+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling from Kingston - Thousand Island

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
Is it possible to do flagpole at the border of Thousand Island? I know that people were doing this until January but I would like to know if someone has been there in march 2023.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Is it possible to do flagpole at the border of Thousand Island? I know that people were doing this until January but I would like to know if someone has been there in march 2023.
Did you get your answer for this? Because I am also looking for the same answer

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
Did you get your answer for this? Because I am also looking for the same answer
I went to queens bridge and did flagpole. I have friends that went to thousand island border last week and did their flagpole. They told me that it was easy over there.

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
Did you apply for sowp? What documents did they ask for?
I ask for pgwp and the sowp. You need, first the pgwp approved, passport, marriage certificate.
If you are not applying for pgwp, will need the work permit approved of your spouse to obtain yours.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
I have a pgwp and my wife is here in canada on a visitor visa. I have a full time noc B job. And thinking to do the flagpole for my spose. So in this case what should I bring to the border for flagpole. And I have read somewhere that I need at least 3 payslips to support my job letter. Is it true?

Thanks for your prompt reply

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
I have a pgwp and my wife is here in canada on a visitor visa. I have a full time noc B job. And thinking to do the flagpole for my spose. So in this case what should I bring to the border for flagpole. And I have read somewhere that I need at least 3 payslips to support my job letter. Is it true?

Thanks for your prompt reply
In my case they didn't ask my for the payslips. There a is a new exemption c41 That allows the spouse to get an sowp if the principal applicant have the pgwp approved. So, you should bring your spouse pgwp permit, passport, marriage certificate.
If you have an payslips it's ok but not necessary.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Which border is the best? How was your experience? Would you recommend flagpole or should I go with the online process. It is my first time and I am afraid that’s why? And is it just one day process or they give us an appointment when we go there for flagpole?

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
Which border is the best? How was your experience? Would you recommend flagpole or should I go with the online process. It is my first time and I am afraid that’s why? And is it just one day process or they give us an appointment when we go there for flagpole?
For what I heard, the border in Kingston is better than the ones in niagara. Is a one day process, there is no appointment for it. You just cross the border, tell the USA officers that you want to flagpole, they told you to go their office, the take you a picture and fingerprints. Then you came back to Canada and you say you want to flagpole and they ask you for your documents, wait on a line( I wait like 2 hours) and then they ask you to pay the fee and that's it.
In my experience, I first went to peace bridge, but I couldn't do it there because there were many people doing the same thing. Then I went to queen bridge and I got a chance there, but after me came some people trying to do the flagpole but they didn't get it because there were enough people for that process.

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Thank you, and my wife doesn’t have a medical done. Do they ask for the medical for her as she is on a visitor visa and I hold a pgwp. And do they have a quota for the day i mean do they have a maximum limit for the people they process the flagpole per day?

sophie2023

Mar 30, 2023
Thank you, and my wife doesn’t have a medical done. Do they ask for the medical for her as she is on a visitor visa and I hold a pgwp. And do they have a quota for the day i mean do they have a maximum limit for the people they process the flagpole per day?
If your spouse never had a medical exam I think they would ask for one, we have the medical exam before, so they didn't ask us for the medical. In your case I'm not sure.
About the quota, for what I experienced, they received a certain amount of people and then they say no more flagpole for now. So, they work in the cases that have at that moment and when they have finished with most of them, they star receiving more people. That's why, sometimes officers told you to come back later and you may have a chance.

Noor17

May 15, 2023
If your spouse never had a medical exam I think they would ask for one, we have the medical exam before, so they didn't ask us for the medical. In your case I'm not sure.
About the quota, for what I experienced, they received a certain amount of people and then they say no more flagpole for now. So, they work in the cases that have at that moment and when they have finished with most of them, they star receiving more people. That's why, sometimes officers told you to come back later and you may have a chance.
Hi what about the Kingston border? Do they have a quota?

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
I wanted to ask some questions regarding flagpole. Could you give me a call on (438) 920-0648. If you don’t mind. Thank you.
It will be a great help.

PraveshS

Dec 24, 2023
I ask for pgwp and the sowp. You need, first the pgwp approved, passport, marriage certificate.
If you are not applying for pgwp, will need the work permit approved of your spouse to obtain yours.
hey what reason did you give for flagpoling? Why not online?