Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
There is nothing stopping us from stirring the pot. Think of a YouTube channel with people posting video clips of spouses crying, children sending messages to parents, everyone making a plea to the Canadian government. Or a Flickr group with photos of miserable families wanting to join their parents and spouses. I can record our dog crying piteously every night as she waits for my husband ;)

"The Face of Canadian family reunification 2013" link sent to every media outlet we can come up with, across the world.

Putting a human face onto a bureaucratic balls-up might not be such a bad idea. This would only work if enough of us contributed to it though.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Catou said:
There is nothing stopping us from stirring the pot. Think of a YouTube channel with people posting video clips of spouses crying, children sending messages to parents, everyone making a plea to the Canadian government. Or a Flickr group with photos of miserable families wanting to join their parents and spouses. I can record our dog crying piteously every night as she waits for my husband ;)

"The Face of Canadian family reunification 2013" link sent to every media outlet we can come up with, across the world.

Putting a human face onto a bureaucratic balls-up might not be such a bad idea. This would only work if enough of us contributed to it though.
I would make a video if we could find someone to start and upkeep the channel, cause I know nothing about youtube. I can make a video on my iphone easily enough though and e-mail it to someone.

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Anybody think the conservatives are probably happy with the strike because it means they don't have to pay the workers AND less foreigners coming into the country? From the perspective of some people, that's win/win. I guess it's bad for them that universities and tourism are losing so much money though.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Lifer said:
Anybody think the conservatives are probably happy with the strike because it means they don't have to pay the workers AND less foreigners coming into the country? From the perspective of some people, that's win/win. I guess it's bad for them that universities and tourism are losing so much money though.
Yes, it's probably part of their so-called "action plan"! Actually, Tim Horton's and other corporations involved in the foreign skilled worker slave trade are probably unhappy with the current hold up.

roomonfire23

Mar 8, 2013
Lifer said:
The conspiracy theorist in me agrees with your assessment, though purposefully hurting future voters would be an unwise move. Harper is smarter than that. It's all about money and posturing. The conservatives will spin the strike into a positive for them during the next election. Speeches will be made about how the Harper government was tough on overpaid unions.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
gongdi said:
Yes, it's probably part of their so-called "action plan"! Actually, Tim Horton's and other corporations involved in the foreign skilled worker slave trade are probably unhappy with the current hold up.
yeah McDonalds too.

but the govt wont mind it, since they pay half of the wages of the workers that are being help up by visa wait times.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
agarand8 said:
I would make a video if we could find someone to start and upkeep the channel, cause I know nothing about youtube. I can make a video on my iphone easily enough though and e-mail it to someone.

LETS DO IT!! we could just advertise it, there are tons of facebook groups of people affected by this strike and we could ask our friends and family to share the video... LETS DO IT! at this point im up for anything that will help me get to Canada faster.. havent seen my boyfriend in almost a year.. i can't even imagine the pain of not seeing your spouse for any length of time... we gotta start acting...

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
marianasanroman said:
LETS DO IT!! we could just advertise it, there are tons of facebook groups of people affected by this strike and we could ask our friends and family to share the video... LETS DO IT! at this point im up for anything that will help me get to Canada faster.. havent seen my boyfriend in almost a year.. i can't even imagine the pain of not seeing your spouse for any length of time... we gotta start acting...
Hi to all

If you need any FB space to promote this video let me know. I admin an FB Greek membership group that deals with assisting each other in Immigration matters for Canada. We have a 590 strong membership power!

Let me know
Tom

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Catou said:

I wouldn't suggest posting a video of people crying. Visceral appeals seldom work unless you are trying to get on Ellen. You need a fact based approach that ties in with all the anti-people moves Herr Harper has been up to.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I wouldn't suggest posting a video of people crying. Visceral appeals seldom work unless you are trying to get on Ellen. You need a fact based approach that ties in with all the anti-people moves Herr Harper has been up to.
For Canadian media, I agree, however to make a wave big enough to grab attention that will focus attention on the issues and apply pressure I don't think you can beat the face of human suffering. We all know children are starving in parts of the world but the charities wanting money for this don't explain how politics, war or drought cause the suffering - they show images of starving children. People who have never emigrated or even thought about doing so are still people who have loved ones and who can imagine how hard it would be to be parted from them. Foreign media won't publish stories without including the facts but I really do think that putting a face on our situations would make the situation identifiable. We aren't just x-number of y-numbers of pending applications affected by the strike. We are the people and families wanting to get on with normal family lives with our loved ones.
Canadian media would pick up on the story and put their own slant on it, be it pro-government, anti-union, or humanitarian. Any coverage would be, IMO, better than we have now.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
More news:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/labour-board-rules-on-email-spat-in-diplomats-strike-1.1858144

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
another update:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Foreign+service+officers+plan+mass+walkout+protest+faith+appeal/8927809/story.html

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
ramrey5264 said:
Any one have some news about the strike?..
Nothing new in the last few days. I was just checking the PAFSO site, and the last bit of news was a release from the 18th stating how they where disappointed with the Government appealing the Bad Faith decision instead of going back to bargaining. No surprise there, great delaying tactic by the government.

If nothing else, this whole job action should show people coming to Canada just how little the government thinks of the average citizen of this country.