+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipinos here who have common-law sponsorshp inland but not annulled in Phils.

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour/Hello:

1. Madali lang ang problem mo. Una gawa kayu separation agreement kasama yung custody arrangement ng mga bata at ikaw ang primary parent.

2. Magfile ka ng uncontested divorce sa city kung saan ka resident. Papirmahin mo si dating Mr. then wait ka maibigay ang divorced order then kuha ka ng divorced certificate.

3. Pagnagapply ka ng PR isama mo sa application mo.

PERO ETO LANG PROBLEMA MO:

1. Divorce obtained by Filipinos anywhere in the world is not valid under Philippine Civil and Family Law;

2. Divorce obtained by former Filipinos who were naturalized must file a Petition for the Recognition of Foreign Divorce Decree in the Regional Trial Court of the applicant.

3. Annulment is a costly and lenghtly process not to mentioned time and emotional draining and keep in my there are only valid grounds for annulment and the existance of an extra marital affairs is not one of them.

4. The primary parent must have the clearance from the DSWD should any minor children of marriage should be brought out of the Philippines and to obtained such, the consent of your ex-husband is required.

5. You cannot marry the father of your current child unless there was a Final decision on the nullity of marriage given by the court in the Philippines or else you are answerable for the crime of adultery and bigamy.

I suggest that you retain a services of a Canadian Immigration Lawyer not just Immigration consultants to effectively guide you to make an informed decision.

Cheers, Mabuhay et Vive le Quebec.

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
Quebec_visitor said:
your right.... thank u...Bonne Chance!!!!
Hi! I am also from the Philippines presently in Montreal on tourist visa and in the same situation as yours, can you please give me your lawyer's NAME, ADDRESS AND CONTACT NUMBER? I might be needing his services. How much is the professional fee? Thank you!

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
Quebec_visitor said:
Hi miss Isabelle... thank your this great info... now i have already extend my stay untl november 2012 and they grant it. my baby is canadian citizen already....I think my ex will sign a paper that he will give me consent and custdy for the child to bring it here...pero sometimes pabago bago sya ng isip...Yes we really have to very patient and really have more strength for this kind situation...Good luck to u too...
Hi! Ms Quebec_visitor and Ms Isabelle, could you please give me your LAWYER's NAME, ADDRESS, & CONTACT NUMBER? I'm also in your situation and I might be needing their services soon. I am from Montreal, Quebec and also on tourist visa. Thank you so much!

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
G.Ysabelle said:
Hi Sis. We do have similar situation, but honestly I will tell you now you have to prepare yourself and have load of strength with you and work on this things one at a time... Like you I was also married here in the Phils.(now, ex-husband) with 2 kids when I came to Canada 2008 as foreign worker. The best advice I can give you is to file for a divorce there in Canada, but you have to make sure that your tourists visa status still valid while you are staying there... mind you once the immigration officer found out that you have a baby (or still pregnant) and you are just a tourists and married back home with kids they will really go after you. My annulment took me 15 months before it was granted.. and I spent P150,000 just for legal fees alone, I didn't include in my annulment the kids custody case as it will prolong the process and will greatly affect the kids schooling and will be traumatic for them... as I said one at a time sister otherwise maloloka ka. First and foremost to consider is your legal status there in Canada para di ka nila pauwiin, 2nd file a divorce there, 3rd it doesn't matter if you will file annulment here sa Pinas... it depends if your husband here in the Phils. will be cooperative with you when it comes to the kids, otherwise that's another struggling. You may able to sponsor the kids someday BUT with the consent of the father. I've been in your situation before, gladly I am annulled since May 2011, just got married last Dec. 2, 2011 with my Canadian husband now, I currently have a pending child custody battle for my 2 boys, and is waiting this year for the approval of my spousal sponsorship and Canadian Citizenship Certificate for our 2 year old girl. It's been 3 full years of challenges and struggling... I made this far with a loving support from my husband who is 8,000 miles awayfrom me, he is very supportive of me all throughout... PM me if you have any queries. Goodluck!!!
Hi! Ms Quebec Vixitor and Ms Ysabelle ! Can you please PM me your Lawyer's NAME, ADDRESS and CONTACT NUMBER? I might be needing their services soon. Thank you so much!

