+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades (FST) applicants??

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
thanks for your reply :)

I am really surprised that you have not received any email from the office yet. In average FSW applicants on this forum are getting PER within 10 days.
However, I do not know what is the time difference between FSW and FST.
My CC was charged one week after yours 17/10.

fingers crossed we get some news soon and can move on with our lives...

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I am under FST
Unfortunately it seems to be a slower way but we will reach our goals soon...

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I will update as soon as I get something
I am sure we get some response next week

Happy Halloween

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Hi All,

I have also applied through FSTP and my application was received by CIO, Nova Scotia in the beginning of May 2014 but since then I haven't heard anything from them. I have also DD with docs but it's also not been processed. I am very much anxious about my application. It's been almost 6 months since my application been received but I am still in the dark about.

Congratulations to whom have got PER or File no. At least after knowing this I am quite relieved that FSTP is alive. I got my credential check letter from Alberta last year and it expired just yesterday. So may be I need new credential check now.

Let's share all experiences we face in FSTP. I feel good to see other applicants of this program.

Keep in Touch

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Montu1083,

I suggest you to send an email to the office and ask them for some update- 6 months is too long without encashing DD
What do you mean by Credential check from Alberta? you do not need it.
You need either job offer with LMO or Certificate of Qualification (Red Seal Certificate which is valid forever if you pay annual fees)

good luck

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi montu1083,

I agree with NP26, it is too long that nothing happened in 6 months.
How did you send the application, and did you make sure it delivered to CIC??
I'm sure all the job category was still opened as they started the new application year from May 1st 2014.
I think you better call or email to CIC and ask what is happened on your application.

Wish you good luck!

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Immigration is a patience game. It took me almost 3 years from sending the application off to the day, I got my COPR in hand. So relax, there is nothing more you can do.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Thanks Minimee & NP26,

@polara- I agree with you. Immigration Process does take a long time and We can't do anything about it.

I have sent my application through immigration consultant based in my city. I am not sure but perhaps They got receipt from CIO, Nova Scotia, I have to check with them though. There are couple of more applicants whom have applied through same immigration consultant, but none of us got any acknowledgement from CIO, Nova Scotia. When last I met consultant, she advised me to go to Canada on visitor visa & attempt Red Seal Certification but I am checking out the consequences of it.

Do you guys have received LMO or Certificate of Qualification (Red Seal) ??

I am from India. Where are you from guys ?? Keep in touch & share your views here.

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Montu,

Yes, the immigration process used to be a very long run. However, this year many applications are processed much quicker (within a few months). Therefore I am advising you to visit your consultant and ask for delivery day of your app and any updates. Secondly, send an email to Sydney and require status of your app.

Consequences of Red Seal- what you mean? You must have the Red Seal Certificate to practise your trade in Canada. So, I advise you to send work references for evaluation of your experience ( approx. 6000 working hours plus duties) to Ministry of Trade in Ontario or Alberta plus send them your apprenticeship certificate... in 3 weeks you receive a mail with results and then you can attend the test. In Ontario it cost you about $300

As I said before, the basic requirements to apply for the FSTP are Red Seal or job offer with LMO. I presume you do not have Red Seal and hope you have at least the job offer. Otherwise your app will be rejected and your immi consultant makes easy money.

I have Red Seal and working in Toronto....

minimee

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ montu

I totaly agree with NP26. You need to ask your consultant to make sure when they sent your application.
In the same time, you better send an email to CIC to ask your application status.(Although it will take 30 days to get response from CIC)

I'm not sure if you can get assess your qualification from outside Canada, and just come for the test on Visitor visa...
It took quite while to get one for my husband in Ontario.
We are in Ontario too.

montu1083

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17/01/2017
Nomination.....
03/12/2016
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
Passport Req..
31/05/2017
Thanks NP & Minimee,

I really appreciate your suggestions. I am going to check updates with my consultant ASAP. May be I am misguided by them.

Actually I am told that as I got Credential Letter (which verifies my qualification & experience) from Alberta Govt., so I don't need LMIA (LMO). I have job offer letter (from Calgary, Alberta). Now she is suggesting me to attempt Red Seal Exams. I am also thinking to attempt this exams but right now I am checking whether I could convert my visitor visa status to work permit or not, with my stay in Canada. I am checking consequences (means I have to leave my current job, total expenses to come to Canada, how my visa status will change, will I get job or not on base of red seal certification ect)

As I red in one of the post here that FSTP is only for people right now living in Canada on temporary visa who have Canadian qualification or work experience. But I guess it's not true.

NP26

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
"As I red in one of the post here that FSTP is only for people right now living in Canada on temporary visa who have Canadian qualification or work experience. But I guess it's not true"

No, you do not have to live and work in Canada. FSTP is open to everyone who meets the criteria...

hminerales

Dec 22, 2011
Hi I have the same predicament mine is 17week now with no sign of aor and credit card charges. Is this normal for pr-fstc applicant.iam filipino . My app package was deliverd by fedex on june 25 with signed delivered to cio nova scotia (I used the dorchester st). How do I confirm that my app is on procesing. What is the contact no.of cio nova scotia. Please anybody can help me with my inquiry? thanks...