+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a job after getting a PR

Traveler 1

Feb 4, 2011
What I don't understand is why do they require that many immigrants if the jobs are not available.
I am trying to get me a study permit to go there and stay there but from what i have seen in here it may not be a good idea.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simple answer $$$$
Immigrants bring money

Let me explain
Canada's quota for immigrants is about 250,000 immigrants per year
Every immigrant needs to bring approximately $10,000 as per immigration regulations

So if you do the math 250,000 x $10,000 = $2500000000 (2.5 billion dollars per year)

Now thats a very sweet deal for the government.

Canada and Canadians want immigrants desperately, we love immigrants more than Tim Hortons. They are the best thing ever they are the life blood of the economy. Politicians are absolutely correct and this is true.....look at the math.

Now once immigrants are here and the government has pocketed the cash...if the immigrants complain about jobs and supporting their families...we can comfortable say "Hey! you should have done your home work before coming here, stop dissing Canada, you need trianing, you need to re-certify, you need to take english classes etc" So when people around you keep harping on this, the poor immgrant thinks..... damn! there must be something wrong with me and what I am doing, ok lets re-certify $$$$, lets redo my education $$$$, so all the savings they had back home is brought to invest here to re-train and re-certify which means more $$$ for the government in addition to the 2.5 billion year ...................well you get the jist :)

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
newtone said:
Simple answer $$$$
Immigrants bring money

Let me explain
Canada's quota for immigrants is about 250,000 immigrants per year
Every immigrant needs to bring approximately $10,000 as per immigration regulations
So if you do the math 250,000 x $10,000 = $2500000000 (2.5 billion dollars per year)
Nowthats a very sweet deal for the government.
Canada and Canadians want immigrants desperately, we love immigrants more than Tim Hortons. They are the best thing ever they are the life blood of the economy. Politicians are absolutely correct and this is true.....look at the math.
Now once immigrants are here and the government has pocketed the cash...if the immigrants complain about jobs and supporting their families...we can comfortable say "Hey! you should have done your home work before coming here, stop dissing Canada, you need trianing, you need to re-certify, you need to take english classes etc" So when people around you keep harping on this, the poor immgrant thinks..... damn! there must be something wrong with me and what I am doing, ok lets re-certify $$$$, lets redo my education $$$$, so all the savings they had back home is brought to invest here to re-train and re-certify which means more $$$ for the government in addition to the 2.5 billion year ...................well you get the jist :)
Are you in your home country or Landed?

canadian girlash

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
NA
dr.ravipati said:
As rightly pointed out by some members here, i find work experience/education/age all are essential only for immigrating purpose. Once you land in Canada, the story is so different and mind you its not rosy. I am a doctor with a MD post graduate degree but with all the aspirations and expectations, we landed in Canada after getting the immigration, the job picture was so gloomy. I was surprised to hear from many people in Canada, pointing me a blatant question "why did u come to Canada if u are a doctor". I was stunned to hear this and some even asked me to go back to India. I was confused and perplexed, dint know if my idea of immigration is right or wrong. Though i am a doctor, i teach in medical colleges and university, hence my job is not regulated and i can work in any college or university which conduct health science courses. So at least a sigh of relief is that i dont need to take ordeal of going all out for regulatory licensing exams to get qualified for a job in Canada but still had to slog it to the core. But my wife is a qualified dentist (masters), she had to struggle. Having seen that i came back to India.. and waiting to go back again.. but i dont know how and when..
Hello.
How long did you stay in Canada? Which part in Canada? I'm also a medical doctor, waiting for my visa. I've been reflecting a lot regarding job opportunities for us in the medical field. My previous work overseas was quite promising but need to resign because of this migration. Hoping this would be the right decision for me.

KaylM

Oct 26, 2010
I am an internal auditor, currently working for one of the biggest telecom operators in the Middle East; I have a valid PR, long experience in IT systems implementation, and information system auditing, in addition, I have CIA, CISA, CISM, PMP, PRINCE2 certificates.

Can anybody please give me and advice on the possibility of having a job as an internal auditor in Canada??

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaylM said:
I am an internal auditor, currently working for one of the biggest telecom operators in the Middle East; I have a valid PR, long experience in IT systems implementation, and information system auditing, in addition, I have CIA, CISA, CISM, PMP, PRINCE2 certificates.

Can anybody please give me and advice on the possibility of having a job as an internal auditor in Canada??

