+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
browning911 said:
The due date is not really important. But since you are an April 2016 applicant and March 2016 applicants are already getting SA and AIP, if I were you I would do my medical now.

I am a March 2016 applicant and I did my medical in June 2016.
Can't I get SA or AIP if I haven't done medical before?
Why they would have due date there if it's not important?

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
I have just recieved notes... nothing has been changed significantly as far security is concerned, but one thing that worrying me is that blanked space has been increased beneath security admissibility and 1 has been removed infornt of security... Neither instruction to partners nor any instructions from partners are being shown... Is their anythingg to worry?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wmate said:
I have just recieved notes... nothing has been changed significantly as far security is concerned, but one thing that worrying me is that blanked space has been increased beneath security admissibility and 1 has been removed infornt of security... Neither instruction to partners nor any instructions from partners are being shown... Is their anythingg to worry?
That is actually a good thing IMO. See, they redact all details about the security checks. When the amount of redacted space gets bigger, it means the checks are progressing and being recorded in your GCMS - which is a pretty good thing. Unless and otherwise you have a criminal past, you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck!

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Can someone please tell me how long it takes approximately for the security check to be completed by CCIS? My friends security check started 7 months ago. Still no news. Any advise would help. Thank you.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Mini2016 said:
Can someone please tell me how long it takes approximately for the security check to be completed by CCIS? My friends security check started 7 months ago. Still no news. Any advise would help. Thank you.
I found this thread, it might help you to understand.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
I have posted the same question in another thread and have received some interesting inputs:
I am posting it here too to get others opinions on my GCMS entries and questions.

@Eagle333, @rajkamalmohanram, and other senior members:

In my GCMS notes, my Security has been "Not Started" since the beginning of the February.

ADMISSIBILITIES

SECURITY

SECURITY: 1
Created Date: 2017/02/XX
Created By: MMXXXXXX
Updated Date: 2017/02/XX
Updated By: MMXXXXX
UCI #: XXXX-XXXX
Family Name: XXXX
Given Name(s): YYYY
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: MMXXXX
Status Updated Date: 2017/02/XX
Assigned By: MMXXXX
Assigned To: RC-XXXX
Due Date: 2018/01/31
Activity #: X-N4XXXX

Also, the following are the last agents' notes in my GCMS:

NOTES: XX
Created By: DPXXXXXX
Updated By: DPXXXXX
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility (notice this does not say "ELIGIBILITY")
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Case Analyst APPLICATION: EXXXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP: FSW, 2016-12-XX I have verified
this application under Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and make the
following determination. RECOMMENDATION:***Appears to meet requirements*** Ready to Finalize
----------------------CIVIL STATUS: PA (XXX, YYY),
SINGLE INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA
(XXX, YYY) In Status- ZZZ Valid Until: 2017-XX-XX NO ADVERSE INFORMATION------WORK
EXPERIENCE(S): Qualifying Period: from XXXX to YYYY 1) Systems Analyst- (NOC2171) at XYZ Solutions . LOE Salary$:XX,000. Submitted
letter(s) of reference [ ] which is/are assessed as follows: EDOCS NUMBER(S): #XXXXXXXXX The duties
listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC
code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties
under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum
requirements of 12 months of work experience. PA meets education requirements

NOTES: YY
Created By: KDXXXXX
Updated By: KDXXXXXXX
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Rec'd Requested Documents

Based on the above information, can you please answer the following questions:

• Is my security ongoing or has in not been started yet? (in my EE profle, my BG is NA at the moment)
  • Since my A11.2 was assessed as "Recommended Pass", does this mean another agent still needs to verify my Eligibility? If yes, will this happen after my Security changes to "Pass"?
  • Are "EE ELIGIBILITY" and "ELIGIBILITY" the same? If not, what each one of the mean?
    I ask this because they contain different information. Here is how "ELIGIBILITY" section looks like in my notes:

ELIGIBILITY
    ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT
    ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT: 0
    WORK EXPERIENCE
    WORK EXPERIENCE: 0
    WORK EXPERIENCE- LC
    WORK EXPERIENCE- LC: 0

• What does "Ready to Finalize" indicate?