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
brookslakeside said:
@ kaloka, concerned lang si leeneljane na baka ma misrepresent mo self mo, CIC have their own ways of investigating and there are a lot of cases in CanLii of misrepresentation and was deported but i haven`t read of a case where a person had her Philippine annulment processed in a record one month time and was sent home. You comply with all the requirements needed in your Spousal Application and that is the most important thing.
i just feel bad though that we`re tolerating this kind of corrupt practices in our country(no pun intended). I`m also doing my annulment right now, filed it May 2010, last hearing(psychologist as witness) on June 2012. I`m just thankful that i have a supportive and understanding partner.
Alam ng CIC na mahal at matagal ang proseso ng annulment sa Pilipinas.. So pag gumamit tayo ng fixer sa NSO at di nagtatama ang mga dates sa application natin.. Gaya ng date na maghiwalay ang mag -asawa at ang date na ma process ang annnulment.. Hindi mahirap sa CIC para makita ang mga loopholes na ganito.. Kaya ingat lang tayo...

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
Hi Ms. Ysabelle! Thank you so much for your info i know it will help me a lot! What about a lawyer in Quebec? Because I want to settle my case/status in Montreal, Quebec first before working on my status/marriage in the Philippines. I wish Ms Quebec_visitor could also help me by giving her lawyer in Quebec. Ms Ysabelle im not so familiar in sending message/qoutes on this forum... please guide me. Thank you so much! God Bless!

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
Re: Filipinos here who have common-law sponsorshp inland but not annulled in Phi

Quebec_visitor said:
Thank you for the advice weary-damsil31. Ask ko lng ulit kung what type of divorce u filed? Kasi mukhang ayaw mag cooperate etong ex ko. kahit address nya di nila binibigay kasi di ba kailangan yun.
Hi Ms Quebec_Visitor! Please pm me your lawyer's NAME, ADDRESS & CONTACT NUMBER and how much did you pay for your divorce in Canada? I want to avail the services of your lawyer in quebec. I am from Monmtreal, what about you? Thank you so much! I hope you could help me.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
PSEUDONYM said:
Hi Ms. Ysabelle! Thank you so much for your info i know it will help me a lot! What about a lawyer in Quebec? Because I want to settle my case/status in Montreal, Quebec first before working on my status/marriage in the Philippines. I wish Ms Quebec_visitor could also help me by giving her lawyer in Quebec. Ms Ysabelle im not so familiar in sending message/qoutes on this forum... please guide me. Thank you so much! God Bless!
Hi sis, I did PM you with the info about my lawyer... if you have time give me a call at my hotel 521-1000 morning time here sa Pinas ha (para evening dyan), look for Ms. Esther (Resident Manager). Thanks.

PSEUDONYM

Apr 21, 2012
Hi Ms Ysabelle! I'm looking for a lawyer in Quebec particularly in Montreal because I want to work on my divorce in Canada before proceeding on my annulment of my marriage in the Philippines. do you know somebody who is a lawyer in Montreal? Thank you so much!

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
Hi everyone on this topic. I just want to let you now that my waiting time is finally over :)
My ecas status was change to Decision made for permanent resident application.
for those people that didn't believe that my annulment is not real, well guys, "it is real".

To refresh some other peoples memory my i was married to a Fil and got my annulment in just a short time and didn't spend so much money.

For those of you that is still waiting for visa hang in there..
i know its really hard to wait. I feel for you guys..
Good luck to everyone!

calgaryimmigration

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
it is really a complicated case when it comes to divorce or annulment in the Philippines..
the best thing to do is to ask for guidance and help from professional..
hope everything will be fine.. :)

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
@Quebec_visitor where can i file a divorce in alberta?? is it true that is only 210 $CAD. my wife told me it would take $20,000 to process a divorce in Alberta

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
trewmenn said:
@ Quebec_visitor where can i file a divorce in alberta?? is it true that is only 210 $CAD. my wife told me it would take $20,000 to process a divorce in Alberta
go to the family law centre in your city,in the law courts. ask them on how,they will guide you through.goodluck! :)

tony_manero

Jul 21, 2012
trewmenn said:
@ Quebec_visitor where can i file a divorce in alberta?? is it true that is only 210 $CAD. my wife told me it would take $20,000 to process a divorce in Alberta
check this out if your are residing in alberta.

go to this website albertacourts.ab.ca and look for Court of QueensBench, PublicationsForms, Divorce Forms nandun ang instruction.

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
weary-damsil31 said:
go to the family law centre in your city,in the law courts. ask them on how,they will guide you through.goodluck! :)
thanks