+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
randev said:
I've noted some people opining on this forum that it will take more time for NOC 1112 to fill up as many other finance related categories have opened up this year. I disagree! While many finance related categories have indeed opened up the jobs are very different and job duties hardly overlap.

For example, NOC 1111 is an accounting and auditors. To be an accountant or an auditor you need to either study accounting in a university or college or have a professional designation in the field (CPA, CMA, etc) and have at least a couple of years of experience (NOTE to apply for FSW, though, you need only 1 years' experience)

NOC 1112, on the other hand, entails either either financial analysis in a company (budgeting, forecasting revenue growth), or investment analysis (analyzing stocks, bonds,etc) in an investment bank or brokerage

NOC 1112 is very different from the duties NOC 1113 - brokers and dealers. Brokers and dealers serve as intermediaries between buyers and sellers and engage in market making (offering to buy and sell stocks and bonds based on market movements). They also do things like helping clients finance their stock purchases, etc.

What I say above is reflected in the number of applications sent according to the spreadsheet as well. 1112 has 101 applicants, whereas 1111 and 1113 have 24 and 4 applications, respectively.

So, what I am trying to say is that don't get into a false sense of ease or complacency thinking that because more finance related fields are opened up this year, people are going to apply to other occupations. If you have worked as an financial analyst, you simply can't pretend that you have worked as an account or broker!
Dear Randev brother,

absolutely right!

I second u....

But the thing is that during FSW13, there was only one accounting related NOC that is 1112...

So ppl of different experience-- having relatively less experience of 1112 were tried to apply (or successfully applied). Becoz it was very nontransparent from CIC that will they open more FSW opening on upcoming yr/ whether their NOC will exist or not... ..

But in this year, applicants dont have to worry about the NOC...they are now following exact and best matches of their NOC...for this reason there might have less rush compare to prev yr...:)

Good luck 1112 applicants!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
ashif_eee said:
Dear Randev brother,

absolutely right!

I second u....

But the thing is that during FSW13, there was only one accounting related NOC that is 1112...

So ppl of different experience-- having relatively less experience of 1112 were tried to apply (or successfully applied). Becoz it was very nontransparent from CIC that will they open more FSW opening on upcoming yr/ whether their NOC will exist or not... ..

But in this year, applicants dont have to worry about the NOC...they are now following exact and best matches of their NOC...for this reason there might have less rush compare to prev yr...:)

Good luck 1112 applicants!
You are absolutely correct. This poor man named Century last year applied at 1112, this year 0111.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok.. good luck for IELTS !
Aim for atleast 23 or 24 points :)

Form Schedule 3.

nishesh3003 said:
I shall require a score of 21 in IELTS if work ex is 13. Waiting for my IELTS score as we speak. Which IMM form are you referring to ? Can you please specify ?

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
randev said:
I've noted some people opining on this forum that it will take more time for NOC 1112 to fill up as many other finance related categories have opened up this year. I disagree! While many finance related categories have indeed opened up the jobs are very different and job duties hardly overlap.

For example, NOC 1111 is an accounting and auditors. To be an accountant or an auditor you need to either study accounting in a university or college or have a professional designation in the field (CPA, CMA, etc) and have at least a couple of years of experience (NOTE to apply for FSW, though, you need only 1 years' experience)

NOC 1112, on the other hand, entails either either financial analysis in a company (budgeting, forecasting revenue growth), or investment analysis (analyzing stocks, bonds,etc) in an investment bank or brokerage

NOC 1112 is very different from the duties NOC 1113 - brokers and dealers. Brokers and dealers serve as intermediaries between buyers and sellers and engage in market making (offering to buy and sell stocks and bonds based on market movements). They also do things like helping clients finance their stock purchases, etc.

What I say above is reflected in the number of applications sent according to the spreadsheet as well. 1112 has 101 applicants, whereas 1111 and 1113 have 24 and 4 applications, respectively.

So, what I am trying to say is that don't get into a false sense of ease or complacency thinking that because more finance related fields are opened up this year, people are going to apply to other occupations. If you have worked as an financial analyst, you simply can't pretend that you have worked as an account or broker!

Thanks randev, for your reply. Your post is reasonable and I agree with most of it.

