+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

lala80

Apr 29, 2014
Bikar said:
Congratulations! Could you share your timeline and local office?
Application received on Feb 26; processing on April 23, invitation for test received on Aug 22. I live in North York and the test will be held in Mississauga.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
lala80 said:
Application received on Feb 26; processing on April 23, invitation for test received on Aug 22. I live in North York and the test will be held in Mississauga.
Thank you very much for sharing this. Does you eCAS show you've been invited to the test?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Just wanted to share the fact that we became Canadian citizens today as we had our oath ceremony earlier today. We applied in February 2014 and our application time from start to finish was 195 days. When we sent off our application earlier this year we thought the routine time of 24 months would probably take us into 2016 before we could call ourselves Canadians.

Our journey has come to a fruitful end much sooner than we could have imagined however I would like to wish all who are still awaiting their citizenship the very best and may the day come soon when you too can become Canadian citizens.

Good luck to all and the very best to you all for the future.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
Hie everyone. Glad to join this forum, its always nice to share experiances regarding Canadian citizenship process.

Application received February 10th 2014 , In process March 28th 2014, single Applicant , No RQ, travelled only twice to my country of birth, maintained the same address since 2009 and the same occupation. I called CIC in june and was told my application is in "TRANSIT" to my local office which is Calgary. Now, my questions are, does "in transit" mean its still in Syndey on its way to Calgary or is it in Calgary but awaiting to be received?

My other question is I ordered my ATIP report and I received it and its 18 pages long!! Nowhere does it say , "In transit", and it has an assigned officer with a number on it.Jurisdiction is Calgary, Responsible office is Calgary,All security and immigration checks are done and have been passed. No hearing, no test scheduled. Case stage: Assess Case status:OPEN. My question is, does this mean my file is in Calgary now? Or how else can I tell since the some of the dates for actions taken on my file where right on the 28th of March the initial processing date?Any idea as to how long a Calgary applicant like myself will have to wait for a test date?

Another thing, CIC now has a single decision make model, and with the number of ceremonies Calgary has been having since August the 1st, would anyone here agree that Calgary CIC is moving faster than ever and possibly all 2013 Calgary applicants will be cleared off sooner rather than later? Would it be too optimistic or realistic if an applicant like myself received a test date this fall at least?? Thanks everyone, your comments are appreciated.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eminem slim shady said:
Hie everyone. Glad to join this forum, its always nice to share experiances regarding Canadian citizenship process.

Application received February 10th 2014 , In process March 28th 2014, single Applicant , No RQ, travelled only twice to my country of birth, maintained the same address since 2009 and the same occupation. I called CIC in june and was told my application is in "TRANSIT" to my local office which is Calgary. Now, my questions are, does "in transit" mean its still in Syndey on its way to Calgary or is it in Calgary but awaiting to be received?

My other question is I ordered my ATIP report and I received it and its 18 pages long!! Nowhere does it say , "In transit", and it has an assigned officer with a number on it.Jurisdiction is Calgary, Responsible office is Calgary,All security and immigration checks are done and have been passed. No hearing, no test scheduled. Case stage: Assess Case status:OPEN. My question is, does this mean my file is in Calgary now? Or how else can I tell since the some of the dates for actions taken on my file where right on the 28th of March the initial processing date?Any idea as to how long a Calgary applicant like myself will have to wait for a test date?

Another thing, CIC now has a single decision make model, and with the number of ceremonies Calgary has been having since August the 1st, would anyone here agree that Calgary CIC is moving faster than ever and possibly all 2013 Calgary applicants will be cleared off sooner rather than later? Would it be too optimistic or realistic if an applicant like myself received a test date this fall at least?? Thanks everyone, your comments are appreciated.
if its a normal process and NO RQ required, then its just matter of time.

Eminem slim shady

Aug 2, 2014
suresure said:
how long does it take to receive the ATIP?

WHY 18 pages long? a lot of information?
It takes 30 days, from date of receipt of request...its just a little under infact, but its quite a wait though! I know, I was surprised mine was 18 pages long, that was a lot of info, frankly I find it a bit confusing, I cant tell exactly which page shows the most recent activity, they all seem to have been updated on the same date as my processing date and a few pages have been updated sometime in May .

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing for me... But that's to be expected with Surrey I guess... :(

Sophie_Anne said:
Any updates from my fellow applicants from February?

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
also nothing for me till now ..applied in Feb. 13, 2014 ...test done in June 18 and waiting for the oath invitation ..Niagara office

bunuelbresson

Feb 12, 2014
I just received a letter for my test and my wife's test.

It is in 2 weeks. Montreal. Applied in February.

What is surprising is that my status online is still "received"