+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
hi
who should sign in section C number 4 (asking about representative )? is it sponsor or PA ?

tHANKS

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
semos said:
hi
who should sign in section C number 4 (asking about representative )? is it sponsor or PA ?

tHANKS
The sponsor has to apply (needs to be a Canadian or PR)

Section A - requestor
Section B - PA
If you have a consultant or lawyer, section C is for them.

semos

Star Member
May 28, 2015
profiler said:
The sponsor has to apply (needs to be a Canadian or PR)

Section A - requestor
Section B - PA
If you have a consultant or lawyer, section C is for them.
Thanks for your answer . But what i understand from the form
that
section a : is for PA
Sectinn B : Is for sponsor
section c: sponsor as well

i am i right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
semos said:
that

i am i right?
The PA cannot apply for ATIP / GCMS notes. Only a Canadian or a PR can. That means sponsor is Section A (who is asking for the info). Unless you are applying through an agent. Then use B and C.

Section B is for the applicant who is being sponsored to authorize the release of their info.

Section C is authorizing a lawyer or consultant to request on your (and your spouse's) behalf.

Section 4 is for kids under 18.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
semos said:
that

i am i right?

Semos you're right:

Section A: is for Principle Applicant because the application does not belong to the Sponsor since he or she is already a Canadian Citizen or PR.

Section B: Sponsor can fill this section if he or she is requesting some information about his own application which is different from PA. But 95% of SPRS leave this section blank

Section C: Belong to SPR or Other representative who are Canadian Citizen or PR to be able to request GCMS notes for principal applicant

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
AG317 said:
We were supposed to get our Notes on August 17th - we received an email saying that they know that our request is late and they would mark it priority. But its been 10 days now, and still nada.
Hey, AG317

Did you receive your notes finally?

viennagirl

Jul 16, 2015
When we order our GCMS Notes, where exactly does that request go?
Does it go back to our VO and they are the ones processing it?

We were supposed to get our Notes on August 17th - we received an email saying that they know that our request is late and they would mark it priority. But its been 10 days now, and still nada.

Hi AG317
My notes were supposed to be sent on August 17 as well, after sending email inquiry I received email saying that they are aware my notes are late and that is it... Still nothing. So frustrating.
How about you? Have you received your notes yet?

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
viennagirl said:

Hi AG317
My notes were supposed to be sent on August 17 as well, after sending email inquiry I received email saying that they are aware my notes are late and that is it... Still nothing. So frustrating.
Shantaveli said:
Hey, AG317

Did you receive your notes finally?
Hi Guys, no we still haven't received anything! Its been 2 weeks since the notes were due, and almost a week since we were told they were marked "priority" but still nada
Not going to lie, this is getting really frustrating.

If anyone knows where we can file a complaint, please let us know

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viennagirl said:

Hi AG317

Check this link you will know where your GCMS request goes.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now-t390292.735.html

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I got my notes last week and there were a couple of interesting things I wanted to share. First the notes were run the day after my husband's passport was requested. The notes showed at that time that security and criminality had not been started yet. Two weeks after that our application was approved and visa issued, so it's possible to get background checks done in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this gives hope to those waiting that things can move very quickly. And it's not like my husband is from a Western country where you might expect a quick turnaround on that, he is from East Africa.

Secondly all of the dates in the notes the officer made under eligibility were wrong. Our wedding date was completely wrong, not the day, month or year were correct! I have no idea where it came from and the correct date would have been in our application at least a dozen times in various forms and evidence. Being so careless with important dates concerns me because people are often denied when in their interview what they say doesn't match with the officers notes. So anyone who is called for an interview should definitely order notes first to ensure they have the correct info recorded.

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
AG317 said:
Hi Guys, no we still haven't received anything! Its been 2 weeks since the notes were due, and almost a week since we were told they were marked "priority" but still nada
Not going to lie, this is getting really frustrating.

If anyone knows where we can file a complaint, please let us know
It's really frustrating, especially after this long and silent summer.

