+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
zabirhussain said:
Hi. My file was received on 9th may at 10:23AM. I have not heard anything yet. Could you please tell me till how long I need to wait for PER. I sent DD. Please help me as I am new in this forum.
Looks like they haven't yet started cashing DD for 9th May yet. Mine is 9th and Is DD too. No news so far. Banks said DD is still outstanding, and nothing on ECAS.

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
patelbhavik said:
To all the Applicants who have opted for DD as payment mode and are from INDIA. Dont bother for validity, because the international DD issued has validity for 6 months by default if you havent choose the validity for lesser period. I have confirmed the same from HDFC bank my DD is from HDFC Bank.
Still you can check with your banker.
Thanks.....
I am from India and i have opted dd as my payment from HDFC which has "The Bank of Nova Scotia" on it.

Is it valid for 6 months? On the cheque nothing is mentioned anything like till how many months it is valid for nor did i mentioned them any validity.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk2ca said:
Hi all,

my brother has applied to FSW 2014 program. His application reached CIO at June 16. Now he realized that he only included the ECA report and not the photocopies of the educational documents. Now does it means the application is coming back ? or is there a change that application can go through? and if it is coming back, what are the chances as of now. Can he send the educational documents now to be added to the original application ?

many thanks,
It is coming back and we have already seen one returned this year for this reason.

You can try to add documents to your application now but the chance of success is low. Slightly higher if you have a UCI.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TangoCharlie1234 said:
I dont think this would be that BIG ISSUE, CIC anyhow does not rely on photocopies, all they need is ECA report from WES to rely on what you have done and is that in line with canadian edcuation :) Hope this helps, keep calm
Not true, unfortunately. Photocopies of degrees are a required document along with the ECA, and we have already seen one application returned this year because it was not included.

immigrationland

May 18, 2014
Oscar7 said:
[size=9pt] If a DD does not have it specifically printed on it saying "validity of three months" then it is valid for 6 months. That is a standard practice. Such DDs are never risky but CCs can be risky at times.

Q: What is Foreign Bank Draft?

A: a check

Q: When does bank draft expire?

A: a six month expiry date

Q: What for bank draft?

A: A Demand Draft is a fixed value monetary instrument that is made out in cases where in the party that is receiving a payment for a service wants a guarantee that funds would be available when they try (unlike a cheque/check which can bounce due to lack of funds) to cash it. So to help in such a situation, we have demand drafts. When a draft is taken, the customer taking it will pay the money upfront, so there is no way a draft gets rejected or not paid. Mostly drafts are used when you apply for a college exam or study course etc. where the colleges cannot track if your check bounces.

Source: http://www.answers.com/mt/bank-draft

Some members in this group are telling that DD is valid for 3 months and some are telling that DD is valid for 6 months.

Is the validity printed for 3 months validity DDs

Is there anyone in this group has validity of 6 months written on the DD

plz share info

one member in this group had mentioned that, while taking the DD the bank told that it is valid for 6 months and after submiting the documents he came to know that it is only valid for 3 months - I dont want to be in trouble so iam asking this question

plz suggest

thanks

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
future_canadian said:
Not true, unfortunately. Photocopies of degrees are a required document along with the ECA, and we have already seen one application returned this year because it was not included.
Second that.

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Hi Guys, a quick help please..

I had to change my cell phone number for unavoidable reasons and therefore I am looking to update my FSW application with the new number. Is there a way to do it?

I am in Toronto, Canada and my application reached CIC on 9th May. My CC still has not been charged. Should I be okay without the new cell phone number or is it really important that I get it updated?

My email and address is still there though..

Thanks.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zabirhussain said:
Hi. My file was received on 9th may at 10:23AM. I have not heard anything yet. Could you please tell me till how long I need to wait for PER. I sent DD. Please help me as I am new in this forum.
Try to find out if/when your DD was cashed. They are still working on 9th May so don't worry. Nobody knows when PERs will arrive as there is a backlog and nobody has received one even from 7th May.

tknova

Apr 26, 2014
future_canadian said:
I guess you don't know what happened in 2010?
Well the key thing is that it is not completely dead because they are still charging money.

#wishfulthinking What I am suspecting more is that they are doing a more comprehensive check at CIO level, so that Visa Office is able to move on faster with it -- that also gives visa offices some breathing room to finish up the older applications. #wishfulthinking

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Sweetalker said:
Hi Guys, a quick help please..

