FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
It's been 1 year and 10 months for me. See my signature.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
So, this time I have some good news to share :)

A twelve year old journey came to an end ..... Had applied for immigration in 2010, approved in 2014, applied for citizenship in 2018 and finally in March 2022 swore allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen.

60 new citizens from 23 countries. Ceremony lasted a little over 90 minutes.

Based on what I have read on the forum, mine was one of the oldest applications pending. So since this has come through, I am certain others should be just about getting wrapped up. It's been a waiting game with lots of patience. So @Sheno1986 @Dreamlad @anoop90 @rosedar hang in there, it will soon be done.

A big thank you to many who have responded over the years, to my queries (even via direct messages) to clarify doubts and provide guidance / insights, esp @dpenabill @CaBeaver .

Last edited:

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015

A twelve year old journey came to an end ..... Had applied for immigration in 2010, approved in 2014, applied for citizenship in 2018 and finally in March 2022 swore allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen.

Based on what I have read on the forum, mine was one of the oldest applications pending. So since this has come through, I am certain others should be just about getting wrapped up. It's been a waiting game with lots of patience. So hang in there, it will soon be done.
Congrats man, so happy it finally happened for you!

• Love
Reactions: akbardxb

Drevan2

Mar 27, 2013

Based on what I have read on the forum, mine was one of the oldest applications pending. So since this has come through, I am certain others should be just about getting wrapped up. It's been a waiting game with lots of patience. So hang in there, it will soon be done.
Congrats my friend

• Love
Reactions: akbardxb

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014

Based on what I have read on the forum, mine was one of the oldest applications pending. So since this has come through, I am certain others should be just about getting wrapped up. It's been a waiting game with lots of patience. So @Sheno1986 @Dreamlad @anoop90 @rosedar hang in there, it will soon be done.

A big thank you to many who have responded over the years, to my queries (even via direct messages) to clarify doubts and provide guidance / insights, esp @dpenabill @CaBeaver .
Congratulations, when did you get the oath invitation :)

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Thanks. A week ago. I’m a bit paranoid / superstitious so didn’t want to post till I had taken the oath.

Also thank you to @Drevan2 & @Qrios1 for your kind words.
No worries. I am actually the same. We don’t disclose any big events as you don’t know sometimes who is happy for you or who is not. When you spoke to the IRCC officer did you perhaps ask them why your case took so long? Anyways it’s a huge achievement and so celebrate, knowing that within a few weeks/months you will be able to go see your family. Thank you for your positive, and objective advice! Many of us really take your insight, along with some others, as good advice to guide us on this crazy journey. I have learnt from you to have lots and lots of patience! Hope you can stick around and provide comments still

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks. A week ago. I’m a bit paranoid / superstitious so didn’t want to post till I had taken the oath.

Also thank you to @Drevan2 & @Qrios1 for your kind words.
Totally makes sense :) Congratulations again!!! keep coming back to this forum, I think pretty soon some early 2020 applicants will be in our shoes and they will also feel frustrated about all the delays, your words of wisdom will help them :) & I hope I can also finish my journey soon, so far no luck!!

Reactions: Qrios1

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
No worries. I am actually the same. We don’t disclose any big events as you don’t know sometimes who is happy for you or who is not. When you spoke to the IRCC officer did you perhaps ask them why your case took so long? Anyways it’s a huge achievement and so celebrate, knowing that within a few weeks/months you will be able to go see your family. Thank you for your positive, and objective advice! Many of us really take your insight, along with some others, as good advice to guide us on this crazy journey. I have learnt from you to have lots and lots of patience! Hope you can stick around and provide comments still
That's very kind of you and @Bains87 . I will hang around for a while, as my business with IRCC is not finished yet :) There's another application coming up in the family.

For now, I can sit back and blow smoke rings.

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Congratulations everyone who experienced any kind of progress. I have a quick question! Do you see any kind of update on the status tracker when you have an interview request?

My story is that my MP got me an update that they have requested me for an interview and sent the request to my immigration lawayer’s email. Neither myself nor the lawyer received any email with the interview request and my status tracker didn’t show any update except a ghost one on February 8. Anyways now my interview date was missed and they will reschedule me soon. God only knows how long this will take

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hi guys
Finally i received an interview date
How long does the interview take ?
does the officer go through everypage of the passport for travel history?
September 2019 applicant
Test and BG has been completed
Thank you