+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Clearance in US

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations anjay!! My anxious wait still continues and I am past 11 weeks now. No credit card charge yet and as per cust rep, still not started processing. When exactly was your request received by the FBI?

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land
garian4u said:
Congratulations anjay!! My anxious wait still continues and I am past 11 weeks now. No credit card charge yet and as per cust rep, still not started processing. When exactly was your request received by the FBI?
hi garian4u...fbi rcvd my request on 11-16, they debited my credit card account on 12-22. Is the person you spoke with positive that they actually see your request on their database? Or are they just saying it is not processed as a general form of reply to your query?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjay, they confirm that they did receive my request on 11/2, but that the request has not entered into the processing database.

A

anushauc

Garian4u . This is really worrying . You may want to re-apply...
Tell them ppl who have applied after you ( same mode of payment - CC ) have got it and they dont have a clue on ures yet ...

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have told this to them multiple times but they won't budge. I keep saying that how come everyone else's request is being processed while mine is being not, but they keep saying "allow 10 weeks for processing". That is dumber than a 3 wear old kid's statement

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I have told this to them multiple times but they won't budge. I keep saying that how come everyone else's request is being processed while mine is being not, but they keep saying "allow 10 weeks for processing". That is dumber than a 3 wear old kid's statement
When i sent an e-mail asking if my request is in the system...instead of a yes or no answer i got the reply that "it takes 8-10 weeks for processing. Your patience is appreciated" :mad:

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my postal records FBI has received my application on 6th Jan 2010. I asked them if they can confirm the receipt of the application, they said " It is to early to confirm that we have your request, it takes awhile before it is at a stage that we can view the status." on 19th Jan, 2010

I have no option but to wait, but I was hoping they could at least acknowledge the application

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got an e-mail today from FBI with exactly the same details.

"Recd application on Nov 23rd 2009. Pls allow 10 weeks for processing. Your request is not in the system and is not being processed as of today".
???

ako_si

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-July-2009
Doc's Request.
23-September-2009
AOR Received.
01-December-2009
File Transfer...
30-September-2009
Med's Request
09-March-2010
Med's Done....
20-March-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-May-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-June-2010
LANDED..........
06-July-2010
Hi. When i called the FBI to follow up on my clearance, they told me that they received my application on November 12, 2009 and is currently on process, 8-10 weeks of processing time. I'm starting to worry since it's been more than 2 months now.. And another thing, it's about the state clearances.. I'm not sure if I still need to get one. Could someone please help me with this? I'm currently residing in Manila.. What would be the process? Is it the same process as with the FBI clearance? I mean, when it comes with the fingerprinting, etc.? Thanks a lot..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ako_si said:
Hi. When i called the FBI to follow up on my clearance, they told me that they received my application on November 12, 2009 and is currently on process, 8-10 weeks of processing time. I'm starting to worry since it's been more than 2 months now.. And another thing, it's about the state clearances.. I'm not sure if I still need to get one. Could someone please help me with this? I'm currently residing in Manila.. What would be the process? Is it the same process as with the FBI clearance? I mean, when it comes with the fingerprinting, etc.? Thanks a lot..
ako_si, you are lucky. My request was received by them on November 2, 2009 and has still not entered processing. It is close to 3 months now for me. As for the State police certificates, they are not required at this stage. But, you might as well get them as you wait for your FBI. The process differs from state to state and you can find all the information at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/Detroit/offices-bureaux/certificates-certificat.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=332&menu=L.

I ordered one for the Washington State and the fingerprinting process was similar to that of the FBI, only that the results came back within 2 weeks.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called up FBI. There processing database is down and hence they can't tell status for the next 2-3 hours. :'(

mommymutya

Nov 19, 2009
ako_si said:
hi ako_si, I am also from Manila. You don't need the state clearance unless you are currently residing in the US. My husband's FBI clearance was received Oct 27...according to last status inquiry it will be sent on Jan 20. We have not followed up since then. Hopefully we receive it in 2 weeks time(US to Manila).

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mommymutya. Was your mode of payment to FBI Credit Card or Cashier's Check / Bank Draft? When exactly did FBI tell you that your request started processing? I am in severe distress as my request was received by them on Nov 2 and still hasn't entered processing.

bkk

Jan 20, 2010
Hi anushac....my request for FBI reached there on 6th of January..they have already cashed my bank draft.....is that mean they have already issued the letter? i spoke to CR people yesterday told me my name is not in their database.......wat does it mean? it would be grt help to get ur reply

mommymutya

Nov 19, 2009
garian4u said:
Hi mommymutya. Was your mode of payment to FBI Credit Card or Cashier's Check / Bank Draft? When exactly did FBI tell you that your request started processing? I am in severe distress as my request was received by them on Nov 2 and still hasn't entered processing.
Mode was Credit Card. Actually we sent 3 applications, first was received on Oct 23 via DHL, second Oct 27 FEDEX and third was Nov 27 FEDEX. Only 2 got in the credit card. I don't know about the other one. I understand where you are...it is really frustrating. The reason why we did is because the first one- we did it ourselves, the second one, was not of good quality as compared to the samples we checked in the internet. So we decided a third one on a different local police station. We had to be meticulous, time is precious, if we get it back, it will take some time for a new request. If you think the prints are OK, then hope for the best, otherwise, send a new set of prints.