+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

immi_seeker

Jun 9, 2012
Dear All,

I want to apply for Canadian PR. Initially I had visited few consultants but soon found out that they are just document forwarders and you are actually doing the whole case yourself.

I have been browsing through this forum for a couple of days now and found it very informative and helpful. I would like to put my case in front of you for your kind evaluation and comments:

Education:
BS Computer Science – Four Years Regular Program
MBA – Two Years Regular Program
Question: MBA is related to my NOC (Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners) but BS is not. Would I still get points for 18 Years of Education?

IELTS:
8 ( L 8.5, R 8, W 7, S 8 )

Experience:
4 Years post qualification (MBA)

Spouse:
BA Regular (14 Years of Education)
MA Private (16 Years of Education)

What would be my points total?

Regards,

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
immi_seeker said:
Dear All,

I want to apply for Canadian PR. Initially I had visited few consultants but soon found out that they are just document forwarders and you are actually doing the whole case yourself.

I have been browsing through this forum for a couple of days now and found it very informative and helpful. I would like to put my case in front of you for your kind evaluation and comments:

Education:
BS Computer Science – Four Years Regular Program
MBA – Two Years Regular Program
Question: MBA is related to my NOC (Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners) but BS is not. Would I still get points for 18 Years of Education?: Points of education is based on the number of years you studied, not according to your job. So, you will get 25 in education.

IELTS:
8 ( L 8.5, R 8, W 7, S 8 ): 16

Experience:
4 Years post qualification (MBA): 21

Spouse:
BA Regular (14 Years of Education)
MA Private (16 Years of Education): 4

What would be my points total?

Regards,
Total 76................. :) :)

However, you must study your other eligibility criteria. Here are the links for you:

Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Instruction guide:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

National Occupational Classification 2011:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

There are also some other options but most commonly Skilled Worker Category is chosen. However, you can explore other options here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

omarko

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
hello freind, question to u after your E-Case turned to we reviewed your application and start processing how long did it take to receive your MR.. thanx , lam 2009 applicante ,with Ankara VO now transfered from Damascus... thanx again.

immi_seeker

Jun 9, 2012
deba_avik said:
Total 76................. :) :)

However, you must study your other eligibility criteria. Here are the links for you:

Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply:

Instruction guide:

National Occupational Classification 2011:

There are also some other options but most commonly Skilled Worker Category is chosen. However, you can explore other options here:
thanks deba. let me make it a bit complicated now: :)

1) out of 24 courses in my MBA, credits of my one course were exempted as I had done it in my BS. my MBA transcript mentions this credit exemption and gives reference of my BS degree. would this make any difference in my points claims?

2) although my MBA was a two year regular program however it was conducted during evenings. would I still get 25 points? my degree and transcript does not say that i did it during evenings.

3) i was working full time while doing my MBA (very common in my country). however that work is irrelevant to my NOC. should i still show that work experience and make the visa officer doubt on my MBA as not a full-time study?

everyone's is more than welcome to respond :)

dhrubo_7016

May 31, 2011
Hi, I m Robin. I applied for Canada Immigration (skilled worker) on May 2010. October 2010 CIC send me a client ID no, with which I can access my a/c status. This 29th April 2012, when I brows my a/c for application status I got a line where written "" A decision has been made" & CIC send me letter on 26th April 2012 which still I didnt get. Now, from end of the May when I want to query my application status in net with that Client ID no. I can not enter my a/c & the system tell me that they r not finding any application about that ID no.

NOW, Pls tell me whts going on. Wht should I do now. & wht does it mean that I can not access my application status.
Pls help me...............

dhrubo_7016

May 31, 2011
Hi, I m Robin. I applied for Canada Immigration (skilled worker) on May 2010. October 2010 CIC send me a client ID no, with which I can access my a/c status. This 29th April 2012, when I brows my a/c for application status I got a line where written "" A decision has been made" & CIC send me letter on 26th April 2012 which still I didnt get. Now, from end of the May when I want to query my application status in net with that Client ID no. I can not enter my a/c & the system tell me that they r not finding any application about that ID no.

NOW, tell me whts going on. Wht should I do now. & wht does it mean that I can not access my application status.
Pls help me...............

unni

Nov 13, 2011
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SEND TRU APPL
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10.08.2012 new born med req on 21.03.2013
Med's Done....
30.08.2012- new born med on 31.03.2013
Interview........
GOD'S HAND
Passport Req..
24.04.2013 & pp recived by LVO on 07.05.2013 DECESION MADE ON 28.05.2013, ADDRESS CHANGED ON 30.05.2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
with the grace of god on 18.07.2013
U PLS SENS A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY IN DETAILS TO NDVO

Emgee

Jun 5, 2012
Hello All,

We have very recently decided to try for Canadian Immigration in the FSW category and also looking at this very extensive and helpful forum, taking the plunge to apply individually instead of through a consultant!

