Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
calgirl said:
I'm not after jobs right now. I'm undergoing some certificate course and training from some government agency to prepare myself for jobs in Canada. Canadian government highly recommends this and there's a good chance that one will get a fair job after finishing these courses. I contacted YMCA. There I got tested on English language and received a certificate. After that they recommended me my appropriate course. Currently I'm attending a network security/administration course which will continue for 8 weeks and then a certificate will be issued. After that they will assist me in job search. Canadian government has number of programs to help new immigrants every way. All we need to do is to contact any government sponsored or non-profit settlement agencies after coming here. We need to understand that it's new country, new culture and we will need to invest some time and money in the right way for settlement.
People are telling that the job market in Canada is opening up and there'll me lots of opportunities shortly.
I think most of us have undergone IELTS. Me Too. So is it necessary to get my English tested again and get certificate of English Language proficiency once i get there ?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Calgirl,

Congrats on your safe landing.

I have a question for you. How is life there for students? Can they find some part time jobs here while studying? And if so, will the jobs done during study period, count as experience?

Thanks in anticipation.

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Hi Calgirl,

In one of your posts you have mentioned that you were a manager in IBM India. Is it not possible in IBM to get a transfer from IBM India to IBM Canada. As far as I know the global mobility is possible and one can do so through GOM (Global Opportunity Marketplace)...

I ask this because my husband is also working with IBM India and we were thinking of asking for such a transfer if our case goes through.

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
calgirl said:
We didn't stay there finally as we got an accommodation fixed on monthly basis before leaving.
Thanks Madhumita,
Amra aajke raat e abu dhabi theke roana hocchi,super 8 e uthbo...ekhon 2 weeks er jonne jachchi..dekhi notun jayega ta kemon laage...wish you all the best for ur life in canada...tc

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
aybee said:
I think most of us have undergone IELTS. Me Too. So is it necessary to get my English tested again and get certificate of English Language proficiency once i get there ?
Ielts is for Immigration purpose & for nothing else..

If Ielts would have been a certificate of excellence..then why it is valid for 1/2 years?

Hence u have to get ur language credentials checked after reaching canada...

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
accounts said:

If Ielts would have been a certificate of excellence..then why it is valid for 1/2 years?

thanks dear,

Any link you can share where i can find the nearest accessing body. I will be staying in Brampton or Etobicoke in the GTA!!

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
go to cic website u can find everything there under the "After you Arrive"..left hand side of Homepage...

neki

Apr 29, 2010
Hello Everybody,

@Calgirl- congratulations and thank you for the VERY USEFUL information. Please i couldn't find your responses to Boljet. I too have two small kids and would like to know how the daycare system works esp as we have learnt that they cannot start school until the age of 6.
I look forward to your response, Calgirl. And all the best in your landing.

@ accounts- i guess we're all trying to learn here and might miss some relevant information when others communicate in their own language. i don't think any offense was meant.

have a great day everybody!

neki.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
sapanaB said:
Hi Calgirl,

In one of your posts you have mentioned that you were a manager in IBM India. Is it not possible in IBM to get a transfer from IBM India to IBM Canada. As far as I know the global mobility is possible and one can do so through GOM (Global Opportunity Marketplace)...

I ask this because my husband is also working with IBM India and we were thinking of asking for such a transfer if our case goes through.
Sapana,
Nice to know that your husband is in IBM too. In my case, I don't think there's any immediate opportunity here in Ontario which matches my profile. I spoke to my senior once last year and then didn't follow it up. What's your husband's profile (please ignore this question if you find it annoying). Good luck to you two.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
sifarsen said:
Thanks Madhumita,
Amra aajke raat e abu dhabi theke roana hocchi,super 8 e uthbo...ekhon 2 weeks er jonne jachchi..dekhi notun jayega ta kemon laage...wish you all the best for ur life in canada...tc
Good luck!! Wish you a safe journey and happy landing.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
charninder said:
Hi Calgirl,

Congrats on your safe landing.

I have a question for you. How is life there for students? Can they find some part time jobs here while studying? And if so, will the jobs done during study period, count as experience?

Thanks in anticipation.
I really don't know. But many co-op programs are available where you can learn the job and gain real time work experience at the same time.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
accounts said:

Right. It's better you get it certified after reaching Canada.

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
neki said:
Hello Everybody,

@ Calgirl- congratulations and thank you for the VERY USEFUL information. Please i couldn't find your responses to Boljet. I too have two small kids and would like to know how the daycare system works esp as we have learnt that they cannot start school until the age of 6.
I look forward to your response, Calgirl. And all the best in your landing.

@ accounts- i guess we're all trying to learn here and might miss some relevant information when others communicate in their own language. i don't think any offense was meant.

have a great day everybody!

neki.
Please request Boljet to forward it to you. I have replied to her personal message.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Calgirl

This is so true that if someone is a PhD from India in IT, this cert is nothing in Canada.
They only value the certs given from their country.

Long and hard roads for you to follow, Kids are blessings to you but they cant be given to anywhere, I have heard that babysitters there feed Sedative meds to kids so that they dont bother them during their duties.

new Subways are being built from Scarborough to Markham.
How far is your Home from the nearest subway?

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
accounts said:
go to cic website u can find everything there under the "After you Arrive"..left hand side of Homepage...
Got it. 2 of them near Etobicoke !!! ;D