Your qualifications are good but you dont have Canadian experience therefore the possibility is 0. There are lots of people from Middle East who are engineers, doctors, architects, and IT professionals but the work ethics is different there, things are done differently, projects are managed differently, peoples attitude about work are different, environment is different, lifestyle is different, behaviour is different. So its much harder getting a job here, qualifications just means you are minimally competent to do a job its not a replacement for 5 or 10 years of Canadian work experience. Education is not a replacement for integration and assimilation.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Hillo Leon and other seniors help me pls!
I'm 30yrs old male and decided to live Camrose,AB.(will land on 16/11/2011).
Normally I have many experiences of many jobs and wanna work ASAP I arrived.My fluent English is medium and I seeking a job around Camrose.
Pls let me know where can I look and share finding job experiences in Canada.(actually I'm asian and prefer to find waiter,cleaner,construction worker,painters,gas-filler,Bar,....etc...such a low job cause I doubt that I could find high job easily).
Thanks for any responds!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fast said:
Hillo Leon and other seniors help me pls!
I'm 30yrs old male and decided to live Camrose,AB.(will land on 16/11/2011).
Normally I have many experiences of many jobs and wanna work ASAP I arrived.My fluent English is medium and I seeking a job around Camrose.
Pls let me know where can I look and share finding job experiences in Canada.(actually I'm asian and prefer to find waiter,cleaner,construction worker,painters,gas-filler,Bar,....etc...such a low job cause I doubt that I could find high job easily).
Thanks for any responds!
Do you read Chinese? Every week, I saw a number of jobs postings in this newspaper for cooks & waiter/waitresses in small towns in BC/Alberta (don't know if there are any in Camrose). Click this link for details:

http://www.mingpaovan.com/cfm/ClassifyDetail.cfm?Category=hf%2Fhfc

Good luck!

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
steaky said:
Do you read Chinese? Every week, I saw a number of jobs postings in this newspaper for cooks & waiter/waitresses in small towns in BC/Alberta (don't know if there are any in Camrose). Click this link for details:

http://www.mingpaovan.com/cfm/ClassifyDetail.cfm?Category=hf%2Fhfc

Good luck!
Thnx steaky,but I can't see this link,why? :(

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Edmonton,Canada.
I couldn't speak and read Chinese,not chinese citizen.
Anyway thnx for your kindness,you're right,maybe chinese Gov blocked some websites. :(
\
steaky said:
Are you still in China? Maybe the Chinese government block this website from viewing. Here is part of the ad for this week:

埠仔請人

請有經驗廚師,打雜各一名,包食宿,Prince George, BC.有意請電1-250-564-1283

(116480)

亞省埠仔王

招請有經驗幫廚打雜兼洗碗各一名。包食住略懂英語優先。1-780-532-8878或832-3388,2-10晚

(116671)

gopikolli

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/4/11 (PER- 10/5/11)
AOR Received.
1/7/11
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
12/6/11
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-04-13
Interview........
waivered
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-14
LANDED..........
to land in april
dr.ravipati said:
As rightly pointed out by some members here, i find work experience/education/age all are essential only for immigrating purpose. Once you land in Canada, the story is so different and mind you its not rosy. I am a doctor with a MD post graduate degree but with all the aspirations and expectations, we landed in Canada after getting the immigration, the job picture was so gloomy. I was surprised to hear from many people in Canada, pointing me a blatant question "why did u come to Canada if u are a doctor". I was stunned to hear this and some even asked me to go back to India. I was confused and perplexed, dint know if my idea of immigration is right or wrong. Though i am a doctor, i teach in medical colleges and university, hence my job is not regulated and i can work in any college or university which conduct health science courses. So at least a sigh of relief is that i dont need to take ordeal of going all out for regulatory licensing exams to get qualified for a job in Canada but still had to slog it to the core. But my wife is a qualified dentist (masters), she had to struggle. Having seen that i came back to India.. and waiting to go back again.. but i dont know how and when..
hello dr. ravipati
iam dr. gopi a dentist.
I would like to know your experiences in canada, regarding the job struggle.
both my wife and I are dentists (masters) and are faculty at dental institution.We have applied for PR.
Can you share your experiences and what prompted you to come back and why do you still plan to go back.
did your wife try to work as a dental assistant while you were there?
please share your views in detail.

regards

gopi

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
gopikolli said:
hello dr. ravipati
iam dr. gopi a dentist.
I would like to know your experiences in canada, regarding the job struggle.
both my wife and I are dentists (masters) and are faculty at dental institution.We have applied for PR.
Can you share your experiences and what prompted you to come back and why do you still plan to go back.
did your wife try to work as a dental assistant while you were there?
please share your views in detail.

regards

gopi

hello..dr gopi...
this is mayank, a physiotherapist...
my wife too is a physiotherapist...
we are also eagerly waiting for dr ravipati's post..his posts will guide medicos like us....since September no news from his side...
we have also applied for pr visa....
if you have any updates..please do share with us,that will help us a lot..
reagards,
mayank shweta