+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work experience simultaneously with studies

hiteshgrover

May 14, 2018
Hi guys,
I know we need a full time work experience (40 hours per week) in order to count as valid experience.
Now my query is if i do a one year diploma study side by side with my full time job(via distance learning) from a valid University then will my study points also be added?
Would it be any issue in my application as it would be shown that my full time job date and diploma study dates are clashing? I've checked the course and university they're one of the top ones and valid. I am outside of canada (India).

Ankita Gawade

Dec 14, 2021
Hi guys,
I know we need a full time work experience (40 hours per week) in order to count as valid experience.
Now my query is if i do a one year diploma study side by side with my full time job(via distance learning) from a valid University then will my study points also be added?
Would it be any issue in my application as it would be shown that my full time job date and diploma study dates are clashing? I've checked the course and university they're one of the top ones and valid. I am outside of canada (India).
Hi, I have also done BTech, currently working and applying for distance course. Please advice if in case of one year diploma with full time job(distance learning), both are considered or not. I am from India too. Thank you in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have also done BTech, currently working and applying for distance course. Please advice if in case of one year diploma with full time job(distance learning), both are considered or not. I am from India too. Thank you in advance!
Replying to a post from 2018. You can work while studying and count the experience if skilled. For EE you need one year skilled continuous work experience in one NOC.

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Hii ,
I did ame ( aircraft maintenance and engineering course) which is of three years full time ( begain in 2017 and ended on 2021 ( one year extended due covid) ) .

So ,on July 2021 I completed my education from India and on Oct 2021 I got my first job offer from a company located in Nepal .

After 6 months ,since my ame course is considered to be Diploma I decided to enroll for bachelor program in one of Indian university while being in Nepal and doing my full time job in related field.Here I go to university to write exams and submit assignments only ,rest of time I Carry on with my job .

So will the experience and degree both
be considered for express entry in Canada? Or I have to drop one to show genuineness of other .

I had a doubt bcz working in nepal and holding Nepali citizenship , authority may ask how come you do both full time study and work and once ?

Anyone familiar with the case plz enlighten me on this . would be helpful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hii ,
I did ame ( aircraft maintenance and engineering course) which is of three years full time ( begain in 2017 and ended on 2021 ( one year extended due covid) ) .

So ,on July 2021 I completed my education from India and on Oct 2021 I got my first job offer from a company located in Nepal .

After 6 months ,since my ame course is considered to be Diploma I decided to enroll for bachelor program in one of Indian university while being in Nepal and doing my full time job in related field.Here I go to university to write exams and submit assignments only ,rest of time I Carry on with my job .

So will the experience and degree both
be considered for express entry in Canada? Or I have to drop one to show genuineness of other .

I had a doubt bcz working in nepal and holding Nepali citizenship , authority may ask how come you do both full time study and work and once ?

Anyone familiar with the case plz enlighten me on this . would be helpful.
Please don't multi post the same question. Wait for a response. You can include your work experience during your studies.

Reactions: Tulsi

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Please don't multi post the same question. Wait for a response. You can include your work experience during your studies.
Okay thanks. Now onwards I won't be doing so.
Actually my bachelor's is lateral entry ,AME course credit will be transferred to my bachelor's progam and I will be able to complete in short span of time . So , it won't be issue right ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay thanks. Now onwards I won't be doing so.
Actually my bachelor's is lateral entry ,AME course credit will be transferred to my bachelor's progam and I will be able to complete in short span of time . So , it won't be issue right ?
No.