Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
A little secret from my ATIP notes.

After waiting for a year during Covid, I wrote a snail mail letter to IRCC, addressed to the officer who had interviewed me. My file had been gathering dust with no action.
The letter was received, noted, request for expedited processing denied and the physical letter attached to my file.
Two weeks later, my paper file moved to an ‘ageing inventory’ list. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it got some attention.
I would highly recommend requesting IRCC politely for an expedited processing and then a couple of weeks later requesting for ATIP notes and see where it goes.
At worst, it will continue to move at the current glacial pace, or maybe it might get some attention. $5 for ATIP and $1.47 for a postage stamp is worth a shot.
Hi,

Can you give me the addressed used for the letter and what and and idea what you wrote to them?

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello, I applied November 2019. the only update I have on my tracker is
Oct 8, 2020: We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

On top of the tracker it says Updated: May 20, 2021.
Literally no other tracker update line whatsoever. This is insane?

If they need 3-4 years to even start process of citizenship application I think they should ask people to start applying after one received Permanent Resident. I guess your physical days will be completed by the time they look at your application.

Reactions: trumprefugee

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi,

Can you give me the addressed used for the letter and what and and idea what you wrote to them?
You can look up the physical address of your processing office. I knew the initials of the officer who interviewed me. Addressed it as
Attn : Officer XYZ

The contents were brief and spelt out the reason why I was requesting for expedited processing even though it did not meet the IRCC criteria on the website.

Reactions: Hushus