So, here I am, shooting off my first set of questions to this forum for help and guidance. I've tried searching through the earlier threads, but couldn't find exact answers, hence, posting these questions:

1. My son's passport expires in November this year. Will this be a problem if I am applying in July? (As in, is there a minimum validaty from the date of applying beyond which a dependent's passport must be valid)?

2. The birth certificate of both my sons don't have their name on it. The certificate just says that a boy was born on a certain date and place, to the parents (and the parents' names are correctly mentioned). Will these birth certificates be valid or do I necessarily need to get the child's name entered? (I am in Delhi, so I am told it might not be an easy process to get a child's name entered on the birth certificate).

3. Can a child's passport act as a valid birth certificate?

4. We are hoping to apply with my wife as the primary applicant, assuming her skills come up in the NOC this year. The question is around the work experience letter. Now, she's been working with the same organisation for over 10 years. Does the experience letter need to have details of all the positions she has had in the last ten years or is it sufficient to cover the current role in detail?

I have very little time and am starting now for all document preparation. Looking forward to a quick response from this wonderful group! Many thanks in advance...and my strong urge to keep up the good work!

Cheers,
eMGee

Manav Mehta

Jun 12, 2012
Can anyone help me for HRSDC Visa for Canada, i m getting offer for Skilled Labour in Alberta in one of the Chain Restaurant. Please help

dryasir

Mar 29, 2012
ASA i am new to his forum...i am a MI3, i applied under the category 3112, my visa office is london...I recieved my PER on 5 Feb 2012 and now the 2nd line has been added on ecas on 31 May 2012 that we have started processing your application...i believe this is the time when they start sending MR??right??

i have a few question to ask if some brother/sister could please guide me.

my wife last month gave birth to my second baby...i am in the process of gathering my babys documents( birth cert,passport.DD,Proof of funds etc)....i am planning on sending my babys documents,along with our police clearance certificate(which i did not send initially) and bank statements hopefully till next week.

my question is that if in case i get MR call in the coming weeks which i fear may not include my new born baby....then what should i do?? either go for the medical exam or wait till the Visa office sends MR again Huh
or would they send MR for my new child separatly later on??

Kindly if some senior could put light on this serious matter...i would b very thankful

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
dryasir said:
ASA i am new to his forum...i am a MI3, i applied under the category 3112, my visa office is london...I recieved my PER on 5 Feb 2012 and now the 2nd line has been added on ecas on 31 May 2012 that we have started processing your application...i believe this is the time when they start sending MR??right??

i have a few question to ask if some brother/sister could please guide me.

my wife last month gave birth to my second baby...i am in the process of gathering my babys documents( birth cert,passport.DD,Proof of funds etc)....i am planning on sending my babys documents,along with our police clearance certificate(which i did not send initially) and bank statements hopefully till next week.

my question is that if in case i get MR call in the coming weeks which i fear may not include my new born baby....then what should i do?? either go for the medical exam or wait till the Visa office sends MR again Huh
or would they send MR for my new child separatly later on??

Kindly if some senior could put light on this serious matter...i would b very thankful
Hello dryasir,

Just updates your new born with the CIC and wait for the medicals. If you get the medicals before the updated docs reach to them, just wait them to send seperate medical form to your new born. Don't go to medicals without the medical form of every family members planning to immigrate. If you do, that will just delay your processing unnecessarily. In case you received your medical in between updating time, it won't take long for them to send a separate medical form for your baby. Hope that helps. tc

CyTric

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
My status was Disappear before 10 days. i was not able to check ecase. it was saying that information provided is not correct.

Today I check ecase Successfully but Something strange i notice.

BEFOER ECASE DISAPPEARED. MY STATUS WAS:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May-04, 2012

TODAY ECASE BACK AFTER 10 DAYS AND STATUS IS:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May - 15, 2012.

any idea what is going on?

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
Hello friends,

I need help. I only have given name without middle and family name.
I saw at first page that we can leave it blank or just write N/A on family name box.
The problem is, when I tried to fill electronically, it cant. It said, "/" is not allowed.
If I leave it blank, it cant verified.
I really confused. What should I do? Should I input the same, so it will appear, Mr. Sigelopisan, sigelopisan :D

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I personally don't see any reasons to worry about. Sometimes, e-CAS behaves weirdly, but as per your status, you should be in position be get medicals soon. Thanks.

CyTric

jaydeepdave said:
My status was Disappear before 10 days. i was not able to check ecase. it was saying that information provided is not correct.

Today I check ecase Successfully but Something strange i notice.

BEFOER ECASE DISAPPEARED. MY STATUS WAS:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May-04, 2012

TODAY ECASE BACK AFTER 10 DAYS AND STATUS IS:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May - 15, 2012.

any idea what is going on?