+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAQ

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
kisunja said:
walterg74 said:
From what I know, you HAVE to put the information of your parents and siblings in the relevant sections. It doesn't matter if you're single, since this form has to be filled out by all the applicants (if you did have a husband for example and he went with you, both of you would have to fill this form -2 forms.-)
That's exactly my question: is "family members"on IMM008 generic actually a relevant section for parents/siblings or not?
the guide does NOT require to fill in the info about parents/siblings in this particular section - only "spouses, common-laws and children". so if I do not have them, is it ok if I put "N/A"?
Or should I still give the info about parents and siblings, because they still are my family ?
I could still write about them just in case, but I do not want to make a mistake...
I don't know exactly what you mean by "a relevant section"... You have to fill out ALL sections...

I also don't understand why you say "so if I do not have them is it ok if I put N/A" but then afterwards you say "or should I still give info... ... because they are still my family". DO you have brothers and sisters or not??? If you do, you MUST enter that information.

If you look at the link/guide I just posted, it tells you in a very clear way what you have to put in each section.
For example, in the first section, the only one that is "optional" is your spouse/common law parter, because you may not have one. But you STILL have to put YOUR information AND your parents information there... (It also tells you that if you do not have a spouse/common law partner you have to sign at the bottom of that section, with doing so being your "formal" declaration that you don't have one.

Section B is also optional because if you have no children, you have nothing to put there (and again, you must sign declaring this is so, if that's the case).

Section C lastly is similar to B, in the sense that you may not have any siblings, so if that's the case that would be blank, and again you have to sign at the bottom.

Section D is a general signature stating all you filled/signed above is correct.

Again the guide can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

and it's on page 33. You'll find this explains pretty clearly what you have to do on all sections of your applications.

Regards!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks for the explanations, waltberg74! :)
Yes, you are right, they do belong into the additional family information form, IMM 5406.
I was also concerned if I should put information about them into the form IMM 0008 generic, this one:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf
sorry for all the confusion!
page 23 of the same guide you cited, as well as the form itself, lists only spouses, common-laws and children as "family members". if CIC does not require all the details about parents and siblings in this particular section, even if they are my family, I should not put it in, right?

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,
I need an advice .I ve got PCC from Pakistan which was issued on 22nd May, 2009 n it contains no date of expiry.I was under the assumption that for immigration purposes the validity period of a PCC is 4 months from the date of issue, but now I ve come to know tht CIC accepts PCC ,within the validity of only 3 months,I ve got almost all of my docs ready with me except my PCC from UK ,which s in process but I ll receive it only in the last week of Aug.but by that time my PCC from Pak. will be expired (expiring on 22nd of Aug.)
Kindly suggest wht shd I do in this situation? Should I send
my application without PCC from UK n mention it in my cover letter to CIC ,n send after a week OR should I wait till end of Aug. n send all the documents together (although at tht time there s a possibility tht CIC could reject my PCC from Pak n getting a fresh PCC while living in KSA s just a heck).My deadline for submission of docs to London CHC s Nov. 17th.
Other members plz share ur experiences,is there any member
who has submitted his PCC few days older than 3 months n got accepted?
rupeshhari whts ur opinion abt it?

thanks n regards

ktmnepal

Aug 12, 2009
Additional docments

Hi
Its been 1 year i have applied for Skilled worker PR but no response when should i submit other supporting documents? I have submitted only application form and i have recieved noticed of application recieved along with file no. What will be the next in my case? please help me.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt).
Also move this question out of FAQ

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
What is AEO?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
kisunja said:
I was also concerned if I should put information about them into the form IMM 0008 generic?
NO
If CIC does not require all the details about parents and siblings in this particular section, even if they are my family, I should not put it in, right?
RIGHT

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
hello everyone here.
I just want to know that i have heard that NOC fast track list is going to be changed in Sep. 2009.
Is it true? anybody know?
thanks

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gujjar said:
hello everyone here.
I just want to know that i have heard that NOC fast track list is going to be changed in Sep. 2009.
thanks
syedrahman1980 said:
gujjar said:
hello everyone here.
thanks
Where have you heard this ?

Syed

Probably JANG News, lol. Just kidding. I have read on some places too that looks like some thing gonna change in this year but no authentic news.

sumo1979

Jul 31, 2009
hi,
I belong to 2134 catagory of the NOc list but this profession is not listed in the list of skilled workers.

can i still apply for the Skilled worker immigration.

Please not i do not have any offer of employement and neither i am in canada.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
hmmm, think about getting a new lawyer. Well, at least from what I read, state PCC is required (US states, not states in other countries).