+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi

to receive some news regarding to your app, you need to send an email to

CIO Sydney Search Enquiry @ cic .gc .ca.

if you call the office you will not get any updates. it takes almost 2 months to get some response

good luck

hminerales

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Just now I mailed the cio and recieved the auto reply. I dont have case specific file no yet. Is that right they will respond after two months? Hope they really recieved my package because when it was delivered I only got 1month left before my ielts exam lapses.I believe that they count it on the day they recieved the application.thanks

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi hminerales,

Our application delivered July 24 to CIO and CC charged Oct. 10, so should be something happen anytime.
Unfortunately, email is the only way to contact CIO.
My husband sent an email about a month ago, and he still didn't get response yet!
Do you have the tracking No. from the post office or delivery company?
If you have it, check it, and print the comfirmation page and keep it!

I saw some people complaining about CIC requested the document/s which they already submit just because of CIC taking too much time to process, and documents expired.
So, nobody knows what the officer says...

Good luck!

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Minimee

Was your app delivered 4th or 24th of July? it does not really matter.
Just wondering how they examine our apps. FIFO or ....
I have not received any response yet

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
NP26

sorry, mistyping... July 4th was the day it delivered.
We don't get anything for AOR yet neither. I don't know if it's a good sign or not!
It's been almost a month since CC was charged....

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Hi Minimee & NP,

Just yesterday my consultant told me that CIC has returned my previous DD as it is expired and now there are asking for new DD. so I am hoping something has started from their end though with less pace. I think they should speed up in process as they are going to start express entry in Jan 2015 and they don't have enough time to clear applications as per current system otherwise it'll create backlogs.

let's pray for the best and fast process and we all get positive outcome.

Cheers

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Minimee,

I have been reading FSW posts and they get their PER in 10 days average. I do not know why our program is so slow.
Nowadays, VO do not send AORs, so you should get straight medical request or any other requests...
I sent email yesterday so I will see in 30 working days what they respond.

Montu,

asking for a new DD is a good sign. fingers crossed for you

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ montu1083

So I think all your documents are OK, and they will start process your application as soon as they got your new DD. Good luck again!

@ NP26
Yea, I've noticed that too... I thought FST will be quicker because of the shotage of skilled trade job, but not...
Even CEC process seems faster than ours... ???
I hope you'll get response soon, and please don't forget to share what they say if you don't mind!

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Thanks NP & Minimee,

I am also thinking for the best with my finger crossed. If I'll get medical request straight away then I'll be stunned. On this forum I have red in most of the cases people got visa stamp on passport after 4-5 months after medical request. So I am still anxious about total duration of this process.

One more thing I want to ask you guys that CIO only asks for DD when DOCS are ok or they will start check my DOCS after receiving my DD ???
I am confuse about it.

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
@ Minimee
In my opinion they deal with other programs quicker to reduce a backlog. In our program there are not many applications as it is difficult to obtain work permit or certificate of qualification.
Do not worry, I will tell you when I receive PER or moving back to Europe :)

@ Montu

Completeness Check

1. They received couriers and do a initial documentation check for completeness and compliance of the application.
2. Check if the applications forms are all completely filled, payments are ok, all required documentation are enclosed.
3. Check if we have valid 2 year experience in the claimed NOC(a part of the trade occupations list)
4. Check the CAP has been reached for that NOC yet.
5. They accept the payments as submitted with application and that's the last stage of the completeness check.
6. If the application passes the completeness check, it's put in the queue for the Eligibility Review. If not they send the application
back stating the reason for return.

Eligibility Review

1. During the Eligibility Review, they check the following factors

Education
Work Experience- references
Language Proficiency- IELTS
Work permit with LMO / Certificate of Qualification

2. In addition to these factors, they check for the proof of funds as per the guidelines. They also do the background check for the above( they confirm the job duties comply with requirements for that particular NOC and that experience documents are satisfactory).

Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing

1.If the applicant meets the criteria then his/her application will be transferred to the visa office identified by the applicant on the IMM 0008 form for a Final Selection Decision. CIO will send out an email confirming this which will indicate a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing. If the applicant fails Eligibility Review, again CIO sends and email out to confirm the reasons for the same, and that they are initiating a refund of the processing fee.

2. Once an applicant receives a Positive Final Determination of Eligibility for Processing from the CIO, applicant will be able to check the ECAS Status of their application. We can use the application number/UCI Number/Payment receipt number, all of which we can get form the email that CIO sends out, to check the ECAS status.

Negative Determination of Eligibility for Processing

If the applicant fails Eligibility Review, CIO sends and email/ mail out to confirm the reasons, and then they are initiating a refund of the processing fee.

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Hiya

I was just wondering how long it took from mailing your application to receiving a confirmation they have the file?

We are waiting on a LMIA application at the moment before submitting the FST application so worried about the change to express entry on 1 Jan.

If we get the chance to send in the app before 31 Dec will they recognise it as received on that mail date ?
Worried if it takes a while to get through the system if it's after 1 Jan they may reject it as the program has changed to express entry

Thanks

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ NP26

Ah.. Backlogs! That's probably make sense... Let's hope they will do their job proper and Clear the backlog soon!!!

@ Kiwisteph

We sent our application on 4th July and didn't hear anything from CIO until now!
I was checking my CC everyday, and finally they chearged on 10th Oct. and few days later we could check online status with Client ID(from the work permit).
So we still have no file No. or any AOR recieved...

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
@ NP

Thanks for useful information, but I'll be relaxed only when i'll receive visa confirmation from CIO... LOL

@ kiwisteph

This whole process demands a great temperament. We all have applied a long ago & still waiting for result. Best of luck for your process.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
@ NP

Hi NP, I am just curious that's why I am asking you that how do you know VO doesn't send AOR ? I mean is it possible that my application is being processed by visa officer and I am not aware of it ?