Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
I'm eligible to apply on Jun 17 (exact day of meeting 1095 day residency), but was planning to add an additional few days of padding, and apply on Jun 23, in case I fudged any of my (frequent) border crossings, by a day or so.

I have stamps for all of my flights to and from, but nothing for my drives down and back, unfortunately. I understand this is pretty common for land crossings.

I've got everything ready to mail in, I just need to pay the fee. I will do both on Jun 23, assuming C24 hasn't passed. If it has, and is effective immediately, I guess the whole application goes into the shred bin, and try again next year, or whenever I'm eligible again. :(

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hobbes said:
I thought you already were a citizen?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c24-implementation-date-as-a-law-opinion-from-folks-here-open-discussion-t212270.0.html;msg3189177#msg3189177

And that it is your wife that was going to be eligible in Feb2015?
Yes i am speaking behalf of my wife she will be eligible this October 2014 as we are not no longer planning to go for a 4 month trip so this law might be effective before that

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is only one way delaying the whole process, if some body file a petition in the crown court or supreme court and get the stay order, till the judge hear the petition and make the decision.

Is there any one in this forum who is a lawyer and could file a petition in the Crown Court or Supreme Court to delay the whole process of the bill ?

If we can surely contribute the money would do so

And folks seems the bill has its way towards the end:

Status of the bill:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LEGISInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=6401990&View=0

This Monday: (http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?pub=projected&language=E)

12:00 noon
GOVERNMENT ORDERS

Government Bills (Commons)

C-24 — The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration — Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act — Report stage (resuming debate on the motions in Group No. 1)

Length of speeches, pursuant to Standing Orders 43 and 76.1(7):

All Members — 10 minutes maximum and speeches are subject to a 5-minute question and comment period.

Committee Report — presented on Wednesday, June 4, 2014, Sessional Paper No. 8510-412-105.

Report stage motions — see "Report Stage of Bills" in today's Notice Paper.

Report stage concurrence motion — question to be put immediately after the report stage motions are disposed of, pursuant to Standing Order 76.1(9).

Time allocation motion — notice given Friday, June 6, 2014, pursuant to Standing Order 78(3).

My say is this :

There is this petition :

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/withdraw-bill-c-24-honour-the-charter-or-rights-freedoms

Signing on this petition and submitting to the ministry is like we are successfully doing our signing from our end but.. from their end if they do not accept it and passes it

for us applicants who have stayed qualifying years and are on the margin on applying for 2 months or few weeks we might miss the chance for the application

this week is the last chance if the people of this forum wants to do something out of it

a rally , demonstration, going in front of the media what so ever this is the last chance last opportunity some guy said doing an appeal the message was this :

" if some body file a petition in the crown court or supreme court and get the stay order, till the judge hear the petition and make the decision. "

So for the folks who really care about their application and the nearby days to be qualified if seriously you wanna slow it down i believe filing in the crown court would be a good idea

but still if somehow if it was possible to gather the attention of media something could have been done anyways if seriously folks you wanna slow it down... wanna make a get together a meeting Huh

Lets do it ...

I started this topic if really you care lets do it

Thanks

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live Stream of the Report Stage of this bill c24 in the next level

http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=11955&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140609&lang=en

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
turboracer said:
There is only one way delaying the whole process, if some body file a petition in the crown court or supreme court and get the stay order, till the judge hear the petition and make the decision.
I'm sorry, but this is complete fantasy... You pick up on a stupid comment that a "newbie" on the forum posted and you think that it's "fact"? When judges decide what laws Government can pass, it will be a bad day for democracy (in the truest sense).

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I'm sorry, but this is complete fantasy... You pick up on a stupid comment that a "newbie" on the forum posted and you think that it's "fact"? When judges decide what laws Government can pass, it will be a bad day for democracy (in the truest sense).
Alright Sir, Tell us what to do then I apologize for picking up the comment but what is it that can be done I believe we are humans too right :D

Anyways.. you are right actually nothing can be done with that law being accomplished in the HOC as the majority of the people are conservative its always about power nowadays anyways you are correct Mate

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If there is to be a challenge, it would have to be after it's been passed into law.
By then the law would be active and a target for a constitutional case.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
If there is to be a challenge, it would have to be after it's been passed into law.
By then the law would be active and a target for a constitutional case.
Yeah, That is for sure !! True..

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship is not a licence the government can revoke for misbehavior

- Citizenship stripping is not commonplace in other countries. Bill C-24 makes Canada an outlier among western states

- It is the role of the criminal justice system, not elected officials, to punish people for wrongdoing

- The new law does not just target criminal wrongdoers; it poses a serious threat to the rights of all Canadians

- Citizenship is not a privilege; it is an interest fundamental to full membership in Canadian society

- The new law greatly reduces due-process rights, replacing fair judicial process with Ministerial discretion

- The new law diminishes the ties non-permanent residents have established in Canada

- The new law does not adequately ensure citizens maintain strong ties to Canada

- The new law does not strengthen or protect the value of Canadian citizenship; it diminishes it

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
turboracer said:
Citizenship is not a licence the government can revoke for misbehavior
I agree with what you said. Unfortunately not everything is fair in this world. I emailed BCCLA case worker and asked if I can get into contact with anyone there. I know this is desperate, and almost certainly we can do nothing about it. I got an automatic reply that the response from them can take up to a week.

OTTAWA2014

May 16, 2014
If there is anything in the bill which is unconstitutional or against citizenship rights, it can be challenge in the court. It can be challenge and one can get the stay order till the hearing. It will delay the process, and if the lawyer has strong arguments and it can be instructed by the courts to make amendments. It does not necessarily mean that courts are making the law. It is also the responsibility of the supreme court to ensure that nothing against the constitution shall become the part of any immigration law.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I agree with what you said. Unfortunately not everything is fair in this world. I emailed BCCLA case worker and asked if I can get into contact with anyone there. I know this is desperate, and almost certainly we can do nothing about it. I got an automatic reply that the response from them can take up to a week.
Thanks a lot :D at least you did try contacting him :D

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2014 said:
If there is anything in the bill which is unconstitutional or against citizenship rights, it can be challenge in the court. It can be challenge and one can get the stay order till the hearing. It will delay the process, and if the lawyer has strong arguments and it can be instructed by the courts to make amendments. It does not necessarily mean that courts are making the law. It is also the responsibility of the supreme court to ensure that nothing against the constitution shall become the part of any immigration law.
Friend lets do the implementation against it it's the right time to challenge in the court I believe as you said , I feel great after seeing the lines you wrote hope there is a possibility

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's wrong with you man !? You are stopping by any post and make people discouraged!

zardoz said: