+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
PR under FSW - Please help me out

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt so I'll appreciate if anyone of can help me out.

On my post-grad work permit, I worked in Canada over a year. I received positive LMO in May, 2012 which extended my work permit till May 2014. Now, I am planning to file PR under FSW (as I hold more than one year of experience under NOC-A category and I am completing my 67 points to meet eligibility criteria)

Now, According to FSW, i need to have Arrange Employment which kind of confuses me. On the website, it says that an arrange employment is considered if:

I am currently working in Canada on a work permit and

a) Your work permit was issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC),
b) Your work permit is valid when you apply for a permanent resident visa, and
c) Your current employer has made an offer to give you a permanent job if your application is successful.

I am employed on permanent basis in my company but my employer is not comfortable to offer me a permanent job at a future date. He thinks that this contract will bind my company to offer me job even if they don't wish to hire me (because no one is sure about future). If this is the case, how can I prove the third point of AEO?
In the mean time, my employer is ready to give reference letter stating that I am permanently employed with company for over a year. Will this letter with my paystubs be good enough to file PR?

famousnovel

Jun 30, 2009
Hello everyone,
When I try to check our application status through online "Client Application Status" link (right hand side of cic website), It gives me an error message indicating that "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:...."
I don't know why I get this message because our application is being processed in Ankara and we have valid Immigration File Number (B0.....) . I used the immigration file number along with Last Name and Date of Birth , all of them correctly typed in but it seems I can't see the status of our application. Could it be just Ankara Visa Office doesn't update the applications online?
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

archik

Jul 16, 2012
Hi,

Since i had sent my documents on 26th June and FSW would not accept applications notice was published on 28th june on CIC wesite.

And my application reached Canada NS on 4th july..

Does it mean that my application would be returned, or thay would anyway consider it..

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
The MI5 instruction say application received after July1st 2012 will be returned.. but even if your application is received before July1st but your NOC occupation cap is reached then you will get rejection

If your application falls under FSW-2 category i.e you have LMO/AEO then there is no problem you will received Positive Eligibility review

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,
After 70 days of sending PPS to CHC London still waiting for the PR Sticker & PPs return.
The reason for delay is the chnage of my wife father name to my Sur name, which was informed to chc London many time but
now they are saying Visa Issuance Department as send my wife PP for additional security check/
Can any1 tell me how much time it will take as our Medicals will expire in November?
Please help?
Regards,

Anurag

Jul 30, 2012
Dear Seniors and friends

I am waiting for my PR card and gave the officer at Toronto airport my address for delivering it but it has been more than 4 months since I received it. :( :( :( :(
I got to know now that photo retake is required and there is 180 days time to do so. I gave my recent photos with accurate specifications and send it to Nova Scotia where I was told to submit at Case processing centre. Now I don't know the time period in which they will deliever my PR card, do you have any idea??

Please, please reply as I want to plan my trip as my aunt is critical and I need to go to see her and want to meet her once, otherwise I will regret throughout my life. I don't want to take travel document as I want to be on a safer side by taking PR card.

singh_king1234

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 july 2012
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
13 july 2012
Med's Request
April 2013
Med's Done....
12 April
Interview........
Telephonic
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
13 oct 2013
dear sir,

i have applied under fsw2 . recieved aor from ndvo in july 2012. my passport is going to expire in next 6 months ie. by jan 2013 . should i apply for a new passport now or wait for my proceeding. as someone said minimum validity of passport should be Min 6 months .even in case of PR.

please help ..thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
psairam86 said:
Hi,
I have applied for Immigration in Nov, 2004, New Delhi,India, till now they have not completed the process still its going. 2 weeks back(21/July/2012) I paid the fees for Right of landing.

Can any one please tell me how many days time they will take to process my application? or whom to contact to get the correct information. I have checked the status on line but its showing " My application still Under process"

Please tell me..
Thanks and Regards
Sairam,India
I'm assuming you had a positive SELDEC prior to the end of March, 2012. If not, according to OB 442 they should be returning your fees to you. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp.

Assuming you had a positive selection decision prior to the end of March, then your file is awaiting final processing. Files are scheduled for periodic review (which is normally visible in the CAIPS notes, which you can request) and typically this means you had some deadline by which to submit the RPRF. They will look at your file after that deadline (2-4 weeks) and if everything is in order, they would issue the PPR.

Good luck, it sounds like you are almost done.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello all,

Just noticed an update that "Effective immediately, the North American processing network has been restructured to modernize and streamline processing of permanent resident applications abroad. As part of the restructure, the visa section of the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo has been closed to the public and the permanent resident workload at all United States (U.S.) visa offices has been re-aligned....Applications currently in process in Buffalo will be transferred to the Case Processing Pilot Office – Ottawa (CPP-O) for processing. All original supporting documents accompanying applications in Buffalo will also be transferred. Those who have already sent documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York do not need to re-send them." Detail information can be found at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob425.asp

So my concern is do I need to contact Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa, Ontario instead of Buffalo VO, NY for further information. I was asked for additional medical test and my DMP has submitted my additional medicals test on 23 July 2012 to Ontario, Canada. I haven't heard anything form them till date? Has mine case been transferred too? Seniors, please advise

Regards,
CyTric

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cytric said:
So my concern is do I need to contact Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa, Ontario instead of Buffalo VO, NY for further information. I was asked for additional medical test and my DMP has submitted my additional medicals test on 23 July 2012 to Ontario, Canada. I haven't heard anything form them till date? Has mine case been transferred too? Seniors, please advise
Yes, that's exactly what it means, unless you hear otherwise from them, e.g., if they transferred your file to a different office.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
computergeek said:
Yes, that's exactly what it means, unless you hear otherwise from them, e.g., if they transferred your file to a different office.
Dear computergeek,

So do that change the processing time? Any ideas?

CyTric

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cytric said:
So do that change the processing time? Any ideas?
I'm sure it will impact processing time. The problem is that none of us know how it will impact them. My expectation is that it will make things slow down for some time, but eventually it will speed up.

sprue12

Aug 10, 2012
applied under Skilled Category in March 2012 and got the mail of acceptance of my application in the same month. In mid july, an officer called at my previous employer’s and as per the answering guy, he did not look quite satisfied.. The guy who answered the inquiry was a bit weak in English and just could not understand exactly what was asked. I am worried as all my documents are ok and authentic there is not even a 0.1% chance of them being untrue. I am worried as there has been no call to me for inquiry if they were unsatisfied as per the guy who answered them.. It has been almost 25 days now, no medical request and no further inquiry to any other place that i have worked nor the bank, its all very tense …. do u guys have any idea about this situation ?

sprue12

Aug 10, 2012
I applied under Skilled Category in March 2012 and got the mail of acceptance of my application in the same month. In mid july, an officer called at my previous employer’s and as per the answering guy, he did not look quite satisfied.. The guy who answered the inquiry was a bit weak in English and just could not understand exactly what was asked. I am worried as all my documents are ok and authentic there is not even a 0.1% chance of them being untrue. I am worried as there has been no call to me for inquiry if they were unsatisfied as per the guy who answered them.. It has been almost 25 days now, no medical request and no further inquiry to any other place that i have worked nor the bank, its all very tense …. do u guys have any idea about this situation ?