Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mameelynn said:
HAPPY DAY!!!!!! Guess who finally got some mail in a brown envelop?!! Yep that's right!!! ;D We did!!! After all this time with no word and not being able to get onto ecase we got our sponsor approval letter today!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!! I came on here to let you all know as soon as I got in with the mail!!! Now to call my husband and tell him the GREAT NEWS!!!! There were loads of high-fives with all three kids!!! ;D
Congrats!! A great moment for your family.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Conrats! Woohoo

InnaC

Jul 13, 2012
Hello Everyone!
I'm very happy to hear the great news the feb 2012 applicants have been receiving lately.
Congratulations to the ones that made it, and to the ones that are almost there too!!! ;)

I'm new in this forum and I also belong to the feb 2012 group :)

This forum is very informative and helpful., I realized I wasn't the only one struggling with this wait, thank you all for sharing your thoughts, concerns and even providing great advices & an immense emotional support!!

Unfortunately, my husband hasn't received the approval letter yet; in other words, we haven't passed the first stage yet. He lives in Quebec.
Two weeks ago, he was informed that he was approved, but up to this day we haven't received any actual letter nor emails regarding his approval.

what do you think or what would you suggest? Any comments/suggestions/advices on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You in advance!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
InnaC said:
Hello Everyone!
I'm very happy to hear the great news the feb 2012 applicants have been receiving lately.
Congratulations to the ones that made it, and to the ones that are almost there too!!! ;)

I'm new in this forum and I also belong to the feb 2012 group :)

This forum is very informative and helpful., I realized I wasn't the only one struggling with this wait, thank you all for sharing your thoughts, concerns and even providing great advices & an immense emotional support!!

Unfortunately, my husband hasn't received the approval letter yet; in other words, we haven't passed the first stage yet. He lives in Quebec.
Two weeks ago, he was informed that he was approved, but up to this day we haven't received any actual letter nor emails regarding his approval.

what do you think or what would you suggest? Any comments/suggestions/advices on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You in advance!!
Hello InnaC.. hopefully your husband will receive the approval via mail shortly. CIC will not resend. He should contact them and get the UCI# and Application/File # and then he can check your application status on line. Having said that, some VO's are notorious for not updating the site!!!

InnaC

Jul 13, 2012
KJG said:
Hello InnaC.. hopefully your husband will receive the approval via mail shortly. CIC will not resend. He should contact them and get the UCI# and Application/File # and then he can check your application status on line. Having said that, some VO's are notorious for not updating the site!!!
Hi KJG.. thank you for writing back and letting me know of the details. I really appreciate it!

:( it saddens me to hear that CIC will not resend the letter. Let's hope we get it by next week because the following step requires us to enclose a copy of the letter so that we can apply to the MICC for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Without the letter, all application will be invalid and returned to us.

*sniff sniff., crosses fingers*

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
InnaC said:
Hi KJG.. thank you for writing back and letting me know of the details. I really appreciate it!

:( it saddens me to hear that CIC will not resend the letter. Let's hope we get it by next week because the following step requires us to enclose a copy of the letter so that we can apply to the MICC for the Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). Without the letter, all application will be invalid and returned to us.

*sniff sniff., crosses fingers*
oh soooo frustrating......but if that is a requirement of the Quebec government then they should definitely resend...but will probably make you wait a few weeks :(

InnaC

Jul 13, 2012
KJG said:
oh soooo frustrating......but if that is a requirement of the Quebec government then they should definitely resend...but will probably make you wait a few weeks :(
yeah, agree!! they should definitely resend it :)

If it's time consuming to resend another letter, I hope they consider an email format hehe :) way faster than snail mail.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
InnaC said:
yeah, agree!! they should definitely resend it :)

If it's time consuming to resend another letter, I hope they consider an email format hehe :) way faster than snail mail.
I know faster and more reliable........they sent my aor by email and my approval by mail and I was like...really....grrrrrr.......

InnaC

Jul 13, 2012
KJG said:
I know faster and more reliable........they sent my aor by email and my approval by mail and I was like...really....grrrrrr.......
woot woot! O.O that's was a surprise hehe
They sure know how to spice up our lives with unexpected surprises! :D

Oh, and from the time you received your AOR, did you have wait long to receive your approval by mail?
yay! you received your approval!! *thumbs up*

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
InnaC said:
woot woot! O.O that's was a surprise hehe
They sure know how to spice up our lives with unexpected surprises! :D

Oh, and from the time you received your AOR, did you have wait long to receive your approval by mail?
yay! you received your approval!! *thumbs up*
i received my aor on June 14th.....I was approved on June 20th and received my approval letter on June 25th.......I seen decision made on ecas and it said letter sent on June 20th.....so my file was sent to Havana that day and now I wait....and wait.....and wait

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Ok so this might be the lamest thing but can anyone give me a step-by-step as to how you get into ecas? I still can't log in and I have tried with our UCI,receipt, and our file number.... Do I put any spaces in the name area? Do I put my middle name? do I add the backslash? When would I use my husband's(the applicant) name and birthday over mine(the sponsor)? I feel a bit dumb for not being able to get this dang thing to work but I'm mostly just going to blame CIC for have a stupid-a$$ design!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
mameelynn said:
Ok so this might be the lamest thing but can anyone give me a step-by-step as to how you get into ecas? I still can't log in and I have tried with our UCI,receipt, and our file number.... Do I put any spaces in the name area? Do I put my middle name? do I add the backslash? When would I use my husband's(the applicant) name and birthday over mine(the sponsor)? I feel a bit dumb for not being able to get this dang thing to work but I'm mostly just going to blame CIC for have a stupid-a$$ design!!
it is a stupid system mameelynn...so no worries.....when you use the UCI# it is all your info.....and you put 4 digits-4 digits....now every single time I do this and hit submit it comes back and says my uci # is wrong so I hit the back arrow at the top of your screen and they retype the number.....this happens to me every single time......for the file/application # that is your spouses info......and again when I use his info and hit submit it takes me to a page saying no such file yet...check processing times so then I hit the back arrow again and retype the file no cause it has disappeared and hit submit and his info pops up......the receipt number never works....hope this helps :D

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
KJG said:
it is a stupid system mameelynn...so no worries.....when you use the UCI# it is all your info.....and you put 4 digits-4 digits....now every single time I do this and hit submit it comes back and says my uci # is wrong so I hit the back arrow at the top of your screen and they retype the number.....this happens to me every single time......for the file/application # that is your spouses info......and again when I use his info and hit submit it takes me to a page saying no such file yet...check processing times so then I hit the back arrow again and retype the file no cause it has disappeared and hit submit and his info pops up......the receipt number never works....hope this helps :D
so you add a dash in the middle of your uci? Ours doesn't have a dash it is just 8 numbers in a row on the letter from CIC

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
mameelynn said:
so you add a dash in the middle of your uci? Ours doesn't have a dash it is just 8 numbers in a row on the letter from CIC
but ecas says to enter the number as xxxx-xxxx...so try that.....

InnaC

Jul 13, 2012
KJG said:
i received my aor on June 14th.....I was approved on June 20th and received my approval letter on June 25th.......I seen decision made on ecas and it said letter sent on June 20th.....so my file was sent to Havana that day and now I wait....and wait.....and wait
Ooh, I see now how they worked on your case.
this is the phase where patience is much needed., wait and wait..
*sigh* same here., wait and wait

many thanks for clarifying that point for me! :)