+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES WELL EXPLAINED HAS NEVER BEFORE UNTIL NOW

rand75

Feb 24, 2016
momo2016 said:
Asalam alaikum brother,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife has been called for an interview. You know bro it's difficult to say how much is "too much" and how much is "not enough". I heard from one person who sent boxes and boxes of evidence. It was so much evidence, the officer found it impossible to sift through to figure out how much of that evidence was relevant...so he requested an interview.

From what I've gathered, all those people that provide thousands of photos and buckets of proof are overdoing it, and i doubt the visa officer will ever look through all of the evidence they provide. So why give the officers more things to pick holes in? if they need more proof, they will ask you for it.

I sent in few pages of chat logs and i also included about 70 photos of our marriage and special occasions. Thats all. i knew that no one's ever going to read all of my whatsapp viber imo chat logs. My intention was for the officer to skip through the log and read whatever he wants before shredding it.

it looks to me like the reason they called your wife in for an interview was to determine whether she entered the marriage primarily for immigration purposes since you converted to her rrligion to marry her.
you can't fault him for providing more proof. singapore is one of the toughest visa offices to get through, and i would've done the exact same. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

check this out: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-approval-rates-in-2011-by-visa-office-t102205.0.html

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
ImABule said:
Yes. We got a random interview letter 3 days ago.

They say they are returning all our proofs.

I hope they have a big enough box

I'm waiting for my notes and then I will email the Program Manager of svo

Kind of ridiculous considering how our application was presented.

I've read a lot about SVO including inspections and audits and it seems they have a lot of locally engaged staff that are reviewing files.

I'm hoping my email to the program manager sparks a closer review by a Canadian based officer.
I am so sad to hear this :( I was hoping you would be getting good news very soon. I think at some VO's if you have red flags they put you in the interview queue regardless of how much proof you provide. I think that's total crap and they need to look at new ways to determine if a relationship is genuine. Just because you are different religions, have a large age gap or it's a second marriage for one of the people does not in any way indicate the relationship is not genuine. If interviews were done in a reasonable time it wouldn't be so bad. I think their "system" for trying to catch fake marriages lets in far more scammers than it keeps out and often keeps loving couples apart. Anyway enough of my rant, just wanted you to know how sorry I am and I'm glad you are looking at other options to be together in the meantime. All the best. It will work out in the end.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
rand75 said:
you can't fault him for providing more proof. singapore is one of the toughest visa offices to get through, and i would've done the exact same. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

check this out: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-approval-rates-in-2011-by-visa-office-t102205.0.html
Exactly

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
momo2016 said:
Asalam alaikum brother,

I'm sorry to hear that your wife has been called for an interview. You know bro it's difficult to say how much is "too much" and how much is "not enough". I heard from one person who sent boxes and boxes of evidence. It was so much evidence, the officer found it impossible to sift through to figure out how much of that evidence was relevant...so he requested an interview.

From what I've gathered, all those people that provide thousands of photos and buckets of proof are overdoing it, and i doubt the visa officer will ever look through all of the evidence they provide. So why give the officers more things to pick holes in? if they need more proof, they will ask you for it.

I sent in few pages of chat logs and i also included about 70 photos of our marriage and special occasions. Thats all. i knew that no one's ever going to read all of my whatsapp viber imo chat logs. My intention was for the officer to skip through the log and read whatever he wants before shredding it.

it looks to me like the reason they called your wife in for an interview was to determine whether she entered the marriage primarily for immigration purposes since you converted to her rrligion to marry her.
Walaikum salam

We didn't exactly send boxes and boxes.

We sent

Boarding passes from my visits and our holiday in Bali and our flight to Sumatra to attend a friend's wedding.