However please note that someone could have worked as a financial analyst and as a financial manager in their career. So ideally they could apply in either of the NOCs 1112 and/ or 0111, now that both are available options. An MBA would be fine for both these NOCs i.e. both NOCs have the same educational requirement as well.

Similarly there are a few other combinations possible for other hot NOCs now that a lot of NOCs have opened up. Also please note that one can change their careers post a grad school degree (or otherwise too), and more NOC options open up that way as well.

Happy to be corrected. Cheers!

TANSAM

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
is there a way I can know whether the DD has been en-cashed or not.

And do they first withdraw the DD and take decision on the application.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vijayanand said:
If have worked in 3 organizations, can i submit affidavit in lieu of reference letter for roles and responsibilities of only 1 company which matches the NOC i'm applying (instead of getting affidavit forall 3 organizations) ?

For claiming NOC Eligibility, make more effort & try to get letter from Supervisor/ peers etc, Self- Affidavit will be risky for NOC - no guarantee. Also, keep checking the thread as CIO process more Applications for any feedback/ individual exp/ Acceptance/ rejections etc

For claiming 6+ years experience, i will submit appointment letter, experience letter, paystubs of all 3 organizations.
Final decision is subject to satisfaction of V O from above documents 8)

rorita13

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-11-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITh APP.
File Transfer...
18-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
17-01-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-2015 /Passports received 21-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
hi seniors
im in the last stage of finalizing my application package, but when i went to my bank to request a Bank Draft,they asked me for the name and address of the bank on which it should be drawn.anyone knows what it should be?

i know that it should be addressed to the "Receiver General for Canada" but they need the additional info.
please help

thanks for replies

indresh83

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
sent medicals done for SP on 19-03-2015
Hello admins,

Just observed in my entry in the spreadsheet....please edit my entry to indresh83 from ibhatia.. I am not sure how to edit it..

thanks...

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
You are absolutely correct. This poor man named Century last year applied at 1112, this year 0111.

Hahaha, Century you are not the only one in this boat. I know more such cases. But thanks for sharing exactly what I was trying to convey to our friends here.

Of course that does not mean one should purposely delay / relax in sending their application. Don't think any one purposely does that.

Anil Ch

May 4, 2014
Can we have any way to cross check with The Royal Bank Of Canada... to find the the DD enchased or not.. Thankss.....

bijoy_16

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Dhaka
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjg1987 said:
1. Not necessary to send original. Since you have two you can send.

2.Leave it unbound means leave it unbound , do not need to use paper clip to separate the form. Use paper clips to attach photos and DD

3.Not necessary, but its fine. Any translated copy must be notarized, furnished with affidavit from translator, certified copy of the original and the actual translation

4.ok

5.ok

6.Bar code pages on top , then you can arrange as per document checklist

Don't forget to include the checklist itself and sign all the necessary forms.

All the best.
Thanks. About bar code page, which one should be on top, generic form last page with signature and date of the second last page contain only bar codes. Should I put it before document check list or after document check list page?

Thanks for your cooperation.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
TANSAM said:
is there a way I can know whether the DD has been en-cashed or not.

And do they first withdraw the DD and take decision on the application.
Brother,

Contact with ur local bank with the DD ref number....

And usually taking PER decision they attempt to encash for DD..:)

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
rorita13 said:
hi seniors
im in the last stage of finalizing my application package, but when i went to my bank to request a Bank Draft,they asked me for the name and address of the bank on which it should be drawn.anyone knows what it should be?

i know that it should be addressed to the "Receiver General for Canada" but they need the additional info.
please help

thanks for replies
Buddy,

U can tell them that bank will be :

"Royal Bank Of Canada"
180 WELLINGTON ST W- 8TH FLOOR
TORONTO

Also check my Bank Draft:

Hope this will help...:D

Anil Ch

May 4, 2014
I have processed through a consultancy. How can i know about the PER decision taken or not. My personal email id is mentioned in application. Will i get any update through mail (or) my consultancy only will get an update. Kindly clarify..Thanks....

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Anil Ch said:
I have processed through a consultancy. How can i know about the PER decision taken or not. My personal email id is mentioned in application. Will i get any update through mail (or) my consultancy only will get an update. Kindly clarify..Thanks....
Dear Anil brother,

They will communicate with the email ID given on the Generic Application form.

If ur ID is given on there, then u will be given CIC emails...

Just wait a bit more... ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.