+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
I got refused few months back even after having decent profile. I completed my +2 in 2020 with cbse board and managed to score 74%. My ielts band score are overall 7.5 not less than 6.5. The reason mentioned in refusal letter was wouldn't leave canada. So, i applied for gcms notes to get real reason, which was, "
Text: I have reviewed all the documentation provided for this application-1 have considered the clients education, the client's letter stating their reasons for study. Summary of key findings below: PA seeks to obtain a diploma at a Canadian college; No record of employment.
Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an
educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home.
The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential
career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Application refused as per R216 (1) (b)."
Now my agent is suggesting me to justify these reasons in sop by mentioning gcms notes, while my friend is saying that mention of notes will put negative impact on my file.

What should I do? Is it ok to write about gcms in sop?

Also, what other points should i write to make my sop strong.

Please help me as i am genuinely really confused.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Your friend is wrong. The officer who will see your new study permit application will have access to your past GCMS notes anyway. So I fail to see how mention of notes will have negative impact on your file.

Reactions: anuragipushp

jagmeetsinghji1

Feb 4, 2020
It will have no negative impression on VO if u include the gcms notes remarks; therefore, don't worry about that. However, I suggest u to work on ur sop or take a professional's assistance and then give some personal touches. And most importantly gcms remarks are also kind of a general overview of VO. Many get same as u got. Beat of luck.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
It will have no negative impression on VO if u include the gcms notes remarks; therefore, don't worry about that. However, I suggest u to work on ur sop or take a professional's assistance and then give some personal touches. And most importantly gcms remarks are also kind of a general overview of VO. Many get same as u got. Beat of luck.
Can you please suggest me some points to add in my sop??

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Can you please suggest me some points to add in my sop??
You have to prove why you were not able to gain employment after graduating. Furthermore, you'll have to present your study plan in a coherent and professional manner. List down all the job openings that asks for similar education qualification. Make it clear to the VO that your intentions to study this very program is to equip yourself with better education and skill set. Do not degrade your home country while explaining all these reasons. In India, an accreditation from a western country like Canada is valued more especially in the business and technology industry. Do not over-glorify Canada. You just have to write logical bits about the decision of opting this very institute, the course and how the cost justifies the outcomes in India. Do not write like you are an editor for these colleges. Write just the facts. Go to websites and screengrab and paste the links of the pages that shows the salaries of the potential positions you will be applying to after studying this program. In Aghaalikhani v. Canada and Motala v. Canada, the judgement clearly indicated that the officer cannot reject an application without providing any evidence of "local options being available at low costs". As long as you have the sufficient financials, you can easily rectify this point by referring to these cases and also providing substantial evidence of how the costs outweighs the employment prospective of this very program. You should also mention that the difference in costs also means a difference in quality of education. Your program of choice doesn't define you as a non-genuine student and you can fight this point if you have a strong educational background. These rejections are just based on mere speculations of the VO. You probably see weaker profiles than yours get approved because getting visa is just random at this point regardless of what most people might tell you. This post proves that even after explaining all the grounds mentioned in the GCMS notes, this guy was refused thrice. Best you can do is try again and again if you are persistent enough and can sustain the financial loss of $150 CAD per application but I hope you don't have to go through this mental and financial exertion and hopefully you get yours approved the second time. Good luck.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
You have to prove why you were not able to gain employment after graduating. Furthermore, you'll have to present your study plan in a coherent and professional manner. List down all the job openings that asks for similar education qualification. Make it clear to the VO that your intentions to study this very program is to equip yourself with better education and skill set. Do not degrade your home country while explaining all these reasons. In India, an accreditation from a western country like Canada is valued more especially in the business and technology industry. Do not over-glorify Canada. You just have to write logical bits about the decision of opting this very institute, the course and how the cost justifies the outcomes in India. Do not write like you are an editor for these colleges. Write just the facts. Go to websites and screengrab and paste the links of the pages that shows the salaries of the potential positions you will be applying to after studying this program. In Aghaalikhani v. Canada and Motala v. Canada, the judgement clearly indicated that the officer cannot reject an application without providing any evidence of "local options being available at low costs". As long as you have the sufficient financials, you can easily rectify this point by referring to these cases and also providing substantial evidence of how the costs outweighs the employment prospective of this very program. You should also mention that the difference in costs also means a difference in quality of education. Your program of choice doesn't define you as a non-genuine student and you can fight this point if you have a strong educational background. These rejections are just based on mere speculations of the VO. You probably see weaker profiles than yours get approved because getting visa is just random at this point regardless of what most people might tell you. This post proves that even after explaining all the grounds mentioned in the GCMS notes, this guy was refused thrice. Best you can do is try again and again if you are persistent enough and can sustain the financial loss of $150 CAD per application but I hope you don't have to go through this mental and financial exertion and hopefully you get yours approved the second time. Good luck.
Firstly, thanks for replying. I am sorry you are going through this. I can understand the pressure and self-doubt it creates. All my friends got their visa in first attempt, some with weaker files. So, yeah its just luck at this point. I hope you recieve your visa soon. Also, i am not graduate. I completed my senior secondary education in 2020(got my result in July) . Due to lock down, i wasn't able to join ielts center till January 2021. Finally, i gave my exam in April and by the time I received my result, second lock down happened. After that one or another thing happened but somehow I lodged my file by January 2022 end and got refused in April. My agent told me i didn't had any gap in my studies. I applied for gcms notes in April only but got them in july. Now, i am relodging my file this Thursday. Do you think i have gap in my studies??

