+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

svs

Jul 16, 2009
rmdharan said:
did you try getting money order from the post office, i got from Canada post
Ramdharan. It says funds should be pain from canada bank right.will they accept money order form canada post?

svs

Jul 16, 2009
AspirantCanada said:
Team,

I've received the package last night, it contain section A for all four of us along with Proof of fund and RPRF.

Anybody have any query then I can help.

New York office do not accept demand draft (as per the www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf )

I mailed them to ask if they can consider my case as I don't have any checkbook (which my bank can certify) and they dont issue any money orders.. I just got reply from New York office with above link :(

now I'm planning to ask my brother to purchase money order from US and then send it across to me.. so that I can put them in one envelope.

Thanks,
Hi Aspirant canada,

I did sent bank draft ..will they return all the forms? or are they asking us to pay again RPRF fee? please let me know.can anyone please suggest before they return the application(i sent updated forms along with the medicals,rprf fees as requested), can i sent the money order again?

when i called my bank they are saying both are same now..money order or bank draft..

Please let me know.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
rmdharan said:
svs

I just sent the money order from Canada Post with the updated forms
ok.. i do not know if i need to wait until they respond or send them money order from canada post in a seperate mail now..anyone please suggest..

murthy909

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2009
Doc's Request.
15-10-2009
AOR Received.
15-02-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2012
Hi SVS,

Don't worry!!You will be fine.

svs said:
Hi Aspirant canada,

I did sent bank draft ..will they return all the forms? or are they asking us to pay again RPRF fee? please let me know.can anyone please suggest before they return the application(i sent updated forms along with the medicals,rprf fees as requested), can i sent the money order again?

when i called my bank they are saying both are same now..money order or bank draft..

Please let me know.

svs

Jul 16, 2009
murthy909 said:
Hi SVS,

Don't worry!!You will be fine.
ok Thanks Murthy..Did you sent money order or bank draft along with the updated forms..?(RPRF fee)((NY visa office)..).

My medical results reached ottwawa office on 25 th october..
also my address got disappeared today on cic webiste..will it be a good sign?

svs

Jul 16, 2009
abhi812 said:
Good sign U will receive PR

ok Thanks Abhi,i am only worried about my RPRF fee(i paid by bank draft)..bank said bank draft and money order is same..today i checked with bank the amount is still outstanding..

since my address got disappeared today,hopefully i will received some good news..

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
RJ007 said:
my status changed as below.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 3, 2011.

what does it mean?

Thank you!
Good news, RJ007! Cong~ I think you will get your MR very soon.

BTW, did your address disappear before getting new line? My address has disappeared for a week.

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
svs said:
ok Thanks Abhi,i am only worried about my RPRF fee(i paid by bank draft)..bank said bank draft and money order is same..today i checked with bank the amount is still outstanding..

since my address got disappeared today,hopefully i will received some good news..
My bank draft was outstanding even when I got Permanent resident Visa.So dont woryy

svs

Jul 16, 2009
abhi812 said:
My bank draft was outstanding even when I got Permanent resident Visa.So dont woryy
ok Thanks Abhi, is there a difference between bank draft and demand draft..since aspiran canada's demand draft returned back..

Also , when did u get the visa stamped? congratulations..cool so u got your PR in your hand..

Thanks,

RJ007

Oct 28, 2011
Eliza.W said:
Good news, RJ007! Cong~ I think you will get your MR very soon.

BTW, did your address disappear before getting new line? My address has disappeared for a week.
Thank you Eliza.W!

yes, My address did disappeare before getting new line. and still I can not see the address in online status check.

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
svs said:
ok Thanks Abhi, is there a difference between bank draft and demand draft..since aspiran canada's demand draft returned back..

Also , when did u get the visa stamped? congratulations..cool so u got your PR in your hand..

Thanks,
Hi Team,

Let me clarify some point here
1. I did not send any demand draft, I just sent a mail to NY office asking "Can I send Demand Draft?", instead of saying yes/no they send me the link :)
2. I work in bank so technically there is no difference in Money order and Demand Draft. Bank Draft is called Demand Draft as it is paid on demand upon presentation of draft.
3. Do not worry much at this stage, there wont be any change in the processing. Just contact your bank and ask them to communicate you as soon as the draft is en-cashed.
4. The issue with me is I'm in Bermuda (a very small island) where I don't have check book and there is no option of money order. I am just being extra cautious (even though I know demand draft is technically the same as money order). I planned to make that in my next trip to US when I'm going for my medicals as well. It will just save some cost for me.

Hope it clarifies.. dont worry svs .. you will get PR request in next 3-4 weeks time.

Cheers,

svs

Jul 16, 2009
AspirantCanada said:
Hi Team,

Let me clarify some point here
1. I did not send any demand draft, I just sent a mail to NY office asking "Can I send Demand Draft?", instead of saying yes/no they send me the link :)
2. I work in bank so technically there is no difference in Money order and Demand Draft. Bank Draft is called Demand Draft as it is paid on demand upon presentation of draft.
3. Do not worry much at this stage, there wont be any change in the processing. Just contact your bank and ask them to communicate you as soon as the draft is en-cashed.
4. The issue with me is I'm in Bermuda (a very small island) where I don't have check book and there is no option of money order. I am just being extra cautious (even though I know demand draft is technically the same as money order). I planned to make that in my next trip to US when I'm going for my medicals as well. It will just save some cost for me.

Hope it clarifies.. dont worry svs .. you will get PR request in next 3-4 weeks time.

Cheers,
ok Thanks Aspirant..you got medicals for the second time?.

Thanks,

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After couple of case specifica enquiry I got this Reply on Friday November/04/2011

From Buffalo:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

OMM