+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
No Bro
They never ask you about anything
Cos they don’t have Our any information
What we did
And one of my frd had same thing but he got PR from refugees status and Spousal Sponsorship also but he Choose Spousal One
So after he come Here
At airport Immigration asked few Questions
Interesting, Glad it worked for you bro. Me personally I would just wait bit longer until citizenship! Did you go back recently?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Passport history, information sharing contracts. Same with US - They used status change ( refugee ) to revoke previously granted US visa! even though PR was granted this year through spousal sponsership!
they dont have access to that database,

Love08

Oct 22, 2023
Interesting, Glad it worked for you bro. Me personally I would just wait bit longer until citizenship! Did you go back recently?
Not yet
I m waiting For My Home Country Passport
So after I Go
When i got it then i plan to go

inaya.i

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Hi I am in the same situation. If you get any update please let me know. Normally they returned it at the landing interview but with online process I have no idea what to do. I am thinking of using the return of siezed documents form. (although it says the application should be made within 60 days of document siezure.) Dont pay attention to people like Naturgrl. The internet is filled with thousands of people who have no idea what they are talking about, havnt gone through the process you are going through, but cant keep their mouth shut and not give misinformation or opinions. Just dont pay attention.
That's not very nice of you. You shouldnt talk about someone that way. Everyone has different experences and everyone's sharing their own personal experiences to help others. If you can't control your language maybe you can get out of this forum. We don't need negative energy here. Thanks.

Reactions: Simba112

inaya.i

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Yes bro, you are right. Now it is supposed they will send it with along the PR card. If I know something I will let you know.
There are a lot of people like Naturgl in this forum, they misinform people. Maybe they are jealous because it doesn’t make sense to write something as he did. Anyways, that’s why there are more sources and good people that can inform well.
Nobody is jealous of you bro chill out. Most of us are in the same boat as you, youre not a superior. Naturgrl was just telling you about their own experience or knowledge. No need to be a loser hater. If you cant deal with other's answers then get lost from here weirdo

CWONG

Nov 7, 2023
Do you still have the BSF698 "Notice of Seizure of (a) Travel and/or Identity Documents" that was provided when the seizure occured? If so, you should complete the form (as mentioned above) and mail the form to the address noted in the notice.
Hi Steaky and everyone, if the officer didn't put in the address in the form BSF698, do you know where I should send this form to? Or who/which department I can contact to get the information? My passport was seized at the immigration office in Toronto Pearson Airport. I called them but they asked me to call to the telephone number as stated on the BSF698 but it never went through to any agent.
My second question is that the form said the request to get the thing back should be made within 60 days. Do you know what will happen if I make the request aftre 60 days?
Many thanks if anyone can share what you know. Thanks again!

Anna21104

Nov 16, 2023
Hello everyone, my refugee claimaint was denied but I got my permanent residence under family class. I got my ecopr on July 7, 2023 ..... took my ecopr letter to CBSA airport road and told them I need my passport to be returned to me. They put my information in the system and told me to have a seat ......shortly after I was seen by a officer who only asked me for my photo ID and to to sign a document stating that my document is being returned to me and just like that I got my passport and my daughter passport with no problem..... GOD IS SO GOOD
how did u get PR while you claimed refugee? can you please elaborate - i am trying to get info for someone close to me.

veida

Dec 13, 2023
Hi everyone,
I just got PR card. And I want to take my country passport back.I live in Vancouver, but my application has been processed in Montreal. Today, I called IRCC in Vancouver, and a lady told me I must send a written request to IRCC in Montreal, then mail the letter to them.
There is 2 Address:
Montréal
1025 St-Jacques Street
Montréal, Quebec H3C 1G8
Montréal
Montréal Innovation Hub
Guy-Favreau Complex
200 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
Room 010
Montréal, Quebec H2Z 1X4

I don't know , which one I have to send the letter.
If anyone know , please let me know
Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone,
I just got PR card. And I want to take my country passport back.I live in Vancouver, but my application has been processed in Montreal. Today, I called IRCC in Vancouver, and a lady told me I must send a written request to IRCC in Montreal, then mail the letter to them.
There is 2 Address:
Montréal
1025 St-Jacques Street
Montréal, Quebec H3C 1G8
Montréal
Montréal Innovation Hub
Guy-Favreau Complex
200 René-Lévesque Boulevard West
Room 010
Montréal, Quebec H2Z 1X4

I don't know , which one I have to send the letter.
If anyone know , please let me know
Thanks
Better off keep it there until you become Canadian Citizen

Reactions: Mancini

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello guys
Can I travel with my home country passport to the third country?(not my home country)
Ircc can seize your PR status based on three grounds if you're a Protected person.
1- If you travel your home country
2- If you Use your home country passport
3- If you Renew your home country passport.

Better don't take risk and use a Travel Document.

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
Hello guys
Can I travel with my home country passport to the third country?(not my home country)
If you receive your PR as a protected person, I would say don't use (travel or renew) your home country passport until you become a Canadian citizen. It will complex your citizenship application.

Reactions: NaAzaAn