Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-06-2012/ ND rec'd 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2012
hkbasi said:
gud morning guys :)

i need some help i am 13 feb applicant .i was approved on 8 june 2012. my husband got his PPR from VOND on 19 june he sent his passport on 20june NDVO recieved it on 21 june since then no update everytime i log on it shows application recieved. FRIDAY i contact with my MP he sent request to ND to find out what is going on . he emailed me the answer from ND VO. but my husband didn't recieved any email on 22 june or later . so plz help me out how can i know what was the email aboutt. and we didn't email to NDVO about any thing i confused plz help me . thanks in advance
This refers to your e-mail received July 13, 2012 on our file xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
We have already responded to an email regarding this issue June 22, 2012.
The answer that was sent is below: -------------------- This refers to your e-mail received June 19, 2012 on our file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
The file is in queue for a first revision. Following the review, we will know the next steps. The situation of a sponsor or a pregnant applicant is fairly common in the queue for processing sponsorship applications of spouses, and therefore can not justify priority treatment.
This request will be processed in the same priority as other applications submitted at the same time. The submission date is February 13, 2012. For current processing times and up-to-date, please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp. I hope you find this information useful and will help you meet your constituents. Sincerely, Kristin L. Erickson
Hey hkbasi, my timelines just a little bit earlier than yours. I contacted my MP last week as well, but the response was that its too early for them to give any feedback. They didnt contact ND, but said if they did they would only be able to tell me that application was rec'd, PPr requested and rec'd. I think we just have to wait and see how long it will take for them to start processing the request.

It is strange though that they think you sent an email earlier, they may have got a similar case to yours so got the information mixed up.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
pjmin said:
Hey hkbasi, my timelines just a little bit earlier than yours. I contacted my MP last week as well, but the response was that its too early for them to give any feedback. They didnt contact ND, but said if they did they would only be able to tell me that application was rec'd, PPr requested and rec'd. I think we just have to wait and see how long it will take for them to start processing the request.

It is strange though that they think you sent an email earlier, they may have got a similar case to yours so got the information mixed up.
It looks like the first week of feb is still stuck on Initial review? grr... I was thinking of getting the Notes now.. they are mostly done with Jan applicants, and they have not done anything for feb applicants after first week yet.. so i guess ND is stuck on first week feb..

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
FedEx just delivered the visa. It was issued July 12, can the spreadsheet get updated please. I thought I would be jumping up and down but I feel pretty overwhelmed. Moving in 2 weeks 2 days.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
FedEx just delivered the visa. It was issued July 12, can the spreadsheet get updated please. I thought I would be jumping up and down but I feel pretty overwhelmed. Moving in 2 weeks 2 days.

now that everything is in hand...you exhaustion is going to come out...weeks...duh..probably months of stressing and anxiety....in a day or so you will be dancing.....of course packng sucks...but 16 days....yippee!!!!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
KJG said:
now that everything is in hand...you exhaustion is going to come out...weeks...duh..probably months of stressing and anxiety....in a day or so you will be dancing.....of course packng sucks...but 16 days....yippee!!!!!
Thanks KJG. I hope you hear from your VO soon.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Thanks KJG. I hope you hear from your VO soon.
I hope so...but don't think so :p

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
KJG said:
I hope so...but don't think so :p
What is happening in the Cuba VO in general? How long does it usually take to hear first word?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canadiangirl78 said:
Congratulations! you made it - bringing your family to Canada - well done, awesome job! you deserve credits for that... but of course it is also overwhelming and exhausting, it takes time to sink in... "all that for that" - it's something you wanted so badly, and when it's finally there it's probably difficult to know how to react and feel about it.... plus the added stress of moving very soon! Good luck with packing!

Cheers,
Sweden

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Sweden said:
Congratulations! you made it - bringing your family to Canada - well done, awesome job! you deserve credits for that... but of course it is also overwhelming and exhausting, it takes time to sink in... "all that for that" - it's something you wanted so badly, and when it's finally there it's probably difficult to know how to react and feel about it.... plus the added stress of moving very soon! Good luck with packing!

Cheers,
Sweden
Well put Sweden.

Luckily we sent everything on a moving truck in April when my parents moved. So we just have to sell, donate or trash everything left after we jam what we can in several suitcases. Taking the cat too - yikes. But it is all worth it.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
What is happening in the Cuba VO in general? How long does it usually take to hear first word?
It seems to be a bit quicker from what I am seeing....I have been told my husband (the applicant) should received an AOR between 5 and 7 weeks of the file transfer date......7 weeks will be Aug 8.....and if nothing heard apparently we can send an email asking for confirmation that they have the file....so we decided that we will wait till the 15th before we both email!!! I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes that we don't take the 10 months as set out in the website!!!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
KJG said:
It seems to be a bit quicker from what I am seeing....I have been told my husband (the applicant) should received an AOR between 5 and 7 weeks of the file transfer date......7 weeks will be Aug 8.....and if nothing heard apparently we can send an email asking for confirmation that they have the file....so we decided that we will wait till the 15th before we both email!!! I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes that we don't take the 10 months as set out in the website!!!!
5-7 weeks isn't bad at all. Almost there!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
5-7 weeks isn't bad at all. Almost there!
yep......just trying to keep busy... :p

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Don't worry you will be fine! Make yourself a list, that's what i do so I don't get overwhelmed and my mind goes 100 miles an hour and i forget half the things!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
cgagnon said:
Don't worry you will be fine! Make yourself a list, that's what i do so I don't get overwhelmed and my mind goes 100 miles an hour and i forget half the things!
Oh yeah I have 3 lists going and I check them constantly, lol!I love knocking stuff off!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Fencesitter said:
CIC is BS? :p

Actually, the day I get sponsorship approval will be the same day I can finally relax a bit...only a bit...a tad, really...

The day my wife receives her PR visa will be the happiest day of my life...it will be the culmination of nearly a decade living in a country that I really don't like very much. I know, why stay if I don't like it? It's complicated, and we don't always have a choice...suffice to say that I have learned a lot about myself and certainly about life as an expat. There is no doubt that these experiences have made me a better and stronger person...something I hope will help when I am back in Canada. It's funny how one year turns into two, then before you know it, 10 years have got behind you...BUT...I am doing something about it by going through this process. Yes, it isn't easy, but it's all worth it in the long run, and I am sure I will come out the other side...

Now I have a really tough decision to make. I have two dogs. One of them, the older one, is not in good shape (something wrong with his spine and he has been in pain, off and on, for about 6 months). I am struggling with a choice, do I take him with me, or do I leave him with my wife's family? It's so hard! He has been through a lot and we all love him to death...but I worry that the flight would be very stressful on him...not sure if he would be able to handle it...Our other dog is is excellent condition...no worries about him. What would you guys do? It's not an easy decision, and even thinking about it really hurts...

FS
Well when you come out on the other side, what will you change into? Hopefully still a human not a big hungry bear!

I say take the dog with you, make sure you put him in a very comfy cage with lots of pillows. I'm sure he can handle it. But think about it. Where would the dog rather be? Some place where you don't want to be, or with you? The dog would like to take the risk, otherwise life ain't worth living!