I had to change my cell phone number for unavoidable reasons and therefore I am looking to update my FSW application with the new number. Is there a way to do it?

I am in Toronto, Canada and my application reached CIC on 9th May. My CC still has not been charged. Should I be okay without the new cell phone number or is it really important that I get it updated?

My email and address is still there though..

Thanks.
Its needed at later stage incase if they want to confirm few things with you but other than that its not needed. Once you receive File no. update them with your new cellphone details.

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Goku said:
Second that.
this is correct.. 100%..
apart from ECA your educational transcripts or marksheets are also needed in copies.

Your VO needs to be really, and I mean really loose and carefree to let that go. Slim chance. Sorry. You gotta try and update the documents but still a slim chance.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashesh said:
Hello All,

I hope to find you in the best of your health and fine spirits. I am also one of your fellow applications for FSW program 2014. I am looking forward to apply in 1113 skill code. I had requested my educational evaluation from WES last month on 17th June, the update on the website now states that they have dispatched the report yesterday, so it should be available to me in the next 2-3 days.

Meanwhile, I have prepared for my documentation for the final application in the code 1113 and as per the update on their website there is not even 1 application in this code. I dont know what is the updation date, but whatever it is it states ZERO. So I am hoping that my application should find some space in the code and they accept my application within the budgeted 1000 applications this time :-X

I have certain queries with regards to my final documentation which I request for definite answers so that I may send my application at the earliest

1. My total score considering my as is application status is exact 67 which is a little risky as even one point here/there can spoil the complete application, if that happened what is the remedy / way out can anyone suggest? Look through the criteria and see if there's any other way you can get points, especially under adaptability. But don't worry if you make 67 you are good.

2. With regards to my work experience, i have a total work experience of over 9 years however the relavant work experience required for this skill code is less than 5 years, hence I am loosing a couple of point there. However I understand from somewhere on the Internet that I can also claim points for my total work experience other than this skill code also, If so then how?? what is the process / additional documentation required for claiming the points for the other work experience. Just get employer reference letters for all your experience, there is no special procedure to claim points for experience outside your NOC, you will get it automatically.

3. With regards to proof of funds, since i am a single applicant, i have to prove the funds equivalent to CAD 12000 in my accounts. With regards to these proofs I have certain questions which require your expert advice

a. Is employee provident fund account balance counted under this requirement? if so then what documentation is required to prove the funds in this account. I have an original statement signed & stamped by the HR of my organisation stating the balances in my EPF account. Will this statement suffice? As long as you can withdraw the funds at your discretion then yes they can be used. Your documentation is fine.

b. With regards to my bank account balances, I have acquired the bank statements from all my bank accounts for past 1 & half years (downloaded from Internet) printed and stamped by the respective banks. Please let me know if there is any other document required as a proof of balance in these accounts? You are beyond good here, very thorough.

c. Since the balances stated above are not sufficient, I have certain insurance policies for which I have acquired the statements showing the surrender value of the insurance. These statements are also originally stamped by the respective insurance companies, please let me know will this suffice or any other documentation is required? Yes that's fine.

d. I have also acquired my Mutual funds statements showing the current balances, these statements are photocopy of the original statements available with me. Please let me know if this suffice or any further document is required? Fine.

Your prompt response to the above queries will be much appreciated basis which I may take my application ahead.

Thanks
Ashesh

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Goku said:
Its needed at later stage incase if they want to confirm few things with you but other than that its not needed. Once you receive File no. update them with your new cellphone details.
Thanks. I already have a UCI as I am a student here in Toronto.
Can I update my cell phone number right now ?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tknova said:
Well the key thing is that it is not completely dead because they are still charging money.

#wishfulthinking What I am suspecting more is that they are doing a more comprehensive check at CIO level, so that Visa Office is able to move on faster with it -- that also gives visa offices some breathing room to finish up the older applications. #wishfulthinking
The problem with your wishful thinking is that until 7th May applicants got PERs in 1-2 weeks, we are now on 6 weeks for some 7th May people! It doesn't make sense unless they changed their procedure mid-stream, which I doubt.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Sweetalker said:
Thanks. I already have a UCI as I am a student here in Toronto.
Can I update my cell phone number right now ?
No you cant. As far as I remember the only place we mentioned our cell phone no is on Generic form. So wait till you get PER, once you receive PER update them with your cellphone. Rightnow, UCI is of no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.