I appreciate your help! ;D

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Eagle333 said:
First page of this thread has your answer.
Dear Eagle333:
My question is regarding parents sponsorship application.

I received a reply back from London visa office after several weeks and their reply is as follows:
Please note that this application is currently awaiting Security and Criminality review. We are unable to advise when this review will take place, however, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as there have been any further developments.

My question is, what do they mean by "review" and who would be performing this review? From visa office reply, what timeline should be inferred for this review to be completed. What can I do other than passively waiting as time passes by and medicals are getting outdated by the day. Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Dear Eagle333:
My question is regarding parents sponsorship application.

I received a reply back from London visa office after several weeks and their reply is as follows:
Please note that this application is currently awaiting Security and Criminality review. We are unable to advise when this review will take place, however, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as there have been any further developments.

My question is, what do they mean by "review" and who would be performing this review? From visa office reply, what timeline should be inferred for this review to be completed. What can I do other than passively waiting as time passes by and medicals are getting outdated by the day. Kindly let me know your thoughts.
Good day dear Ibaadat,

REVIEW in this context means the CSIS STUDY both SECURITY and CRIMINALITY then advise CIC with the go ahead or not. I don't know how long this review will take but I can only throw my guess, this might take approximately 1-6 months. They may extend your medicals if the results were very good.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Eagle333 said:
Good day dear Ibaadat,

REVIEW in this context means the CSIS STUDY both SECURITY and CRIMINALITY then advise CIC with the go ahead or not. I don't know how long this review will take but I can only throw my guess, this might take approximately 1-6 months. They may extend your medicals if the results were very good.
Thank you dear Eagle333 for your quick reply and my apologies to seek a bit more clarification.
Is it the right assumption to think of "security/criminality review" as per LVO's reply same as other commonly used terms such as background check by CSIS? Are these two same?
CIC has RCMP and PCCs on file since a while ago, and I used to think criminality decision is derived from RCMP certificate/PCC and security from CSIS. But may be not...hoping for a miraculous good news :)

Have a blessed day!

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
Ibaadat said:
Thank you dear Eagle333 for your quick reply and my apologies to seek a bit more clarification.
Is it the right assumption to think of "security/criminality review" as per LVO's reply same as other commonly used terms such as background check by CSIS? Are these two same?
CIC has RCMP and PCCs on file since a while ago, and I used to think criminality decision is derived from RCMP certificate/PCC and security from CSIS. But may be not...hoping for a miraculous good news :)

Have a blessed day!
My case is same as yours.. waiting for security clearance since more than 6 months now... :(

dp0716

Dec 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
Doc's Request.
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-10-2016 AOR2:03-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016(upfront)
Interview........
praying to have none☝
Passport Req..
in Gods perfect time☝
VISA ISSUED...
in Gods perfect time☝
LANDED..........
in Gods perfect time☝
Hi Eagle,

could i ask u to interpret my notes? i really cant understand thabks

SuruchiMullick

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
21-October-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-11-2016 , AOR 2 : 02-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2017
Hi,
Can somebody explain to me what this means "Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations"
One page in my notes was redacted! Should I be worried?
Senior members please advise!

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

i received my GCMS notes and on the 2nd page after assessments, the paper file (office, #, location) is blank...does that mean noone is working on my file? or is it because my security is ongoing?

security is blank, and the rest is passed...

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
adtocanada said:
Hi,

i received my GCMS notes and on the 2nd page after assessments, the paper file (office, #, location) is blank...does that mean noone is working on my file? or is it because my security is ongoing?

security is blank, and the rest is passed...
When anything is blanked out, it means your security checks is undergoing and information is hidden out..My case is same like yours