+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Applied for citizenship grant in September.
Requested the GCMS notes in December.

Cheers,

A.
Took almost 2 months to get the notes ? I applied for GCMS mid Jan, and was expecting them this or next week.

Also, were the notes generated in December or in Feb ? Thanks

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Well, got my GCMS notes, and they were not worth the wait. 54 pages, most of which were all of the records of my trips.

Most things were listed as "not started":

Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Oath: Not Started

The only interesting bit was that most of these things had a due date assigned to them which is in April, so I expect I'll see some movement in the spring. I did confirm that my processing office is Mississauga though, not St. Clair as I had thought from the FP request.

No reason given in the notes for the FP request, or anything else of interest.

Cheers,

A.
Hello,
The due dates for residency and prohibitions, you mean?
And was there anything under triage?

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Took almost 2 months to get the notes ? I applied for GCMS mid Jan, and was expecting them this or next week.

Also, were the notes generated in December or in Feb ? Thanks

Yes, it took more than 2 months to get them.

Sadly, the "update stamp" on the app is "2017/12/02" so these are likely very out of date at this point.

Kind of makes the whole ATIP process borderline useless as by the time you get the response, the information is old enough to be completely uninteresting.

-A.

Reactions: razerblade

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hello,
The due dates for residency and prohibitions, you mean?
And was there anything under triage?
The Due Dates are as follows:

Eligibility Assessment - Prohibitions: 2018/10/05 (October)
Eligibility Assessment - Knowledge: 2018/10/05
Eligibility Assessment - Language: 2018/10/05
Eligibility Assessment - Residency: 2018/10/05
Criminality: 2018/04/07 (April)

So I was wrong about the due date being spring... looks like it's not until October... which would be more than 12 months since the original application.

Nothing under triage.

-A.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

So I was wrong about the due date being spring... looks like it's not until October... which would be more than 12 months since the original application.

Nothing under triage.

-A.
Looks like the criminality check is taking a long time in your case.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Can't imagine why... also, how did you come to that conclusion?

Thanks,

A.
Just a hunch. Your GCMS notes indicated criminality started first, and then you were requested to provide fingerprints, which possibly delayed it by 2-4 weeks.

Also, from what the call center agent told me, in some cases they conduct the test first, while in others they conduct background check first. I think your case, like mine, is the latter.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Just a hunch. Your GCMS notes indicated criminality started first, and then you were requested to provide fingerprints, which possibly delayed it by 2-4 weeks.

Also, from what the call center agent told me, in some cases they conduct the test first, while in others they conduct background check first. I think your case, like mine, is the latter.
Makes sense.

Thanks,

A.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017

Nothing under triage.

-A.
Yeah, the same thing was for me. The due dates were later then a year after application. Well I had triage 1, and no RQ. nothing. So, it was probably something relevant but not compelling enough to necessitate an RQ.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah, the same thing was for me. The due dates were later then a year after application. Well I had triage 1, and no RQ. nothing. So, it was probably something relevant but not compelling enough to necessitate an RQ.
Did you triage occur before paper transfer? Besides triage, do you see anything under refusal ground section?
Mine also shows Triage 1, and an entry of refusal ground as below:
Created Date: 2014/06/14 09:38:22
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14 19:43:13
Updated By: SADMIN
Article Of The Act: [empty]
Article Description: [empty]

It's very weird that it was created and updated long before my application sent...