+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General Physician received NOI from OINP but wrong ECA

ammar11222

Oct 3, 2023
Can someone please help me with an important issue concerning OINP? My NOC occupation is General Physician and I have received an NOI from OINP in the HCP draw that was conducted on May 8th, 2023 but I have just realized that I have gotten the ECA done from the wrong body. I got ECA done from WES instead of MCC. I’ve immediately applied for an equivalence by MCC but it may take time for them to get the equivalence to me. I have about 38 days left to respond to the NOI. I will wait until the last day to see if MCC can send me the equivalence but if it takes longer can I go ahead and submit my application with the ECA from WES? and hope that if they raise any objections I will have the equivalence from MCC by that point in time. Can I also mention all of this in the LOE while submitting the application and attach relevant documentation so that they know that i’ve genuinely applied for ECA from MCC?
Dear what happened to your case ? Did your application approved or not ?

shukhan

May 15, 2023
Dear what happened to your case ? Did your application approved or not ?
Yes, I got approved by OINP and have received an ITA based on PNP. MCC has still not issued an equivalence. I’m currently gathering paperwork to apply for Permanent Residence.

ammar11222

Oct 3, 2023
Yes, I got approved by OINP and have received an ITA based on PNP. MCC has still not issued an equivalence. I’m currently gathering paperwork to apply for Permanent Residence.
I'm also on the same boat. I got an ITA on 26th and now I realised I need ECA from MCC not from WES. What should I do ? I have already started the process of MCC but they'll take time for sure. Should I go ahead with the application and write an LOE or should I plainly don't apply at all.

shukhan

May 15, 2023
I'm also on the same boat. I got an ITA on 26th and now I realised I need ECA from MCC not from WES. What should I do ? I have already started the process of MCC but they'll take time for sure. Should I go ahead with the application and write an LOE or should I plainly don't apply at all.
Did you receive ITA or NOI?

shukhan

May 15, 2023
Sorry I got NOI.
Haha, yeah there’s a huge difference between the two. Because had you received an ITA then it would’ve been a tricky situation because IRCC is not as lenient as OINP. I’m nervous about my own situation cause it’s already been 4 months since I applied for ECA from MCC and they have yet to issue it to me. The entire MCC process is confusing too so if you need help with that let me know. For now, it’s best to write an LOE explaining that you were misinformed regarding the correct ECA for your NOC and have made efforts to apply for the correct ECA (attach paid receipts from MCC indicating it, I also attached a letter from them that they had received my documents for SVR) but because of the wait times at MCC and the risk of not being able to respond to the NOI you wish to submit the ECA from WES (attach the ECA from WES). They will understand your circumstances.

ammar11222

Oct 3, 2023
Haha, yeah there’s a huge difference between the two. Because had you received an ITA then it would’ve been a tricky situation because IRCC is not as lenient as OINP. I’m nervous about my own situation cause it’s already been 4 months since I applied for ECA from MCC and they have yet to issue it to me. The entire MCC process is confusing too so if you need help with that let me know. For now, it’s best to write an LOE explaining that you were misinformed regarding the correct ECA for your NOC and have made efforts to apply for the correct ECA (attach paid receipts from MCC indicating it, I also attached a letter from them that they had received my documents for SVR) but because of the wait times at MCC and the risk of not being able to respond to the NOI you wish to submit the ECA from WES (attach the ECA from WES). They will understand your circumstances.
Thanks, I'll be definitely needing help. I registered myself on MCC yesterday, arranged the CIC form, passport and Degree attested from notary public as required and will upload the same to proceed with Source Verification. So you're saying once I reach the stage where I have paid the fees for ECA and I have documented proof of that, then i should write an LOE and submit the documents. Since I received and NOI on 26th I guess I do have some days left too.

shukhan

May 15, 2023
Thanks, I'll be definitely needing help. I registered myself on MCC yesterday, arranged the CIC form, passport and Degree attested from notary public as required and will upload the same to proceed with Source Verification. So you're saying once I reach the stage where I have paid the fees for ECA and I have documented proof of that, then i should write an LOE and submit the documents. Since I received and NOI on 26th I guess I do have some days left too.
Absolutely. Also, make sure to sign and attach an attested copy of the Passport bearer’s page. My ECA has been delayed because of it. They don’t mention it as a requirement on their website but will send you a message if it’s missing and it will delay the process.

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
Absolutely. Also, make sure to sign and attach an attested copy of the Passport bearer’s page. My ECA has been delayed because of it. They don’t mention it as a requirement on their website but will send you a message if it’s missing and it will delay the process.
HI Shukhan, Exactly same things happened with me. I didn't attached Passport signature page and after 3 months MCC asked for it. My ECA is still in progress and SVR has not been done so far. It's been 4 months now, I got ITA now and I am planning to submit my application with WES and MCC receipts and will explain everything in LOE. This is the best I can do for now.

shukhan

May 15, 2023
HI Shukhan, Exactly same things happened with me. I didn't attached Passport signature page and after 3 months MCC asked for it. My ECA is still in progress and SVR has not been done so far. It's been 4 months now, I got ITA now and I am planning to submit my application with WES and MCC receipts and will explain everything in LOE. This is the best I can do for now.
We’re exactly in the same boat man. I applied for SVR on 15th of May 2023 and submitted the passport bearer’s page on August 11th after receiving the request in my Physicians Apply account. No SVR in sight yet.

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
We’re exactly in the same boat man. I applied for SVR on 15th of May 2023 and submitted the passport bearer’s page on August 11th after receiving the request in my Physicians Apply account. No SVR in sight yet.
Did you get ITA? if yes are you going to upload WES with MCC receipts?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Same thing happened to my wife. After three months of crappy emails saying "we've received your documents", "your documents are being reviewed", "your documents have been uploaded", etc., she finally got the email saying that her passport certified copy was missing (although it wasn't listed as a requirement). So she did it, submitted everything again and the process started as a new one, getting the same stupid emails every 2-3 weeks.

A friend of hers went through the same process and got her ECA after three months. She did submit the passport certified copy the first time. So I guess that if you resubmit your documents, it's another 3 months waiting (6 months in total).

absam321

Jun 15, 2023
Hello Guys,

I got ITA last month but still my ECA is not verified by MCC and it is in process for 4.5 months. Should I wait for ECA from MCC or submit with WES report? I'm thinking to attach MCC receipts and explained in LOE. OINP approved my case with WES report.

My NOC code is 31102 General Physician.

Any suggestion

Thanks

@andrews17 @shukhan