+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek2629

Star Member
May 26, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014 ( PER )
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
Processing Started 20-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015 3rd line updated 17th Feb'15 that's what I checked it can be before that as well
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-05-2015
Hello can anyone please tell me that how many points does Ielts scoring gets
L-9, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7.
Also want to know that one of my friend has done Masters from Sikkim Manipal University from India. Is this university approved by WES???
Comments are highly appreciated.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
abhishek2629 said:
L-9, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7.
Also want to know that one of my friend has done Masters from Sikkim Manipal University from India. Is this university approved by WES???
I doubt about sikkim manipal uni.... For IELTS sure its above 20 points for that result...below link will give you an idea.

CLB Level 9
Listening: over 7.5
Reading: over 6.5
Writing: over 6.5
Speaking: over 6.5

CLB Level 8
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 6.5

CLB Level 7
Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 6.0
Speaking: 6.0

Points are:
IELTS
There is a minimum threshold in each of the four factors for scoring on the IELTS test. Initially these are set at CLB 7 which equates to IELTS of 6 for each factor*. For Immigration Canada reference see OP25.
4 Points Speak = 6 Listen = 6 Read = 6 Write = 6
5 Points Speak = 6.5 Listen = 7.5 Read = 6.5 Write = 6.5
6 Points Speak = 7 Listen = 8 Read = 7 Write =7
If you do not score 6-6-6-6 on IELTS you are ineligible for further processing of your application.

for further details click below link

http://www.newroots.ca/new_independent.htm

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
abhishek2629 said:
L-9, R-6.5, W-7.5, S-7.
23 points for IELTS.
Point S/R/W L
4 6 6
5 6.5 7.5
6 7 8

Don't know the answer about your 2nd question.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
chasinglight said:
Hi everyone

I'm applying under the 2014 FSW. I have received my ECA, gathered most of my documents. I'm just waiting on my English proficiency results to come in the mail and my boss shall do my reference letter this week and I have a few questions/concerns I would appreciate help/advice with.

1. For sections on the app that don't apply to me e.g have you received your certificat de selection du quebec or use of a representative on the document checklist and dependents info. Do i just leave that blank or put N/A?

2. On the generic application form question 6. Where do you intend to live in Canada? Does the city/province you select have any impact on the decision? I would like to settle in Toronto but I was a told a story by a friend about someone they know being rejected because they wanted to settle in Toronto and that there were too many people in their field in Toronto. Has anyone else here heard stories or know of stories like that. I would ideally like to settle in Toronto but I am open to living wherever I find a job. However when I look online most jobs I see are in Toronto! Any seniors with insight on this?

3. National Identity Document. Does a foreign drivers license count? my drivers license expires on September 30th this year. Would that be a problem?

4. Education/Occupation Detail question 4 - Intended occupation. My category is fairly broad 0015 senior managers. My job right now is as an operations manager but I can work in many different positions. Do I just put senior manager as my intended occupation or do I have to be more specific like operations manager or general manager etc.

5. Proof of education - I have my ECA from World Education services and a copy of my degree from My college. I however don't have a copy of my transcript do I absolutely need this as it will take time to get. Has anyone gotten PR without sending their transcript?

6. Work experience - does including pay slips help my case if I have already included a reference letter and a copy of my contract is that enough? if so how many slips should i send. I just one enough? is their an ideal format for the reference letter?

7. Cover letter - are these beneficial. What info should it include?

Schedule 3 question 5. I'm not going under arranged employment so do i leave question five blank or do I tick no?

I know these are a lot of questions but I want my application to be perfect. any help and insight would be appreciated.

thanks
1.You can leave it blank or use black pen to write not applicable.
2.The province does not have impact on your application.......you can change it or land elsewhere later.
3.National identity is not compulsory.....I suggest you leave it blank as it does not affect you positively or negatively.
4.You can put operation manager.
4.Please make sure your original ECA evaluation report is included and your photocopy of your degree/diplomatic certificate......transcripts inclusion is optional.
6.If the payslips are available.....any quantities will do.......its not compulsory.
7.Cover letters are needed only if you want to clarify some things or information ......it's not compulsory .
8.Pick no in q3 and q5.
All the best.
Cheers.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloyrine said:
Dear all

I am in the midst of processing my employment reference letters and I have some concerns hoping can anyone in this group can provide me with some helpful advise...I badly need this urgently

1. My 1st employer was in 2004-2006 the company was sold I think 4-5years ago, I can print the reference letter in company letter head with the help of my ex boss before. The letter head shows the company's contact number & fax I doubt it can be contacted however the letter indicated my ex boss personal hand phone. I am so worried CIC will call the company number if they require further info. What do you think? It's always possible they'll call to verify. Even if not, you should never make something appear to be other than as it really is because that is a misrepresentation and if they find out it is an automatic rejection. The easy solution is for your ex-boss to write a personal letter instead, and explain that the company has been sold and contacts and records are no longer available. If you have any other supporting documentation you can provide it as well. This is not a fatal defect; CIC has seen many applicants whose former employers no longer exist.

