+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Hi Can you please be more specific about the process, I know that last year they ETOBICOKE office was requesting to send a letter by Canada post and then they will send you a letter of appointment when and where to come pick up your passport. I finally got my CoPR and my passport was seized at Etobicoke location. Should I still send a letter? can you please help me understand the steps as it might changed from last year? Thanks for the help

Dear All Experts

I am really thank you all for making our ( all users ) life easier by making all wonderful threads of Information on different topics

I got my Passport back ( as My Passport was submitted to Etobicoke IRCC office while filing the claim )

my Time Line as follows

July 12, 2023 - around 12 Noon - Started reading Thread on Get Passport Back Spent 20-25 Min and got the essence what to do

July 12, 2023 - 2:00 pm - Reached CBCA 6900, Airport Rd, Mississauga, On , L4V 1E8 ( Gate No 93 )

July 12, 2023 - 2.35 pm - Received my Home County Passport ( in just 35 min )

Following Points may help you to get your Passport Back
( No Prior Appointment by me, No written Application by Me, No Email communication by me )
- No Question Asked by CBSA officer
- 2 Pieces of ID ( PR Card and Drivers License )
- CBSA officer taken my Signature on pre printed application BSF699

Love08

Oct 22, 2023
Hi
I applied assylem but i got my PR behalf of my spouse and i didn’t get any hairing or anything
And I Applied my passport back request

So my question is
Shall i visit to go to my back country with my country passport

Zulubia

Oct 1, 2020
Hi
I applied assylem but i got my PR behalf of my spouse and i didn’t get any hairing or anything
And I Applied my passport back request

So my question is
Shall i visit to go to my back country with my country passport
Check your COPR. Under "Application Details" it should mention the category under which you received your PR. If it says "CR8", that means you received your PR based on your refugee status in Canada and you should not go back to your home country.

Love08

Oct 22, 2023
yeah I Understand
But I didn’t get PR under Refugee Status
I got PR under Spousal
and In CoPR there Is no A mentioned anything
And its not “CR8” Category

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
yeah I Understand
But I didn’t get PR under Refugee Status
I got PR under Spousal
and In CoPR there Is no A mentioned anything
And its not “CR8” Category
I have the exact same case, My lawyer said you can go back however beware that your country ( specially India ) when you land they may ask you questions about your reasoning why you applied for refugee ( even if you didnt get PR through refugee) and what makes you think you are safe now, cause they can see your passport details and history.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have the exact same case, My lawyer said you can go back however beware that your country ( specially India ) when you land they may ask you questions about your reasoning why you applied for refugee ( even if you didnt get PR through refugee) and what makes you think you are safe now, cause they can see your passport details and history.
How will India know you claimed asylum since PR Category is not CR8?

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
Can you tell me the exact location of where you went and at which counter did you speak?
My passport was in Montreal too and I am in vancouver. I sent as email to 2MNPCU74G@cra-arc.gc.ca with following format and within 7 days they shipped it to vancouver office, I got a call from them fro pick up I went next day with driver's license and COPR and got it back in two minutes, no questions asked.

Hoping this can help others! :)

Subject - UCI number - Application for return of seized document

Body -
Name: LAST NAME , First and Middle name
UCI number: uci number
Current Status: Permanent Resident

Contact/cellphone: XXX-xxx-xxxx
Email: your email address
Physical Address: current address

REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORT
I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport which was seized on XX-XX-XXXX when I applied for refugee.
Reason for requesting my seized passport back is that I have been granted permanent resident status effective Month 1st 2023 under spousal application.

PASSPORT DETAILS:
Name on Passport - last name, First and middle name ( if applicable )
Passport of (Your country which issued your passport)
Passport No. XXXXXXXX
UCI -XXXXXXXX

Best regards
Your name

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My passport was in Montreal too and I am in vancouver. I sent as email to 2MNPCU74G@cra-arc.gc.ca with following format and within 7 days they shipped it to vancouver office, I got a call from them fro pick up I went next day with driver's license and COPR and got it back in two minutes, no questions asked.

Hoping this can help others! :)

Subject - UCI number - Application for return of seized document

Body -
Name: LAST NAME , First and Middle name
UCI number: uci number
Current Status: Permanent Resident

Contact/cellphone: XXX-xxx-xxxx
Email: your email address
Physical Address: current address

REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORT
I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport which was seized on XX-XX-XXXX when I applied for refugee.
Reason for requesting my seized passport back is that I have been granted permanent resident status effective Month 1st 2023 under spousal application.

PASSPORT DETAILS:
Name on Passport - last name, First and middle name ( if applicable )
Passport of (Your country which issued your passport)
Passport No. XXXXXXXX
UCI -XXXXXXXX

Best regards
Your name
Email looks like belonging to CRA

2MNPCU74G@cra-arc.gc.ca

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
How will India know you claimed asylum since PR Category is not CR8?
Passport history, information sharing contracts. Same with US - They used status change ( refugee ) to revoke previously granted US visa! even though PR was granted this year through spousal sponsership!

Love08

Oct 22, 2023
Passport history, information sharing contracts. Same with US - They used status change ( refugee ) to revoke previously granted US visa! even though PR was granted this year through spousal sponsership!
No Bro
They never ask you about anything
Cos they don’t have Our any information
What we did
And one of my frd had same thing but he got PR from refugees status and Spousal Sponsorship also but he Choose Spousal One
So after he come Here
At airport Immigration asked few Questions

Reactions: Manj96