+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nir_sar

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks Century.

But I remember using the link which stated "For FSWP application" start here....
Not sure why this was not considered when I chose that option.
I will get it updated right away....

Do I need to apply under the duplicate copy category or should I re-apply all over again??

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ack1990 said:
If it is a non-eligible class occupation, your total count is 1.5 yrs and you get 9 points for that I believe.
NOT TRUE. Any experience at skill type 0 or skill level A or B will earn points even if not in any eligible NOC. 4 years is 13 points.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CAJan said:
Thanks for your reply!

I read somewhere that it is only a criterion of having 1 year continuous experience in an eligible NOC to be eligible for the FSW program but that all work experience in NOC classes 0, A and B will be considered towards your work experience points.

However, I cannot find this statement anymore.

Can anyone of the seniors confirm what is correct and point me to the official statement? Thanks! :)
You are correct.

ruchill

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hi all

Anyone's DD got Encashed for 6th May applications. .?? Noc 1114

I have seen posts for CC getting charged but no updation on Demand Drafts encashment..??

Guys plz update.. :'( ::)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
nir_sar said:
Thanks Century.

But I remember using the link which stated "For FSWP application" start here....
Not sure why this was not considered when I chose that option.
I will get it updated right away....

Do I need to apply under the duplicate copy category or should I re-apply all over again??
You click Apply Now --> click get start --> log in with "Already Have an Account?" section. From there, you should be able to upgrade it.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ack1990 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

Go through section 6.3 and 11.3
Correct, but the document does not support your point. To quote:

6.3:

Work experience... in one or more occupations at Skill Type 0, skill level A or skill level B...
11.3:

to be eligible for points, the applicant's work experience must...

. Have been acquired in occupations listed at skill type 0, skill level A or skill level B...

mamacoded

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Sept
Doc's Request.
05/02/2015
Nomination.....
29th Dec
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/02/2015
Interview........
meds updated on ECAS 15/04/2015 DM according to ECAS 8th May
Passport Req..
14/05/2015, Passport received at CPC - May 19
VISA ISSUED...
visa received May 28
LANDED..........
29/05/2015
Still no DDs cashed yet from Accra !

Any NOC 1111 with DD charge or PER yet?

This anxiety is becoming unbearable!

Congrats to all who have started their journeys ! Hope to join you soon.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edvrfn said:
So sad happening this to anyone.
Responsibilities do not need to match 100%, even 25% would do. Did you have the reference letter in proper detail. Brief lines might not represent your case fully. Try to analyze your documents for clue, correct the mistake and reapply ASAP. Best of luck.
What is your basis for saying that even 25% would do?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the consensus on the board seems to be about 60%.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
mamacoded said:
Still no DDs cashed yet from Accra ! javascript:void(0);
This anxiety is becoming unbearable!

Congrats to all who have started their journeys !
Hey, if nobody's DD is not encashed, it means you are very much in the race. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

mamacoded

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Sept
Doc's Request.
05/02/2015
Nomination.....
29th Dec
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/02/2015
Interview........
meds updated on ECAS 15/04/2015 DM according to ECAS 8th May
Passport Req..
14/05/2015, Passport received at CPC - May 19
VISA ISSUED...
visa received May 28
LANDED..........
29/05/2015
Thanks Century.

Just having some nerve attack.

Lets keep fingers crossed.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_2014 said:
In my opinion I thought the job duties matched; this is in my letter (sorry its long)
-Provision of advice and recommendations to Regional Director on the strategic business planning and forecasting across all business streams (GPF & FCR) for the region
-Analysing regional performance and underlying local and sector performance, reporting variances and advising on corrective action.
-Establishing a cross communication channel with the Regional Accounting & Finance Manager, & Supporting him in managing the relationship between the countries & the AS hub.
-Act as a project manager for any future finance restructuring & efficiency Projects.
-Consolidating and coordinating the local business risk framework reviews on behalf of Regional Director and making an assessment of risk against the corporate risk categories for the region as a whole.
-Member of Regional Management Team with responsibility for ensuring Regional Management Team's agenda is consistent with planning and review timetable and supported with relevant information.
-Manage the Tax and Status Project.
-Review the regional scorecard results in cooperation with the regional score card coordinator and try to allows project impact to be reported along with project costs by linking the financial and non-financial performance.
-Ensuring effective management of the cash flow planning & forecast under regional control

NOC 1112 is financial analyst - these are the job duties they have online ( I do all of them, but the wording is different!! I guess it has to be word-for-word)
:(
Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations

Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance

Analyze investment projects

Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender

Follow up on financing projects with financial backers

Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
Please note 1112 has two different jobs, financial analyst and investment analyst. You can match either one, you are not expected to match both.

Go ahead and apply under 1111 too, but you need all the documents and a new fee payment. I don't think you need a new original IELTS because CIC has your old one and you can provide a letter and a copy of the rejection you just got. Seniors please confirm.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can_2014 said:
In my opinion I thought the job duties matched; this is in my letter (sorry its long)
-Provision of advice and recommendations to Regional Director on the strategic business planning and forecasting across all business streams (GPF & FCR) for the region
-Analysing regional performance and underlying local and sector performance, reporting variances and advising on corrective action.
-Establishing a cross communication channel with the Regional Accounting & Finance Manager, & Supporting him in managing the relationship between the countries & the AS hub.
-Act as a project manager for any future finance restructuring & efficiency Projects.
-Consolidating and coordinating the local business risk framework reviews on behalf of Regional Director and making an assessment of risk against the corporate risk categories for the region as a whole.
-Member of Regional Management Team with responsibility for ensuring Regional Management Team's agenda is consistent with planning and review timetable and supported with relevant information.
-Manage the Tax and Status Project.
-Review the regional scorecard results in cooperation with the regional score card coordinator and try to allows project impact to be reported along with project costs by linking the financial and non-financial performance.
-Ensuring effective management of the cash flow planning & forecast under regional control

NOC 1112 is financial analyst - these are the job duties they have online ( I do all of them, but the wording is different!! I guess it has to be word-for-word)
:(
Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations

Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance

Analyze investment projects

Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender

Follow up on financing projects with financial backers

Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
Another thing is the reviewer may simply not have understood. A person not knowledgeable in finance would not understand what was in that letter! Be more explicit.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sverma495 said:
Sorry to hear bro .. But what you mentioned .. I concluded that one should not mention roles and resp in so detail as you did, 1 or 2 points are ok but you have mentioned mainly all the long ones.

Secondly it should be short and 60-70% same as exactly what mentioned in hrsdc..!!
I disagree. For a profession like finance and IT that the average person who is not in that field may not understand, explaining things is a good idea. Also the letter should not be too verbatim what is in the NOC. Cut and paste jobs are not looked upon favorably.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivianQQ said:
I knew someone applied for 2174 got charged today for sure. His application was received on 7th May. Just relax!
How do you know? Get that person to come on the forum and update the spreadsheet. :)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kewlCanada said:
I suspect that is not the case because lot of 6th May applicants , they cant jump !!
Not true. The spreadsheet in many NOCs has already seen examples of some later dates being charged while earlier dates are not. There is some variance.

Status
Not open for further replies.