+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
This is my refusal letter from CIC in 2011.
Just personal experience.
Once i complete my 6th Week, i would call CIC call centre for update. I have done that before in 2011. Hopefully wld work this time even. Last time I called they had provided me with my UCI even before this letter.

amar31282 said:
Good stock of information.. :eek:

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
prince_of_darkness said:
This is my refusal letter from CIC in 2011.
Just personal experience.
Once i complete my 6th Week, i would call CIC call centre for update. I have done that before in 2011. Hopefully wld work this time even. Last time I called they had provided me with my UCI even before this letter.
Can you get your current file status via UCI [like PER etc etc?]

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
jigzyy said:
No. Wait at least 70 days [2011 timeline] and then call.
Jigzyy - I guess people can wait as long as they want but they are entitled to call after 6 weeks. In any case, calling CIC will not fasten the processing of your application; it will just give you a status update which were are all expecting to hear...

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Vats said:
and what about the "STRIKE" ? ? ? ? ?
that may also affect the duration?
Strike may or may not affect the initial screening at CIO. But my understanding is that the strike action is happening outside canada i.e. at the local visa offices. Therefore, theoretically, the strike should only affect the process once your file has been forwarded on. However, we are in no position to know for sure! Happy waiting...

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
JohnnyZee said:
Jigzyy - I guess people can wait as long as they want but they are entitled to call after 6 weeks. In any case, calling CIC will not fasten the processing of your application; it will just give you a status update which were are all expecting to hear...
Actually after prince_of_darkness message about getting UCI from CIC after 6 weeks changed my mind ;) I might call Monday / Tuesday as no use calling on Friday when I will complete my 6th week.

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
jigzyy said:
Actually after prince_of_darkness message about getting UCI from CIC after 6 weeks changed my mind ;) I might call Monday / Tuesday as no use calling on Friday when I will complete my 6th week.
yup, it is worth calling. We shall await your response...

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
JohnnyZee said:
Strike may or may not affect the initial screening at CIO. But my understanding is that the strike action is happening outside canada i.e. at the local visa offices. Therefore, theoretically, the strike should only affect the process once your file has been forwarded on. However, we are in no position to know for sure! Happy waiting...
True, its the Visa Officers / VO outside Canada that are on strike about the pay raise to match Canadian VO / Similar positioned employee. So CIO is not affected with this.

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
yes when i logged into ECAS with my UCI, it says no data is present. . So i guess I would be assigned a new UCI.
Jigzy, do call them, I did get my UCI before even my letter. It helps.
jigzyy said:
Can you get your current file status via UCI [like PER etc etc?]

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prince_of_darkness said:
I have just copied and pasted it from my email .
FSW-Centralized_Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca>
to: "xxx @ GMAIL.COM" <Ixxx @ gmail.com>
date: Mon, Aug 8, 20xx at 3:55 PM
subject: Application for Permanent Residence in Canada
mailed-by: cic.gc.ca
and below is the full refusal letter

FEDERAL SKILLED WORKEr

CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE

P.O. BOX 7500

SYDNEY, NS B1P 0A9

Applicants Name
Address

8 August 20xx

UCI: 6xxxxxxx
*6xxxxxx*

Application: E000ytytytt
*E00006ytuyyt*

Dear Applicants Name:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.

Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada's official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

Points assessed
Maximum
Education
Official language proficiency
Arranged employment
Experience
Adaptability
TOTAL

You have obtained insufficient points to qualify for immigration to Canada, the minimum requirement being 67 points.

You were assigned 20 points for your educational credential at the Bachelor degree level. Although your Masters degree was on file, transcripts were not on file to confirm the number of years of education.

You were assigned 14 points for your official language proficiency. This assessment was based upon the language results on file. No points were assigned for your second official language.

No points were assigned for arranged employment.

You were assigned 17 points for 2 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with yyyy from March 1, 2006 to September 6, 2007 and xxxx London from April 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010. No points were assigned for work experience listed on schedule 3 of your application that was not supported by employment documentation indicating your main duties and period of employment in that occupation.

No points were assigned for adaptability.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

AQS
Program Support Officer
Immigration Section
Case Processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia

So what went wrong?! you miscalculated your points or they just ignored some of your mentioned experience as it was not documented?!!
61 is so much less than required, i don't think you just sent the documents while you knew your score was 61, right?! ;)

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
prince_of_darkness said:
yes when i logged into ECAS with my UCI, it says no data is present. . So i guess I would be assigned a new UCI.
Jigzy, do call them, I did get my UCI before even my letter. It helps.
Just to confirm, your CC had already been charged and hence you got the UCI when you called? Trying to make it as clear as possible for our fellow forum members. In FSW 2013, no one has yet reported a CC charge. Therefore, they should not have false expectations about UCI when they call CIC after six weeks...

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
They didnt provide me points for my adaptability ( I did provide my sisters PR card , they required bills and other stuffs as well. though the document checklist at that time did not mention that,
I had provided my masters degree, which they returned saying I needed to provide my Transcripts to ascertain my length of course for Masters.
I did provide my accountants letter as I was self employed , but they were not happy so didnt calculate my points .
Freebird_76 said:
So what went wrong?! you miscalculated your points or they just ignored some of your mentioned experience as it was not documented?!!
61 is so much less than required, i don't think you just sent the documents while you knew your score was 61, right?! ;)

prince_of_darkness

May 15, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Yes free bird,

My CC was already charged by that time. it was charged within 1 to 1.5 months at that time vaguely. to be sure yes before i called them it was charged defo.

JohnnyZee said:
Just to confirm, your CC had already been charged and hence you got the UCI when you called? Trying to make it as clear as possible for our fellow forum members. In FSW 2013, no one has yet reported a CC charge. Therefore, they should not have false expectations about UCI when they call CIC after six weeks...

tnm32

May 24, 2013
prince_of_darkness said:
They didnt provide me points for my adaptability ( I did provide my sisters PR card , they required bills and other stuffs as well. though the document checklist at that time did not mention that,
I had provided my masters degree, which they returned saying I needed to provide my Transcripts to ascertain my length of course for Masters.
I did provide my accountants letter as I was self employed , but they were not happy so didnt calculate my points .
And they did not even try to request additional information from you, like the transcript of your Masters or other documents proving your work experience? This is ridiculous. It means that can take your money and not even bother to ask for additional info that you could probably provide easily? I would be very mad if that happened to me (and am now afraid it will). :mad: