+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

For Immigrants in US, will eDO allow us for LiveScan like its available for USCitizens and GC holders ? If we use that service, the report will be available in 1-2 days. Will that service be available for us to use when eDO launches on 1st Feb ?
Hope so. Not sure.

getnish

Jan 29, 2018
Hello,

Due to upload size limitations, I am planning to put screenshots of the multiple certificates/ documents in a word doc. has anyone tried this before. Is there a chance that CIC will reject screenshots on word doc?

Thanks

Hello,

Due to upload size limitations, I am planning to put screenshots of the multiple certificates/ documents in a word doc. has anyone tried this before. Is there a chance that CIC will reject screenshots on word doc?

Thanks
You can save the PDF as an "optimized PDF" if you have Acrobat Pro. That's what I did to get around that limitation. My 2c.

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
Just heard back from CJIS/Customer Support: The eDO process will not decrease the processing time of existing applications. (As suspected :( )
You submitted your eAPR without the FBI PCC? Is that all that your application is awaiting at the moment?

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
Yes. Timeline in sig. That is all my application is waiting on as of now.
Nice! That's something to consider. My report will not be ready until about the end of March. Actually, our requests were submitted on the same day - November 20, 2017.

Reactions: 8494193

Nice! That's something to consider. My report will not be ready until about the end of March. Actually, our requests were submitted on the same day - November 20, 2017.
Hence, I'm hoping to get some benefit from the eDO process. #reapply

WAT876

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
Hence, I'm hoping to get some benefit from the eDO process. #reapply
That would be great. I hope my prints are acceptable. One print appeared smudged to me. Otherwise the eDo process would be a lifesaver if it speeds up the process. What is the turnaround time for the eDo application? And can it be done from outside the US?

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Hello,

Thanks
Yes, i did this for all my documents. I created them in Word and then saved it as PDF, word has option to save file as pdf, use that and don't upload editable word documents.

Also, there is an option to reduce document size in Word which I think is under File menu. You can use that prior to saving your document and that basically allows you to decrease the DPI of the images in the document and drop any cropped out areas of the image, resulting in a smaller document. Play with different DPI settings and then save as PDF and check the file size. If it is still more than what is allowed, lower the DPI by one more level and check again.

Reactions: WAT876

keroppi

Star Member
Nov 12, 2017
Nice one. My request reached them on the same day as well - 20 Nov.

The new eDO option doesn't come soon enough. If it shaves off sometime, I'd definitely resubmit my application.

god _blessed

Aug 23, 2017
Hello experts ,
I need your help . I lived in USA from 2008 to 2011 , I got my fbi verification in dec 2017 . For how long is this valid for express entry ( I have not visited USA again after 2011 ) . Thanks

getnish

Jan 29, 2018
Yes, i did this for all my documents. I created them in Word and then saved it as PDF, word has option to save file as pdf, use that and don't upload editable word documents.

Also, there is an option to reduce document size in Word which I think is under File menu. You can use that prior to saving your document and that basically allows you to decrease the DPI of the images in the document and drop any cropped out areas of the image, resulting in a smaller document. Play with different DPI settings and then save as PDF and check the file size. If it is still more than what is allowed, lower the DPI by one more level and check again.

Thanks SPSO! Very helpful..will try it out.

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hello experts ,
I need your help . I lived in USA from 2008 to 2011 , I got my fbi verification in dec 2017 . For how long is this valid for express entry ( I have not visited USA again after 2011 ) . Thanks
Don't worry. Your FBI PCC won't expire unless you visit US again.