*Can I lodge a complaint related to the Access to Information Act?

*Yes, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner about any matter related to your Access to Information Act request. For example, your complaint may involve exemptions applied, delays in providing a response, fee estimates, etc. A complaint must be made within 60 days from the date that you received a response to your request. There is no cost to you for the investigation of a complaint.

Complaints must be submitted in writing to:
Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria St.
Gatineau (Québec) K1A 1H3

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
MNM2015 said:
I got my notes last week and there were a couple of interesting things I wanted to share. First the notes were run the day after my husband's passport was requested. The notes showed at that time that security and criminality had not been started yet. Two weeks after that our application was approved and visa issued, so it's possible to get background checks done in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this gives hope to those waiting that things can move very quickly. And it's not like my husband is from a Western country where you might expect a quick turnaround on that, he is from East Africa.

Secondly all of the dates in the notes the officer made under eligibility were wrong. Our wedding date was completely wrong, not the day, month or year were correct! I have no idea where it came from and the correct date would have been in our application at least a dozen times in various forms and evidence. Being so careless with important dates concerns me because people are often denied when in their interview what they say doesn't match with the officers notes. So anyone who is called for an interview should definitely order notes first to ensure they have the correct info recorded.
Thanks MNM2015 for the info. I am baffled that the information is incorrect. Scary!

Still waiting for our notes. No response from ATIP as to why notes are late. Principal Applicant requested notes on 24 July 2016 and this weekend requested notes by Sponsor, both under Privacy Act.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
browning911 said:
Thanks MNM2015 for the info. I am baffled that the information is incorrect. Scary!

Still waiting for our notes. No response from ATIP as to why notes are late. Principal Applicant requested notes on 24 July 2016 and this weekend requested notes by Sponsor, both under Privacy Act.
I don't understand why yours are taking so long. I ordered ours after you and got them last week. Ours was access to information not privacy act so maybe that makes a difference. I would think they just do them in the order they receive them so unless something is missing or wrong in your request I don't understand. Is the PA in Canada? Did you include proof of that? Hope you get it soon!

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Eagle333 said:
Semos you're right:

Section A: is for Principle Applicant because the application does not belong to the Sponsor since he or she is already a Canadian Citizen or PR.

Section B: Sponsor can fill this section if he or she is requesting some information about his own application which is different from PA. But 95% of SPRS leave this section blank

Section C: Belong to SPR or Other representative who are Canadian Citizen or PR to be able to request GCMS notes for principal applicant
wow after reading this, i looked back at the consent form we sent for GCMS notes, i filled it out wrong! We filled it like this:

Section A: PA
Section B: Sponsor
Section C: left blank!

why do they make their forms so confusing! i sent the consent from a few weeks ago! i hope i don't have a reply saying the form is wrong and to resend it, only to wait another month for it!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
taniam00 said:
wow after reading this, i looked back at the consent form we sent for GCMS notes, i filled it out wrong! We filled it like this:

Section A: PA
Section B: Sponsor
Section C: left blank!

why do they make their forms so confusing! i sent the consent from a few weeks ago! i hope i don't have a reply saying the form is wrong and to resend it, only to wait another month for it!
In July they changed the form. Section A's heading, "You must clearly write your name and date of birth". Section B's heading, "If you are also seeking the information of your spouse or common-law partner in your ATIP request, you must indicate their name and signature". Section C's heading, "You must write your designated individual's contact information".

Given that ATIP is an application driven process, it is only natural to assume that the application for information is owned by the person applying for it. Given that it has to be a Canadian Citizen / PR, it's only natural to assume.

To be honest, if you are applying under Privacy Act, and both parties have signed and dated the form, I doubt they will care. I filled ours out as such:
Section A - Me (I made the request)
Section B - My spouse (as it said I have to put my spouse's information in there)
Section C and D blank.

We will see as well when the time comes to get ours. I will report back with how it all went down.