AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I am frustrated by the fact that in my GCKey account, I cannot use the background check in progress as a guide to determine how much longer they are going to take with our app. Since they changed it to in progress over 8 months ago and I don't think it is because my partner has a complicated past ... e.g. never been affiliated with the military, no ties to terrorist groups ... unless they think he is associated with some drug cartel because he is Latino, I doubt there is anything in his past that is warranting 8 months of scrutiny with background checks. Yes we were in 7 different countries in Europe for a period of 3 weeks and other insignificant short vacations in the US and Argentina, however, only as tourists and no crimes committed by either one of us ... Anyways, I am ready to go back to my MP, although I didn't feel they were overly helpful, but I can't stand it sitting around here while my partner burns himself out working 12 hour days because he is afraid to quit his slave-driven job before he gets his PR. I am sure it is just because they have done not a whole lot with his criminality/security checks ... everything they wanted, we gave them upfront or right away. I should have sent in the RCMP report without the request as now from what I read, they likely won't issue PPR until after the 120 days, which won't be until November 21. Also his PCC from Chile is expired on November 13, so I am sure when they finally look at our file again (maybe it won't be until the end of November), then they will ask him to redo it, adding more time onto the process ... arrgggh! End of rant!

Where/what did you read that makes you think they won't send PPR after the 120 days? is this 120 days after you send the RCMP or 120 after they requested them? either way is really frustrated that they won't do anything on the file in a while. we sent the RCMP on June, if counting the 120 days then i have no idea when are they contact us back... 120 days after we send the PCC was Oct 23. this is not good news.

I feel your pain...

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Where/what did you read that makes you think they won't send PPR after the 120 days? is this 120 days after you send the RCMP or 120 after they requested them? either way is really frustrated that they won't do anything on the file in a while. we sent the RCMP on June, if counting the 120 days then i have no idea when are they contact us back... 120 days after we send the PCC was Oct 23. this is not good news.

I feel your pain...
Well, I am not absolutely positive about them not doing anything until after the 120 days, but I did read that someone said that they thought that they will do another review on your application until after the deadlines for the submission of PCC's and Schedule A, etc. I did notice that in my last GCMS notes, when they updated that they had received our RCMP certificate that the assignment due date was November 21. 2017, the end of the 120 days of when our RCMP certificate was requested. I think others have said this is when they will look at your application again.

I am not holding out high hopes that they have looked at our app a whole lot since August 28. In the months before that, they did reviews on something about once a month. I just hope that after the 120 day deadline, that they will try to speed things up as they should be trying to meet the under 12 month processing time deadline as we probably all know they won't be doing much in the last 2 weeks in December and into early January with it being the holidays. We have submitted all documents, except if they ask us for a new PCC, which is expiring on November 13. However, my partner told me it's very easy to obtain one in Chile as one can just order it online and print it out. He has no past criminal record. I am just uncertain as to whether it will have to be translated to English again?

I don't know if they will still be asking us for an interview as we are heading towards 10 months in processing time at the end of this month. This is the only other thing which might slow us down still or if heaven forbid, they still need more proof of relationship status, which I saw them asking of another OP on the forum at the 10 or 11 month mark in processing.

I will be going to see my partner in Chile in 2 weeks time, but only for 2 weeks as I have to go back to work. I really hope no interview because I would want to go back there if they do and don't want to do it too close to the holidays as they jack up the prices of airfare.

I know you have been waiting even longer and need ARC too, which sucks.

I hope those of us left from the beginning of 2017 will hear "the news" before the end of the year.

Reactions: Aloaleja

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

I feel your pain...
check your assignment due date and see if it is 120 days after when they requested it. I think you might find it is the case!

Cheers

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
check your assignment due date and see if it is 120 days after when they requested it. I think you might find it is the case!

Cheers
What exactly is assignment due date?

Under “APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT” it says “assigned to:” Is this officer the app is assigned too?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

Under “APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT” it says “assigned to:” Is this officer the app is assigned too?
I assume so, his or her initials have been the same on all my reviews since our app arrived at the VO.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Anyone else?
depends on what it says.. mine is initials and numbers.. the due date has come and gone with no update... kinda means nothing at this point

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
depends on what it says.. mine is initials and numbers.. the due date has come and gone with no update... kinda means nothing at this point
Yeah I read due date means nothing.

My app was assigned to “CB18570”. I was just curious if this is the officer her processed the entire app!

Thanks for the response

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
y
Yeah I read due date means nothing.

My app was assigned to “CB18570”. I was just curious if this is the officer her processed the entire app!

Thanks for the response
you would see their initials all over the notes. mine is different

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
y

you would see their initials all over the notes. mine is different
Is there literally someone’s initials? What do they look like on the notes if you don’t mind me asking

CB18570 has searched my name and my wife’s name in the “client details” section

So would CB18570 be an officers initials?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)

I am not sure that they will look at it exactly day and finish everything then presto, you get PPR! Let's just hope that they have made some kind of progress at the point of this "due date". For those of us who applied at the beginning of this year, logic dictates that at some point (I sure hope so) in the next 2 or 3 months, they should finish processing most of us (80% in 12 months or less). I just almost wish they would ask us to go for an interview because it seems after that at least they make some kind of decision, whether they approve or reject the application. I really want to get on with my life and stop coming here to check what is happening (no offence, most people here are just lovely!).

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
I am not sure that they will look at it exactly day and finish everything then presto, you get PPR! Let's just hope that they have made some kind of progress at the point of this "due date". For those of us who applied at the beginning of this year, logic dictates that at some point (I sure hope so) in the next 2 or 3 months, they should finish processing most of us (80% in 12 months or less). I just almost wish they would ask us to go for an interview because it seems after that at least they make some kind of decision, whether they approve or reject the application. I really want to get on with my life and stop coming here to check what is happening (no offence, most people here are just lovely!).
Yeah I wouldn’t expect them to do it all in one day. I was more wondering if that is the officer that my app is assigned to.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Yeah I wouldn’t expect them to do it all in one day. I was more wondering if that is the officer that my app is assigned to.
I would say most likely. LG initials are on all of the reviews in my notes and also on the AOR letter I received. Check your AOR2 letter if you got one .... likely it is the same person.

BTW, they should have looked at the file before the assignment due date. I understand that they have to run the applicant's name through databases and wait for the results and that takes time. Probably it is just a lot of waiting with getting lead officers etc. to sign off on cases and I'm sure files sit in queue ... and then going back to the officer and sitting in another queue to get finalized. I'm sure there is a lot of passing around of the file and that is what likely takes up a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
I would say most likely. LG initials are on all of the reviews in my notes and also on the AOR letter I received. Check your AOR2 letter if you got one .... likely it is the same person.
There is no number on my aor2 letter at all that I can find. It was sent to sponsor and simply states my app will be processed in Ottawa (this is before it was sent back to Mississauga)