+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

jmatamala

Jan 27, 2018
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I would like to know whether you know how to deal with the following situation. My application was received at the FBI on November 4th, so I guess I still need to wait a month or so for processing. The problem is my bank is issuing me a new credit card due to 'security concerns'. This would make my old card (the one I used in my application) no longer valid. That will screw the payment and probably the whole process. I don't want to apply again and wait the same amount of time. Have any of you experienced a similar issue or know how to deal with it? Thank you very much!

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I would like to know whether you know how to deal with the following situation. My application was received at the FBI on November 4th, so I guess I still need to wait a month or so for processing. The problem is my bank is issuing me a new credit card due to 'security concerns'. This would make my old card (the one I used in my application) no longer valid. That will screw the payment and probably the whole process. I don't want to apply again and wait the same amount of time. Have any of you experienced a similar issue or know how to deal with it? Thank you very much!
You should be able to email the FBI and ask if you can email them a new one. When I sent mine off I screwed up on the address and they told me to email or fax them an updated paper (they sent me a link). They told me it won't cause an issue if they haven't opened your package yet.

Reactions: jmatamala

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I faced the same issue. I sent them an email at liaison@leo.gov as well as identity@fbi.gov with all my details - full name, DOB, Application Delivery date and SSN, and also attached the scanned copy of the credit card form with the updated card details. They sent a standard reply within 2 days.

My application was also delivered in Nov 1st week so it hasn't been opened yet and hopefully it will all work out.

cheera

Jan 12, 2014
I used my brother's address in US for PCC delivery. I gave my brother's name for both ATTN and C/O. Will this be an issue? Please suggest.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello Friend ,

I got my USA PCC last week . It is of 2 page . On first Page there is nothing but logo and second page all the details .
Do i need to upload scan copy of both the pages with CIC PCC application or just the second page which has deatils.. Please help

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello friend,

I applied for US PCC during October . After that i visited India and Mexico for 1 week each .

I recieved my PCC after my small visit . Do i need to re-apply US PCC again or it is still valid .

also i got my Indian PCC from Chicago Embassy on Sep 2017 so it will be still valid or i need to get the new one for Indian PCC as well ?

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello friend,

I applied for US PCC during October . After that i visited India and Mexico for 1 week each .

I recieved my PCC after my small visit . Do i need to re-apply US PCC again or it is still valid .

also i got my Indian PCC from Chicago Embassy on Sep 2017 so it will be still valid or i need to get the new one for Indian PCC as well ?

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
Your US PCC is valid for 6 months, ie. Till April if you're living in the US. You will need PCC from India again if you visited it again after getting the India PCC.

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
"Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Can someone explain what this means? I do not live in the US. They tell me to mail my application is the only way to get it.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
"Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Can someone explain what this means? I do not live in the US. They tell me to mail my application is the only way to get it.
It means you have to upload the PCC in the CIC portal, you cannot send the hard copy to them.

Reactions: macaly7

capri_sanjeev

Jul 19, 2017
Not surprised. Lets see how fast they process the eDO.
For Immigrants in US, will eDO allow us for LiveScan like its available for USCitizens and GC holders ? If we use that service, the report will be available in 1-2 days. Will that service be available for us to use when eDO launches on 1st Feb ?