is a Sri-Lankan national, then it is the Sri-Lankan Embassy that is responsible) to transmit to their counterpart Embassy in Riyadh.

Her Embassy in Riyadh then approaches the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saudi Arabia and the Saudi Arabian Interior Ministry on her behalf in order to get the police certificate.

Once processing is completed, the results are returned to her Embassy to return back to her."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for us, there is no Saudi embassy website or we cannot find this document to fill. ON other threads we also realized that Saudi authorities will ask a letter from Canadian immigration to initiate the process. So we are highly confused how to obtain this.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

PS: My wife resides in Abu Dhabi and we will be applying through there.

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
b0465682 said:
The above is true if you have a relative in Saudi. But if you don't then what is the most convenient way to obtain this?

We wrote to the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi to get more information on this. This is the reply we got.

"Based on the information you have provided, since your spouse is no longer a resident in Saudi Arabia, she will need to obtain an application form from the website of the local Saudi Embassy where she is currently residing and get fingerprints taken at the local police authority. She will then give the completed forms to her own embassy (Embassy of her nationality e.g. if she is a Sri-Lankan national, then it is the Sri-Lankan Embassy that is responsible) to transmit to their counterpart Embassy in Riyadh.

Her Embassy in Riyadh then approaches the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Saudi Arabia and the Saudi Arabian Interior Ministry on her behalf in order to get the police certificate.

Once processing is completed, the results are returned to her Embassy to return back to her."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for us, there is no Saudi embassy website or we cannot find this document to fill. ON other threads we also realized that Saudi authorities will ask a letter from Canadian immigration to initiate the process. So we are highly confused how to obtain this.

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

PS: My wife resides in Abu Dhabi and we will be applying through there.
Hi,

The Saudi Police requires only three documents: a letter from your embassy in Saudi Arabia asking for the police certificate, your fingerprints (+ attached photos), and a copy of your old Iqama. In my case no other application forms or letters were requested. Your case should be similar to mine except that your representative in Saudi Arabia would be your embassy instead of a relative. I believe that you should be able to submit your fingerprints and copy of your old iqama to your embassy and they should issue the letter and help you with getting the police certificate. If you have not contacted your embassy in Saudi Arabia I would definitely do that as a first step. They should help.

Good luck.

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Hello brother,

The information that you provided regarding getting PCC from Saudia was very helpful. I have a quick question regarding this issue. I actually still have Saudi resident visa. I will be visiting Saudia very soon. What I was wondering that I can just go in person to Criminal Investigation Unit and and give my fingerprints there right? I just have to bring the request letter from my country's embassy in Saudia and have it stamped from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I will highly appreciate your help on this. Thanks a lot !

akcec

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Interview........
23-02-2016
waqas11 said:
Hello brother,

The information that you provided regarding getting PCC from Saudia was very helpful. I have a quick question regarding this issue. I actually still have Saudi resident visa. I will be visiting Saudia very soon. What I was wondering that I can just go in person to Criminal Investigation Unit and and give my fingerprints there right? I just have to bring the request letter from my country's embassy in Saudia and have it stamped from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

I will highly appreciate your help on this. Thanks a lot !
Exactly. The only reason I had to send my fingerprints from Canada was because I couldn't be present in Saudi Arabia. If you are in the country you can just go to the Criminal Investigation Unit, they will take your fingerprints.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and if you learn something new about this process please share it on the forum.

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Thanks a lot for your reply bro.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Looks like it is very difficult to get Saudi pcc from Canada?

fox_moe

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
Nomination.....
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
02-12-2014
Yeah , i just got a request for police certificate from Saudi . I am freaking out. I do not have any contacts in saudi, I left in 2003 (just 7 months after my 18th birthday).

I am thinking of asking CIC for an exemption because it very very difficult to get PCC from saudi , esp if one is not there or without anyone to help. My consulate, which is Bangladesh is not of much help. and Saudi Embassy in Ottawa simply said, we don't do with that anymore. bye.

has anyone heard of CIC giving exemptions for cases of PCC from saudi ?

and any info on how to obtain this PCC would also be helpful., thanks

rack1809

Mar 14, 2014
Hi Akec,

This is one of the BEST explanations i have seen so far...This really should help others

I currently live in Edmonton and My PR file is under process.. I'd like to discuss & have some more information with regards to my case..may i request for your email id or contact.. you can reply me rakesh_atharva@yahoo.com, Thanks so much !!!

Regards Rakesh

JohnJ

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18- june- 2013
Med's Done....
4-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
20- August- 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 21-Feb-2014.. Mother Mary , give us a miracle
fox_moe said:
Yeah , i just got a request for police certificate from Saudi . I am freaking out. I do not have any contacts in saudi, I left in 2003 (just 7 months after my 18th birthday).

I am thinking of asking CIC for an exemption because it very very difficult to get PCC from saudi , esp if one is not there or without anyone to help. My consulate, which is Bangladesh is not of much help. and Saudi Embassy in Ottawa simply said, we don't do with that anymore. bye.

has anyone heard of CIC giving exemptions for cases of PCC from saudi ?

and any info on how to obtain this PCC would also be helpful., thanks

did u get any info on the PCC? i am also same as you . Only 6- 7 months after 18th birthday . no relatives or friends in Saudi. did you get an exception from CIC?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
One of my friend got Saudi PCC thro' Ottawa agent:

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
ttrajan said:
One of my friend got Saudi PCC thro' Ottawa agent:

Hi. How long did you get your police clearance?