Passport stamps

About 80 pages of whatsapp and messenger calls

About 80 pages of chats

About 40 pages of public interaction on fb

20 pages of Western union reciepts

About 80 photos of visits, wedding, reception, honeymoon

7 letters of support from friends and family on both sides

My online CRA account showing marital status and wife's name

Credit card statement in which I added my wife to

Postcards sent between us and to my friends and family from both of us in Indonesia

Screenshots of video calls between us and between my mom and daughter

The letter my parents wrote offering to pay my wife's tuition from our refused study permit app

Pictures of cards and gifts sent to my daughter by my wife

Hotel, restaurant, and tourist activity reciepts

Statements by both of us

There may be a couple things I can't remember off the top of my head

rand75 said:

Yeah, SVO sucks

MNM2015 said:
I am so sad to hear this :( I was hoping you would be getting good news very soon. I think at some VO's if you have red flags they put you in the interview queue regardless of how much proof you provide. I think that's total crap and they need to look at new ways to determine if a relationship is genuine. Just because you are different religions, have a large age gap or it's a second marriage for one of the people does not in any way indicate the relationship is not genuine. If interviews were done in a reasonable time it wouldn't be so bad. I think their "system" for trying to catch fake marriages lets in far more scammers than it keeps out and often keeps loving couples apart. Anyway enough of my rant, just wanted you to know how sorry I am and I'm glad you are looking at other options to be together in the meantime. All the best. It will work out in the end.
Thank you.

A few applicants got their interviews 3 months from the queue letter. So hopefully not too long. I have an ex who I have a child with, I converted to her religion although neither of us are overly religious, and i am 9 years older than her.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImABule said:
Walaikum salam

We sent

Boarding passes from my visits and our holiday in Bali and our flight to Sumatra to attend a friend's wedding.

Passport stamps

About 80 pages of chats

Postcards sent between us and to my friends and family from both of us in Indonesia

The letter my parents wrote offering to pay my wife's tuition from our refused study permit app

Statements by both of us

Yeah, SVO sucks

Thank you.

A few applicants got their interviews 3 months from the queue letter. So hopefully not too long. I have an ex who I have a child with, I converted to her religion although neither of us are overly religious, and i am 9 years older than her.
Interview is not always a bad thing , it's your chance to clear out any concerns about your relationship , some applicants were approved on the spot the day of the interview .

my entire application with the photos was about 150 pages only .

rand75

Feb 24, 2016
TANMEX said:
Interview is not always a bad thing , it's your chance to clear out any concerns about your relationship , some applicants were approved on the spot the day of the interview .

my entire application with the photos was about 150 pages only .
It would not be a bad thing if the Visa Offices were quick at scheduling interviews. That extra wait time is mainly the reason why many of us want to avoid interviews.

momo2016

Apr 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
up front 19-03-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016
ImABule said:
Walaikum salam

We sent

Passport stamps

About 80 pages of chats

Statements by both of us

I feel you bro...it's obviously a nightmare for your wife to face an interview after waiting for so long. An interview would mean a new medical exam and a new PCC, and that means more $$$

I guess all depends which VO you get. I wish everybody with genuine relationships is able to be with their spouse.

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
rand75 said:
It would not be a bad thing if the Visa Offices were quick at scheduling interviews. That extra wait time is mainly the reason why many of us want to avoid interviews.
I believe we are all off the main topic of what this thread was meant to talk about. Getting back to the reason of this thread, I have read that the more people that request GCMS notes this is taking time away from the respected VO officers who are trying to work on our files because they do have a mandatory date to make of 30 days to have the notes sent! I'm not sure if this one of the reasons why there are all these delays but please people, why request notes 2 or 3 months into your file being opened if this is true? I strongly believe that if this is one of the many problems of files being delayed then maybe we should only request GCMS notes if we are on waiting list for interview? Just a thought to help all of us in the near future

