+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
I requested mine on Dec 8, largely because I am curious too, and there was a clerical error in my PR card renewal about 8 years ago and I was curious to see if it was still in my file.

I am still waiting to get the info though... now more than 2 weeks past the service delivery standard.

Good information... thanks for sharing.

-A.
Yea... mine took almost 7 weeks...

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I requested mine on Dec 8, largely because I am curious too, and there was a clerical error in my PR card renewal about 8 years ago and I was curious to see if it was still in my file.

I am still waiting to get the info though... now more than 2 weeks past the service delivery standard.

Good information... thanks for sharing.

-A.
You should get notes in 30 days. If its more than 2 weeks after 30 days you should contact them with tracking number in your email you got when you applied..

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
You should get notes in 30 days. If its more than 2 weeks after 30 days you should contact them with tracking number in your email you got when you applied..
I'll give it another week or so... I've waited this long, and they seem busy. Plus, it's not urgent or anything... still haven't gotten the test invite.

-A.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Application received at Sydney office. 23 May 2017
AOR. 29 June 2017
In process. 06 July 2017
Criminality passed. 06 July 2017
File transferred to Missisauga. 11 July 2017
Test ready tagged location at Missisauga. 31 July 2017

Test invite. 10 Nov 2017
Test date. 24 Nov 2017

Finger prints request. 27 Nov 2017
Finger print reached at IRCC. 08 Dec 2017

Decision made. 03 Jan 2018

Oath invitation 11 January 2018
Oath date. 2 Feb 2018
Did your notes show why FP was requested?
I guess by criminality passed, it should say "no reportable trace"?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Did your notes show why FP was requested?
I guess by criminality passed, it should say "no reportable trace"?
It does say "No reportable trace when criminality was passed"

but does not say why finger prints were requested....no idea...

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
It does say "No reportable trace when criminality was passed"

but does not say why finger prints were requested....no idea...
Interesting findings, I guess FP may have other purposes other than criminality check? But anyways, thanks a lot for these valuable information.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I'll give it another week or so... I've waited this long, and they seem busy. Plus, it's not urgent or anything... still haven't gotten the test invite.

-A.
Well, sent them an email yesterday, as I still have not received the notes... the automated response started with:

"UPDATED MAY 31, 2017: Due to exceptional circumstances, we are currently experiencing difficulty meeting our service standards. Please accept our apologies for the delay, and rest assured that we are taking steps to address the situation."

I guess since it's since May, it's not all that exceptional, and they should just adjust the service standard upwards. Remember, the definition of success is that expectations are met... and by that definition, this is just a fail. :)

-A.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi All,
Please if one gets refused for the same class of visa twice, can the applicant request 2 different GCMS notes for the 2 different applications at the same time.Paying the moent twice anyway.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hi all,
Please if a resident in Canada requests for GCMS on behalf of a visa applicant who is non canadian, can the visa applicant's email address be used instead of the resident as the resident is very busy and has no time to be checking emails or updating the applicant.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Well, got my GCMS notes, and they were not worth the wait. 54 pages, most of which were all of the records of my trips.

Most things were listed as "not started":

Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Oath: Not Started

The only interesting bit was that most of these things had a due date assigned to them which is in April, so I expect I'll see some movement in the spring. I did confirm that my processing office is Mississauga though, not St. Clair as I had thought from the FP request.

No reason given in the notes for the FP request, or anything else of interest.

Cheers,

A.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well, got my GCMS notes, and they were not worth the wait. 54 pages, most of which were all of the records of my trips.

The only interesting bit was that most of these things had a due date assigned to them which is in April, so I expect I'll see some movement in the spring. I did confirm that my processing office is Mississauga though, not St. Clair as I had thought from the FP request.

Cheers,

A.
Apparently, there are only two offices in Canada that prcoess FP requests - St Clair for the east, and Vancouver for the west. St. Clair is your secondary office. Mississauga is your primary.

May I ask when did you apply ?

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017

Cheers,

A.
Did you see anything under TRIAGE section?

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Apparently, there are only two offices in Canada that prcoess FP requests - St Clair for the east, and Vancouver for the west. St. Clair is your secondary office. Mississauga is your primary.

May I ask when did you apply ?
Applied for citizenship grant in September.
Requested the GCMS notes in December.

Cheers,

A.