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Firstly, thanks for replying. I am sorry you are going through this. I can understand the pressure and self-doubt it creates. All my friends got their visa in first attempt, some with weaker files. So, yeah its just luck at this point. I hope you recieve your visa soon. Also, i am not graduate. I completed my senior secondary education in 2020(got my result in July) . Due to lock down, i wasn't able to join ielts center till January 2021. Finally, i gave my exam in April and by the time I received my result, second lock down happened. After that one or another thing happened but somehow I lodged my file by January 2022 end and got refused in April. My agent told me i didn't had any gap in my studies. I applied for gcms notes in April only but got them in july. Now, i am relodging my file this Thursday. Do you think i have gap in my studies??
Since you're just a post-secondary grad, I'd suggest explaining vividly the timeline of your process in the application. Try not to include COVID too much as it seems like an obvious excuse. Just state the facts, backed by your documentation. Additionally, your employment situation, or lack thereof, shouldn't matter much in this case as you're applying for further education. Would you mind sharing the details of your qualifications and the proposed program? Do not hesitate to explain all your reasons in your LoE but at the same time, do not include irrelevant information. Stick to the facts. It doesn't matter if the LoE exceeds the "suggested limit" of 2-3 pages because a person cannot explain his/her reasons in just 2-3 pages especially after a refusal. Create headings of these GCMS notes and clarify all the things in a professional manner. Most importantly, do not lose hope when things don't work out like you wanted them to. I appreciate your kind words and I wish you good luck.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
Well, i opted for commerce and passed my senior secondary education with cbse board, scoring 74%. Then, i got overall 7.5 bands in ielts (L-8.5, R-7.5, S-7.0, W-6.5) now, i choose niagara college toronto for pursuing general business course.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
Since you're just a post-secondary grad, I'd suggest explaining vividly the timeline of your process in the application. Try not to include COVID too much as it seems like an obvious excuse. Just state the facts, backed by your documentation. Additionally, your employment situation, or lack thereof, shouldn't matter much in this case as you're applying for further education. Would you mind sharing the details of your qualifications and the proposed program? Do not hesitate to explain all your reasons in your LoE but at the same time, do not include irrelevant information. Stick to the facts. It doesn't matter if the LoE exceeds the "suggested limit" of 2-3 pages because a person cannot explain his/her reasons in just 2-3 pages especially after a refusal. Create headings of these GCMS notes and clarify all the things in a professional manner. Most importantly, do not lose hope when things don't work out like you wanted them to. I appreciate your kind words and I wish you good luck.
Also, if you can help me this one :- https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/family-form.774060/

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
I am not sure what form you're talking about because as far as I know, for family information, IMM5645e is provided on GCKey while filing our online application and it does indeed have empty field for entering siblings information on the second page. Also, try not to make multiple threads. You can just post your query in this one since it is an active post.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
I am not sure what form you're talking about because as far as I know, for family information, IMM5645e is provided on GCKey while filing our online application and it does indeed have empty field for entering siblings information on the second page. Also, try not to make multiple threads. You can just post your query in this one since it is an active post.
Yes but my agent used IMM5707e form. He said these days we need to use this. And i am new user of this site. Should i quote everyone or is there any other way?

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
I am reapplying my student visa application along with ca report. Earlier, i applied with 5707e family form, which do not have section for sibling. Even though I have an elder brother who is a student himself in India. I didn't knew there were two forms. Neither I mentioned him in my application nor i denied of having any sibling. Now in my ca report, i have to mention him as he has some agricultural land on his name. I am still using 5707e family information form. Will it create any issues??

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Yes but my agent used IMM5707e form. He said these days we need to use this. And i am new user of this site. Should i quote everyone or is there any other way?
Your agent should've used the newer portal. It's so much easier to fill than dealing with a dozen PDFs.

Navi Dhaliwal

Jul 30, 2022
Your agent should've used the newer portal. It's so much easier to fill than dealing with a dozen PDFs.
Today at 2:13 PM
I am reapplying my student visa application along with ca report. Earlier, i applied with 5707e family form, which do not have section for sibling. Even though I have an elder brother who is a student himself in India. I didn't knew there were two forms. Neither I mentioned him in my application nor i denied of having any sibling. Now in my ca report, i have to mention him as he has some agricultural land on his name. I am still using 5707e family information form. Will it create any issues??