2. Is it necessary to put a date on the reference letter? Yes If yes, given the above situation can I back dated the work reference letter? No, that is a misrepresentation.

3. Is it a must to put the NOC number in each reference letter? No. Your letter writers probably don't know the NOC system and are not in a position to judge which NOC you fit into. Having letter writers mention an NOC seems inauthentic to me. Just have them describe your duties; CIC will fit you into the NOC.

4. My second job was very very short it's only for 3months as I am leaving my homeland soon and under agency. I don't have the pay slip nor my contract with me but I do have a certification of employment hence it doesn't show the total working hours, benefits, detailed duties & responsibilities. Can I just submit my employment certification? Or can I just ignore it as the 3months makes no diff with the points I will got h You can't leave a gap in time so you will at least need to disclose this employment. If you can't get anything from that company or an ex-boss just explain why and provide whatever documentation you can. It's not a problem. Don't expect points for it though.

5. My third company was liquidated last 2years ago but same thing with my 1st company I can get my ex boss to print & sign the reference letter in company's letter head. Can I just provide my ex boss' mobile number? See answers above.

6. My current employer is okay except that my direct reporting manager was the Finance Director but she left the company. For 3-4months I am reporting directly to the CEO then we hired new Finance Manager. Usually our CEO/MD signed the reference letter and put the HR in charge as the contact person. In this scenario who shall I get to sign my letter? Actually my CEO has left the company last year and he is willing to sign the letter for me. Any insight please? The problem with getting your CEO who has left the company to write the letter is that he can no longer sign on company letterhead. It's always better if the letter comes from the company. Choose a letter writer who is willing to work with you on it and who is in a position to know your duties. If it's a fairly new person, they can explain how they know your history--maybe they underwent training and personnel briefings or something. Either way, just choose an honest way to get your point across and you will be fine.

Appreciate you inputs & advice ☺

Thanks & good luck to all!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrs_fca said:
Hi dear! I don't think you need to show some funds since you are employed in Canada. Here is a quote from the instruction guide:

Note: Persons with arranged employment in Canada who are already authorized to work in Canada on a work permit do not have to meet the minimum funds requirement.
But the question is whether this poster has arranged employment for the future, when the work permit ends and the PR begins.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erin22 said:
Hi.. I am just wondering, what are my chances of being successful.. I am really worried because a lot of people said that if you are SINGLE,, the chance is very low.

I am 25 years old, Single. Good financial background. Registered Nurse in the Philippines.
No job offer.
IELTS score is above average
Registered Nurse in the Philippines
Documents are complete
Application received on June 2, 2014.
Where did you hear that? If you make the pass mark you stand a good chance.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
kollins said:
1.You can leave it blank or use black pen to write not applicable.
2.The province does not have impact on your application.......you can change it or land elsewhere later.
3.National identity is not compulsory.....I suggest you leave it blank as it does not affect you positively or negatively.
4.You can put operation manager.
4.Please make sure your original ECA evaluation report is included and your photocopy of your degree/diplomatic 5ertificate......transcripts conclusion is optional.
6.If the payslips are available.....any quantities will do.......its not compulsory.
7.Cover letters are needed only if you want to clarify something's or information ......it's not compulsory .
8.Pick no in q3 and q5.
All the best.
Cheers.
+1 mate for going through long long queries and responding those. 8) 8)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishal shrestha said:
Experts, i wanna know that if one had her two sorts of higher secondary degree (one in 2 years management stream and another is 3 years of vocational training on Nursing), will this multiple degree on higher secondary level add some advantage on credential assessment?? Further, she has done 2 years Bachelor's in Nursing, so what is the total point??
It depends on how they are assessed. If they are assessed as both Canadian post-secondary program credential equivalents, one of which 3 years or longer, it's 22 points. This seems most likely.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
nelkyl said:
Hi,
What is DD ? A bank check ?
Yes, a check drawn on a bank. Demand Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.