+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi All,

Both my husband and I passed our citizenship test today - 20/20. If you read the book at least twice you should be able to pass. Questions are fairly easy.

During the interview they are checking all the documents submitted with your application and some of the stamps in your passport. Questions were asked about the past/current jobs (letter of employment needed for the current job), daily life, children, housing arrangements etc. Very straight forward and if your application is a "clean" one you should have no concerns.

No oath letters were handed out today, but we have been advised to expect one within the next 10-15 business days.

Good luck my fellow applicants and fear not, testing is way easier than expected!

All the best,
Sophie

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
Sophie_Anne said:
Hi All,

Both my husband and I passed our citizenship test today - 20/20. If you read the book at least twice you should be able to pass. Questions are fairly easy.

During the interview they are checking all the documents submitted with your application and some of the stamps in your passport. Questions were asked about the past/current jobs (letter of employment needed for the current job), daily life, children, housing arrangements etc. Very straight forward and if your application is a "clean" one you should have no concerns.

No oath letters were handed out today, but we have been advised to expect one within the next 10-15 business days.

Good luck my fellow applicants and fear not, testing is way easier than expected!

All the best,
Sophie
Thank you Sophie for the update, that'll put comfort in my wife & friend's mind for test this month

My wife's timeline, whew~ way faster than I thought, in Kitchener-Waterloo
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 24, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 2, 2014.

note: we got RQ'ed and sent back in June 2014, no further updates online

We sent you a notice on August 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 29, 2014 XXX. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

namrijig

Jan 8, 2014
Guys,
Finally today we became Canadian Citizen.
Below is my timeline.

Applied - Feb 27 2014
In process April 7th
Received line disappeared MAy 23rd
Test Aug 5th
Oath Aug 11th..

Thanks all and all the best for your application processing..hope all gets it soon before election...Cheers..

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Just called CIC today... still no news on test..

App received: Feb 27
App transferred to local office (Scarborough): July 11
App received by local office : July 21 (so about 10 days including 2 weekends for file transfer)

hope I am not the 'chosen' one...

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
spellbinder said:
Just called CIC today... still no news on test..

App received: Feb 27
App transferred to local office (Scarborough): July 11
App received by local office : July 21 (so about 10 days including 2 weekends for file transfer)

hope I am not the 'chosen' one...
Scarborough received my file on August 6th, keeping my fingers crossed. :-X

I am March 2014 applicant.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
globz
Raman
Vancccc
em
jamil

hi all, did you guys receive test invite yet? some other jan and feb have invite already. thanks

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namrijig said:
Guys,
Finally today we became Canadian Citizen.
Below is my timeline.

Applied - Feb 27 2014
In process April 7th
Received line disappeared MAy 23rd
Test Aug 5th
Oath Aug 11th..

Thanks all and all the best for your application processing..hope all gets it soon before election...Cheers..
congraz, very speedy!!

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
here is my timeline. Applied in 6 feb 2014,returned for insufficient fund Feb 26.paid and reutrned application Feb 28. Rec'd March 6 2014. Rec'd RQ June 2014. Completed RQ and returned June 27 2014. Ecas still "in prcoess"
Location is Edmonton Aberta. Current PR expiring in November2014.
I need advise to proceed and renew PR or wait for citizenzhip.
Thanks. :)

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
crucial said:
Hi all,
here is my timeline. Applied in 6 feb 2014,returned for insufficient fund Feb 26.paid and reutrned application Feb 28. Rec'd March 6 2014. Rec'd RQ June 2014. Completed RQ and returned June 27 2014. Ecas still "in prcoess"
Location is Edmonton Aberta. Current PR expiring in November2014.
I need advise to proceed and renew PR or wait for citizenzhip.
Thanks. :)
Renew the PR ...it will take time till you sit for the test and then schedule for the ceremony ...no doubt you should renew the PR cuz it will not be finalized (the citizenship ) befor November

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osamaamany said:
Renew the PR ...it will take time till you sit for the test and then schedule for the ceremony ...no doubt you should renew the PR cuz it will not be finalized (the citizenship ) befor November
Thanks osamaamany. When will be a better time to start the renewal process please?

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
crucial said:
Thanks osamaamany. When will be a better time to start the renewal process please?
Do you have any upcoming travel plans out of country? You'd want 60-90 days before that travel date to get the new PR card

My wife's PR expires 2015 June, thankfully, as her test is end of August and she shouldn't need to renew PR next year (I'd hate to photocopy her 2 passport, page by page again)

Separate question
I think it's usually 2-3 months after test pass to swear oath, and CIC says one surrenders PR card at oath, and wait 2 days to apply for passport (which takes 10 days to receive) <--- can someone verify??

so if one needs to travel before the Oath or cannot get Canadian passport in time, can we call CIC to re-schedule the oath?
I'd hope so, just like we can re-schedule the Test

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
We got our oath invite letters today for the 26 Aug at Hamilton.
Our applications were received on 13 Feb and on 26 Aug we become citizens.

Good luck and wishing all those who are still waiting a speedy process to citizenship.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
We got our oath invite letters today for the 26 Aug at Hamilton.
Our applications were received on 13 Feb and on 26 Aug we become citizens.

Good luck and wishing all those who are still waiting a speedy process to citizenship.
congrazzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!