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Djl said:
I believe we are all off the main topic of what this thread was meant to talk about. Getting back to the reason of this thread, I have read that the more people that request GCMS notes this is taking time away from the respected VO officers who are trying to work on our files because they do have a mandatory date to make of 30 days to have the notes sent! I'm not sure if this one of the reasons why there are all these delays but please people, why request notes 2 or 3 months into your file being opened if this is true? I strongly believe that if this is one of the many problems of files being delayed then maybe we should only request GCMS notes if we are on waiting list for interview? Just a thought to help all of us in the near future
Privacy and Freedom of Information Acts require government agencies to employ full time custodians that service those requests. They have specialized training in privacy legislation. So it doesn't tie up the officers time.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
profiler said:
Privacy and Freedom of Information Acts require government agencies to employ full time custodians that service those requests. They have specialized training in privacy legislation. So it doesn't tie up the officers time.
This is correct. All requests made from Privacy Act and Access to Information Act are processed in Ottawa. CIC GCMS notes are just one of many things that can be requested under the act.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
momo2016 said:
I feel you bro...it's obviously a nightmare for your wife to face an interview after waiting for so long. An interview would mean a new medical exam and a new PCC, and that means more $$$

I guess all depends which VO you get. I wish everybody with genuine relationships is able to be with their spouse.
I don't care about the money.

Engineered_by_God

Feb 10, 2016
Doha
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2016
AOR Received.
16-3-2016
File Transfer...
29/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/1/2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-11-2016
ImABule said:
Yes. We got a random interview letter 3 days ago.

They say they are returning all our proofs.

I hope they have a big enough box

I'm waiting for my notes and then I will email the Program Manager of svo

Kind of ridiculous considering how our application was presented.

I've read a lot about SVO including inspections and audits and it seems they have a lot of locally engaged staff that are reviewing files.

I'm hoping my email to the program manager sparks a closer review by a Canadian based officer.
I'm quite sad to read this news from you. Ive been reading your posts on your notes, and you get them after you received one and you mentioned also that notes still the same and no changes. I really cant get the idea for interview, what was the red flags for them to send interview? I still pray and hope that interview is your chance to prove them that your relationship is genuine and bonafide and for real. :)

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Morning!
So is there something in particular that might shed some light on why we don't have DM yet? I just received my 49 pages of GCMS notes and read this string and can't figure it out. His eligibility states "passed" so are criminality and medical. The last "update" date anywhere on the document is July 8th. He's American. I can't figure out why it's taking them so long. They have everything they need (our app was received Oct 21, 2015 and I had SA around Feb).
Thanks!

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
profiler said:
In July they changed the form. Section A's heading, "You must clearly write your name and date of birth". Section B's heading, "If you are also seeking the information of your spouse or common-law partner in your ATIP request, you must indicate their name and signature". Section C's heading, "You must write your designated individual's contact information".

Given that ATIP is an application driven process, it is only natural to assume that the application for information is owned by the person applying for it. Given that it has to be a Canadian Citizen / PR, it's only natural to assume.

To be honest, if you are applying under Privacy Act, and both parties have signed and dated the form, I doubt they will care. I filled ours out as such:
Section A - Me (I made the request)
Section B - My spouse (as it said I have to put my spouse's information in there)
Section C and D blank.

We will see as well when the time comes to get ours. I will report back with how it all went down.
i got a reply back. I actually forgot that I did not fill the representative form on behalf of my husband. so they have no records that i am a representative. So i need to get my husband to send the representative form and then apply again for notes.

this is the email i got "....there is no information stating that you are their representative.

Due to the Privacy Act, we cannot take action on your request since this file contains personal information about another person. The Privacy Act makes sure that a person’s identity and personal information are protected.

In order to respond to your inquiry,(my husband) must either write to us directly or provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly."

when you read that, it sounds like i need to send the notes again right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
taniam00 said:
i got a reply back. I actually forgot that I did not fill the representative form on behalf of my husband. so they have no records that i am a representative. So i need to get my husband to send the representative form and then apply again for notes.

this is the email i got "....there is no information stating that you are their representative.

Due to the Privacy Act, we cannot take action on your request since this file contains personal information about another person. The Privacy Act makes sure that a person’s identity and personal information are protected.

In order to respond to your inquiry,(my husband) must either write to us directly or provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly."

when you read that, it sounds like i need to send the notes again right?
Your husband has to fill out and submit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf first. Then you can request GCMS notes.