March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I really hope so!!

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
My criminality status on last set of notes said "in progress". Two months earlier it said "not started". I am taking that as a sign that they looked at and/or did something with respect to background check.
Mine never showed “in progress” unless it did before I ever ordered my notes.

However I called cic yesterday and the agent put me on hold and said “criminality and security are in the final stages”. Hopefully he is correct. I would give it a 50/50 chance lol

Reactions: majesty

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Hey everyone,

I just thought I should share this. When I ordered GCMS notes, I noticed that the status of Review of additional documents in My CIC account has changed to "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." on September 2017. But I have submitted everything such as PCC, schedule a , medicals (passed then), and all possible documents. On top of that, I did not receive an email or update in ecas or any changes in MyCIC account to indicate what exact documents they need to continue processing. Later when I received GCMS notes, I noticed that the notes generated date and status change dates are same.

So I sent a case specific enquiry 10 days after status change to My visa office.

Yesterday we got a reply from NDVO (New Delhi visa office) as below.

Please be advised that your application is pending a final review by an officer. At this point in time no additional information is required on your part. Our office will be in touch with the next step in processing once the review is completed.

Inference: We saw this same pattern with 8-10 other applicants in 2017 applicants. When we called CIC, similar comments were given by the agents as the internal request within the VO is reflected in applicant's status and of course, the GC Key account is yet to become a better tool as the information structuring is yet to be better organized. Also, this is one of the baffling queries circulated by applicants in 2017 (NDVO forum and April 2017 forum). Hence I shared my 2 cents! Again, it is definitely not an ascertainment. An observation of a pattern! Agreeing and disagreeing is everyone's prerogative as it is case specific.So please expect the review of documents status to change to “need more documents” when you order GCMS although you have submitted everything. On a precautionary note, please reach out to CIC by a call, case-specific enquiry, and an email just to be sure.

Thanks!

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hey everyone,

I just thought I should share this. When I ordered GCMS notes, I noticed that the status of Review of additional documents in My CIC account has changed to "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." on September 2017. But I have submitted everything such as PCC, schedule a , medicals (passed then), and all possible documents. On top of that, I did not receive an email or update in ecas or any changes in MyCIC account to indicate what exact documents they need to continue processing. Later when I received GCMS notes, I noticed that the notes generated date and status change dates are same.

So I sent a case specific enquiry 10 days after status change to My visa office.

Yesterday we got a reply from NDVO (New Delhi visa office) as below.

Please be advised that your application is pending a final review by an officer. At this point in time no additional information is required on your part. Our office will be in touch with the next step in processing once the review is completed.

Conclusion: please expect review of documents status to change to “need more documents” when you order GCMS although you have submitted everything. On a precautionary note, please reach out to CIC by call, case specific enquiry and an email just to be sure.

Thanks!
I dotn agree that this is what prompted the change. Gckey is VERY buggy and isnt reliable. I dont think the two are related. Never did this happen to me when ordering my notes. Just my opinion

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I dotn agree that this is what prompted the change. Gckey is VERY buggy and isnt reliable. I dont think the two are related. Never did this happen to me when ordering my notes. Just my opinion
I tend to agree. Never did I get that in my GCKey account either and I am onto my 3rd set of GCMS notes.

Reactions: starnaenae

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Mine never showed “in progress” unless it did before I ever ordered my notes.

However I called cic yesterday and the agent put me on hold and said “criminality and security are in the final stages”. Hopefully he is correct. I would give it a 50/50 chance lol
I am frustrated by the fact that in my GCKey account, I cannot use the background check in progress as a guide to determine how much longer they are going to take with our app. Since they changed it to in progress over 8 months ago and I don't think it is because my partner has a complicated past ... e.g. never been affiliated with the military, no ties to terrorist groups ... unless they think he is associated with some drug cartel because he is Latino, I doubt there is anything in his past that is warranting 8 months of scrutiny with background checks. Yes we were in 7 different countries in Europe for a period of 3 weeks and other insignificant short vacations in the US and Argentina, however, only as tourists and no crimes committed by either one of us ... Anyways, I am ready to go back to my MP, although I didn't feel they were overly helpful, but I can't stand it sitting around here while my partner burns himself out working 12 hour days because he is afraid to quit his slave-driven job before he gets his PR. I am sure it is just because they have done not a whole lot with his criminality/security checks ... everything they wanted, we gave them upfront or right away. I should have sent in the RCMP report without the request as now from what I read, they likely won't issue PPR until after the 120 days, which won't be until November 21. Also his PCC from Chile is expired on November 13, so I am sure when they finally look at our file again (maybe it won't be until the end of November), then they will ask him to redo it, adding more time onto the process ... arrgggh! End of rant!

SCosta

Oct 30, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi, I was wondering if you have received your notes yet. I applied on September 15th and haven't heard back. I've also sent an email since it's past the 30 day mark but haven't heard back.
Hi, I am in the same situation. I applied on 12th September but haven't heard back. I've sent an email but no response.

Reactions: Tomi2

Tomi2

Apr 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Doc's Request.
30-10-2017 (RCMP requested)
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
Hi, I am in the same situation. I applied on 12th September but haven't heard back. I've sent an email but no response.
Hello,
Where did you send your email to?

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Reactions: Dougmeadows

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Ok somy status says need more documents and it's been 6 months since our interview. I've sent pic, sch A, payments every single thing. What are we supposed to dO!?

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I got gcms notes today. Submitted on Aug 17. Tmrw is interview. Just in time

Reactions: Tomi2

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I am frustrated by the fact that in my GCKey account, I cannot use the background check in progress as a guide to determine how much longer they are going to take with our app. Since they changed it to in progress over 8 months ago and I don't think it is because my partner has a complicated past ... e.g. never been affiliated with the military, no ties to terrorist groups ... unless they think he is associated with some drug cartel because he is Latino, I doubt there is anything in his past that is warranting 8 months of scrutiny with background checks. Yes we were in 7 different countries in Europe for a period of 3 weeks and other insignificant short vacations in the US and Argentina, however, only as tourists and no crimes committed by either one of us ... Anyways, I am ready to go back to my MP, although I didn't feel they were overly helpful, but I can't stand it sitting around here while my partner burns himself out working 12 hour days because he is afraid to quit his slave-driven job before he gets his PR. I am sure it is just because they have done not a whole lot with his criminality/security checks ... everything they wanted, we gave them upfront or right away. I should have sent in the RCMP report without the request as now from what I read, they likely won't issue PPR until after the 120 days, which won't be until November 21. Also his PCC from Chile is expired on November 13, so I am sure when they finally look at our file again (maybe it won't be until the end of November), then they will ask him to redo it, adding more time onto the process ... arrgggh! End of rant!